WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - “We are in the ‘working at it’ stage at the moment.

Board index Championship Halifax - FaxFans.co.uk “We are in the ‘working at it’ stage at the moment.

Posted by chris_smith on Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:50 am
chris_smith Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 62
Rep Position: 225th / 77,801

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2002 1:46 pm
Posts: 1308
Location: Halifax
No it's a rudderless ship and all they want is clarity and have tried to voice their concerns. If it's your team, your decisions etc it makes a world of difference. However if you are merely a player and have a coach who is paid as such and isnt really doing anything then that's different... I'm not saying they are the answer but they are respected more than the coach is... As it stands now with RM in charge its a disaster....
Posted by freddies wig on Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:48 pm
freddies wig User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 37
Rep Position: 250th / 77,801

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:37 pm
Posts: 2368
Location: surrey
chris_smith wrote:
No it's a rudderless ship and all they want is clarity and have tried to voice their concerns. If it's your team, your decisions etc it makes a world of difference. However if you are merely a player and have a coach who is paid as such and isnt really doing anything then that's different... I'm not saying they are the answer but they are respected more than the coach is... As it stands now with RM in charge its a disaster....


Don’t want to start a ruck or anything but you really need to back this up with a source, or acknowledgement of source of info.

From my experience, in a situation like the one you are outlining, players come out and say something, approach the board and the board get galvanised. Not allow the coach to continue to be the face of the club. I’m not calling BS but I smell a rat!

There have been issues on the field and all the club can do is work hard to resolve it and enjoy the support of the fan base and not be exposed to conjecture and stirring
Oh hali hali hali hali halifax
Posted by chris_smith on Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:00 pm
chris_smith Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 62
Rep Position: 225th / 77,801

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2002 1:46 pm
Posts: 1308
Location: Halifax
BOD are aware and a meeting held after one of the home games after said player requested it (Dewsbury game IIRC). This is not from someone who told someone... Believe me or not, I dont actually care.
Posted by faxcar on Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:05 pm
faxcar Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 176
Rep Position: 132nd / 77,801

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:26 pm
Posts: 3076
Inoffski1 wrote:
So you're saying give the role to people who are, according to yourself, running the training and are therefore by default, responsible already for the poor performances???

Also it’s been well publicised that RM doesn’t / won’t listen to any of these same people.

Whilst I’m very dissapointed / frustrated with the many of this seasons performances and the book stops with RM and some of his recruitment decisions have been poor when I’m being critical it’s not to the point where I contradict myself.
Posted by Inoffski1 on Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:11 pm
Inoffski1 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 23
Rep Position: 264th / 77,801

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:54 pm
Posts: 454
faxcar wrote:
Also it’s been well publicised that RM doesn’t / won’t listen to any of these same people.

Whilst I’m very dissapointed / frustrated with the many of this seasons performances and the book stops with RM and some of his recruitment decisions have been poor when I’m being critical it’s not to the point where I contradict myself.


It’s just another area the club is lacking in my opinion. Marshall being chief cook and bottle washer is a recipe for disaster. At the very least there should be a Football Manager/Director to help with player welfare - if a player has a problem who does he go speak to??
This - coupled with a complete lack of commercial activity from the board makes me extremely nervous. Sponsors have paid thousands to the club this season and have had next to no exposure from the club ang the club are not meeting there contractual obligations to said sponsors. Gone are the days of the board trying to build positive relationships with local businesses, which is commercial suicide for a club like Fax.
Posted by faxcar on Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:41 pm
faxcar Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 176
Rep Position: 132nd / 77,801

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:26 pm
Posts: 3076
Inoffski1 wrote:
It’s just another area the club is lacking in my opinion. Marshall being chief cook and bottle washer is a recipe for disaster. At the very least there should be a Football Manager/Director to help with player welfare - if a player has a problem who does he go speak to??
This - coupled with a complete lack of commercial activity from the board makes me extremely nervous. Sponsors have paid thousands to the club this season and have had next to no exposure from the club ang the club are not meeting there contractual obligations to said sponsors. Gone are the days of the board trying to build positive relationships with local businesses, which is commercial suicide for a club like Fax.

Very fair points. :thumb:
Posted by Greg Florimos Boots on Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:53 pm
Greg Florimos Boots User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 272
Rep Position: 82nd / 77,801

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:19 am
Posts: 8270
Also worrying is that having spent so much in pre-season and once again only a few months in to the season and Marshall's recruitment is brought in to question and the club is having to go begging to supporters to raise money to bring in a player that it seems the fans want more than the coach. Also worrying is that said player did want to leave the club but is now looking for a return. The last thing we need to be spending money on right now is a player who has hardly played for 3 seasons.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein


"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein


"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln
Posted by HXSparky on Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:20 pm
HXSparky User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 210
Rep Position: 111th / 77,801

Quiz Score: 96

Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:23 pm
Posts: 1934
We've won 5 games and lost 4. We're currently 7th but on the same points as 5th. The worrying statistic though is how many points we've conceded.

I think that our biggest loss has been Andy Holleyhead, with fitness for our part-timers being shown up in our defence this season. Lack of fitness also contributes to conceding penalties, which is also a big problem for us at the moment.

We're still at the races fighting for a top 5 spot, but we need to find a way to get our fitness levels up so we can defend effectively and stop giving away needless penalties.
Posted by faxcar on Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:21 pm
faxcar Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 176
Rep Position: 132nd / 77,801

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:26 pm
Posts: 3076
Greg Florimos Boots wrote:
Also worrying is that having spent so much in pre-season and once again only a few months in to the season and Marshall's recruitment is brought in to question and the club is having to go begging to supporters to raise money to bring in a player that it seems the fans want more than the coach. Also worrying is that said player did want to leave the club but is now looking for a return. The last thing we need to be spending money on right now is a player who has hardly played for 3 seasons.

https://www.halifaxrlfc.co.uk/article/5 ... from-wigan

Anyone local know anything about our new signing Oliver with him being an Halifax Lad?
Posted by the fax in asia on Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:01 am
the fax in asia User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 64
Rep Position: 223rd / 77,801

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:12 am
Posts: 336
Location: Qingdao China
Chris_ Smith
If what you are saying is correct, then the BoD have grounds to release him from his tenure without compensation. That surely is gross misconduct and a neglection of duty
Both serious offences in any other job and instant dismissal. Maybe then someone with passion would be introduced at no extra cost. I have been a supporter of Marshall previously, however there comes a time when decisions need to be made, Is this one of them?
My Humble Opinion Only - let the knockers begin.


Part quote from The Beggars Littany by John Taylor circa 16C

From Hell,Hull and Halifax may the Good Lord deliver us.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 56 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Halifax - FaxFans.co.uk


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,944,03375377,8014,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Sun 1st Sep 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
ROCHDALE
Sun 8th Sep 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
YORK
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






15