WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - What’s going wrong?

Board index Championship Halifax - FaxFans.co.uk What’s going wrong?

Re: What’s going wrong?
Post Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:45 am
Posted by Pumpetypump on Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:45 am
Pumpetypump User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 278
Rep Position: 88th / 77,841

Quiz Score: 320

What he said above. Games of inches. Bradford have won 6 on the bounce playing, at times, terrible rugby and relying on some sort of bizarre comeback when all is lost. Great fun to watch a come back but it's masking something. I suspect you can't find the single smoking gun as to why you aren't quite at the races yet. The reasons are too subtle but as a supporter what you want to know is that the problem has been identified and something is being done.
Post Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:49 am
Posted by Greg Florimos Boots on Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:49 am
Greg Florimos Boots User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 289
Rep Position: 84th / 77,841

Quiz Score: 0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCzSrDwrK_I

Some embarassing contributions in there from a few players. There can be no excuses for tackling like that in the first 20 minutes of a game no matter what anyone says.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln
Post Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:09 pm
Posted by SingaporeFax on Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:09 pm
SingaporeFax Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 23
Rep Position: 274th / 77,841

Jeez, whether they were rolling us, passing with purpose of laboring to score, our defensive structure looked pathetic. So many times individuals seem to be pushing up and creating gaps for Ford, Kherelliah and Bartau. That Joe Bretherton score was abysmal. Some of the tackling is pathetic. Lacks any venom. They'd lost that game before they got on the field. I back Marshall but he can't use busted players and injuries as an excuse. That was clearly inept. Every team plays busted players and players carrying knocks.
Post Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:35 pm
Posted by Greg Florimos Boots on Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:35 pm
Greg Florimos Boots User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 289
Rep Position: 84th / 77,841

SingaporeFax wrote:
Jeez, whether they were rolling us, passing with purpose of laboring to score, our defensive structure looked pathetic. So many times individuals seem to be pushing up and creating gaps for Ford, Kherelliah and Bartau. That Joe Bretherton score was abysmal. Some of the tackling is pathetic. Lacks any venom. They'd lost that game before they got on the field. I back Marshall but he can't use busted players and injuries as an excuse. That was clearly inept. Every team plays busted players and players carrying knocks.

The highlights from the bradford game are on youtube courtesy of Bradford as well and again its the same players that are way off the pace. I mean Bradfords last try what is that? I see Marshall saying about our basic skills been lacking and he really shouldnt have to do much in that area in regards to coaching but he signed a lot of these players so does that mean he didn't do proper research on them? Either way I think its time for him to go and a heavy defeat over at Sheffield will only enhance that feeling amognst fans.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln
Post Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:32 am
Posted by Faxfan1999 on Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:32 am
Faxfan1999 Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 292nd / 77,841

Personally I get bored listening to the same excuses when we lose from the club and from some of the fans on social media - we threw away the Bulls game , I have seen some of the tries conceded in France , I can accept that players may have been tired and carrying knocks but I cannot accept not trying.

Look at the Hunslet game in the cup we made hard work of that - the team we had in 2009 or 2010 would have brushed them aside and not even broke sweat doing it....
Post Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:30 pm
Posted by jensenFF on Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:30 pm
jensenFF Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 121
Rep Position: 180th / 77,841

Hard to believe its such a short time span since the London victory . The mood has certainly changed around the place and it doesnt feel great. Tolouse almost seemed a protest vote against something or someone .lets hope the fans meeting provides some direction and identifies what is going wrong .
Previous