WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Player recruitment 2019

Board index Championship Halifax - FaxFans.co.uk Player recruitment 2019

Re: 2019 Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:09 am  

User avatarfreddies wig wrote:
freddies wig User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:37 pm
Posts: 2381
Location: surrey
A fans forum - where fans interact, share gossip and rumour and comment on latest news from their club. Certainly not a place for different factions to air their dirty washing, score points off each other and play “I know something you don’t know”.

Getting tired of it now to be fair
Oh hali hali hali hali halifax
Re: 2019 Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:14 am  

Beaujangles wrote:
Beaujangles Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:21 pm
Posts: 789
ok back on topic and won't be a popular view but i think we have taken the easy option and re-signed too many of last years squad.
Re: 2019 Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:41 am  

faxcar wrote:
faxcar Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:26 pm
Posts: 3337
Beaujangles wrote:
ok back on topic and won't be a popular view but i think we have taken the easy option and re-signed too many of last years squad.

That’s the truth of the matter with Tangata, Heaton out and Kavanagh, Robinson in nothing significant has changed so far.
Still hoping for that extra bit of class to be added but not with any real expectancy as time ticks by.
Re: 2019 Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:02 am  

User avatarHudd-Shay wrote:
Hudd-Shay User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:33 am
Posts: 3585
Location: Shuddersfield
Beaujangles wrote:
ok back on topic and won't be a popular view but i think we have taken the easy option and re-signed too many of last years squad.

I agree. All top teams invest/improve whilst on the up. The question is, do we want to be a top team or are we happy to be top four in the 2nd division for ever more?
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.
Re: 2019 Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:47 am  

Beaujangles wrote:
Beaujangles Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:21 pm
Posts: 789
Have you heard Bradford have put a bid in for the summer bash....:)
Re: Player recruitment 2019 Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:52 pm  

jeffvickers wrote:
jeffvickers Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:49 pm
Posts: 1418
Location: Halifax
We need a decent scrum-half and a centre before early bird season ticket offer ends, otherwise sales will be shocking. Time for LS28 to pull an ace from up their sleeve?
Re: 2019 Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:49 am  

Leon Ashton wrote:
Leon Ashton Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:32 am
Posts: 1461
Hudd-Shay wrote:
I agree. All top teams invest/improve whilst on the up. The question is, do we want to be a top team or are we happy to be top four in the 2nd division for ever more?


Where is the money coming from?
Re: 2019 Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:16 am  

User avatarHudd-Shay wrote:
Hudd-Shay User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:33 am
Posts: 3585
Location: Shuddersfield
Leon Ashton wrote:
Where is the money coming from?

To repeat myself Leon, we've had 3 out of 4 top four finishes..and the brass that goes with it. If we hadn't made the four in those season's would we have done a bulls and gone bust? If not and the club was ,as we believe and trust being run well, there should be a bit of money left to bring in a bit of quality to take the team into the next level. If not we plod along....
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.
Re: 2019 Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:38 am  

cowfax wrote:
cowfax Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:47 pm
Posts: 205
Hudd-Shay wrote:
To repeat myself Leon, we've had 3 out of 4 top four finishes..and the brass that goes with it. If we hadn't made the four in those season's would we have done a bulls and gone bust? If not and the club was ,as we believe and trust being run well, there should be a bit of money left to bring in a bit of quality to take the team into the next level. If not we plod along....


One of those seasons the players took a pay cut. Then at the end of the season the top four brass was used to reinstate the pay foregone.

And no doubt the money from the other two was used to keep the squad together. Too many clubs burn and bust.

Read Robert Crampton`s column in the Times Magazine this week. Ok, it`s football but summarises the life of a supporter of a club that that reaches the holy grail then falls again.( He supports Hull City in case you wondered)
Re: 2019 Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:18 pm  

User avatarHudd-Shay wrote:
Hudd-Shay User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:33 am
Posts: 3585
Location: Shuddersfield
cowfax wrote:
One of those seasons the players took a pay cut. Then at the end of the season the top four brass was used to reinstate the pay foregone.

And no doubt the money from the other two was used to keep the squad together. Too many clubs burn and bust.

Read Robert Crampton`s column in the Times Magazine this week. Ok, it`s football but summarises the life of a supporter of a club that that reaches the holy grail then falls again.( He supports Hull City in case you wondered)

I appreciate and agree with what you say but surely we're not unable to splash out, even a little bit. You've got to speculate to accumulate.
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: faxcar, Hudd-Shay and 60 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Halifax - FaxFans.co.uk


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,071,5571,17778,2214,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts