RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
23 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Benefits of having a reserve setup
Re: Benefits of having a reserve setup Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:58 pm  
Re: Benefits of having a reserve setup
Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:58 pm  

User avatarHudd-Shay wrote:
Hudd-Shay User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:33 am
Posts: 4076
Location: Shuddersfield
Member for 11 years
the fax in asia wrote:
Why would S L clubs want to invest time and money on reserves when they can just go out and offer£££ to the clubs lower down the food chain who have invested in youth teams but need the cash to survive.
It is about time the fat cats at Red Hall put the whole house in order and stopped certain clubs from running the game, maybe a whole new RL board, and all clubs getting a vote on how the game is run and monies distributed.
As many have said before the game over here is all but dead, and needs a proper revamp if it is to grab the attention of the paying public.
I do not have the answers but have some ideas,as do most RL fans as what to do, but that is for another thread.
However until a major coup happens I fear this is life as we know it Jim, according to Mr. Spock.

M H O O.

:CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP:
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.
Re: Benefits of having a reserve setup Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:58 pm  
Re: Benefits of having a reserve setup
Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:58 pm  

faxcar wrote:
faxcar Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:26 pm
Posts: 3670
Member for 12 years
the fax in asia wrote:
Why would S L clubs want to invest time and money on reserves when they can just go out and offer£££ to the clubs lower down the food chain who have invested in youth teams but need the cash to survive.
It is about time the fat cats at Red Hall put the whole house in order and stopped certain clubs from running the game, maybe a whole new RL board, and all clubs getting a vote on how the game is run and monies distributed.
As many have said before the game over here is all but dead, and needs a proper revamp if it is to grab the attention of the paying public.
I do not have the answers but have some ideas,as do most RL fans as what to do, but that is for another thread.
However until a major coup happens I fear this is life as we know it Jim, according to Mr. Spock.

M H O O.

Because the number of players that SL clubs have signed from clubs lower down, youth team or senior team who have actually made the grade can be counted on one hand, look through the current SL sides and name them.
Compare that to the number of players currently playing in SL who have come through their own junior sides who are good enough and the number rises significantly.
The real money being spent and wasted in our game by SL clubs to make up the numbers is on overseas players, some are good enough, some are just average are some are just plain cr#p.
The question I would be asking if I were running a SL club and the game is.
Surely instead of spending my money on these types of players it would be better to bring our own lads through, it's not like they haven't done it before.
Likewise with Red Hall it's simply just Super League and that's it at the moment.
However how you sell it to them and SL is that there seams almost an obsession to be able to compete with the clubs in Australia at national level and club level, well at national level we're not going to able to do it when the majority of SL clubs are bloated with over payed, over rated, over the hill Aussies and the like!!!
So we are back to the home grown talent route which would be much stronger across the board if the bulk of SL players were from Britain.
Re: Benefits of having a reserve setup Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:53 pm  
Re: Benefits of having a reserve setup
Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:53 pm  

User avatarHudd-Shay wrote:
Hudd-Shay User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:33 am
Posts: 4076
Location: Shuddersfield
Member for 11 years
faxcar wrote:
Because the number of players that SL clubs have signed from clubs lower down, youth team or senior team who have actually made the grade can be counted on one hand, look through the current SL sides and name them.
Compare that to the number of players currently playing in SL who have come through their own junior sides who are good enough and the number rises significantly.
The real money being spent and wasted in our game by SL clubs to make up the numbers is on overseas players, some are good enough, some are just average are some are just plain cr#p.
The question I would be asking if I were running a SL club and the game is.
Surely instead of spending my money on these types of players it would be better to bring our own lads through, it's not like they haven't done it before.
Likewise with Red Hall it's simply just Super League and that's it at the moment.
However how you sell it to them and SL is that there seams almost an obsession to be able to compete with the clubs in Australia at national level and club level, well at national level we're not going to able to do it when the majority of SL clubs are bloated with over payed, over rated, over the hill Aussies and the like!!!
So we are back to the home grown talent route which would be much stronger across the board if the bulk of SL players were from Britain.

:CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP:
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.
Re: Benefits of having a reserve setup Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:59 am  
Re: Benefits of having a reserve setup
Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:59 am  
the fax in asia User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:12 am
Posts: 388
Location: Qingdao China
Member for 8 years
Faxcari am not disagreeing with you , however how many SL clubs have junior/ reserve sides?
Look at the amature teams around Halifax and how many are poached to SL clubs with the promise of fame and fortune only to find it was all whitewash and they are disalusioned into leaving the game,
As you point out we will never compete international level until imports are restricted, however arguably 2 of Fax outstanding players are Aussies, could home grown talent compete with them ? Maybe if we were full time.
I am not aware of how much 'proper ' work imports do, as they are not supposed to have work permits other than playing for their club, to my understanding, that is not to say they do not work, but being a liaison officer is not as arduous as being a bricklayer, gardener or window cleaner
My Humble Opinion Only - let the knockers begin.


Part quote from The Beggars Littany by John Taylor circa 16C

From Hell,Hull and Halifax may the Good Lord deliver us.
Re: Benefits of having a reserve setup Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:07 am  
Re: Benefits of having a reserve setup
Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:07 am  

faxcar wrote:
faxcar Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:26 pm
Posts: 3670
Member for 12 years
the fax in asia wrote:
Faxcari am not disagreeing with you , however how many SL clubs have junior/ reserve sides?
Look at the amature teams around Halifax and how many are poached to SL clubs with the promise of fame and fortune only to find it was all whitewash and they are disalusioned into leaving the game,
As you point out we will never compete international level until imports are restricted, however arguably 2 of Fax outstanding players are Aussies, could home grown talent compete with them ? Maybe if we were full time.
I am not aware of how much 'proper ' work imports do, as they are not supposed to have work permits other than playing for their club, to my understanding, that is not to say they do not work, but being a liaison officer is not as arduous as being a bricklayer, gardener or window cleaner

We're just talking rugby on a forum mate and it makes a change to be able to exchange views on something other than picking MOM.
There's loads to be thought about and said on this topic.

SL clubs should benefit from having a reserve set up as they should be able to bring through enough talent into their first team ranks, this will rely on a number of things one of which is their junior / reserve players competing at a good level week in week out, not play a week miss 2 or 3 and play then again or be sent out on DR to any amount of other different clubs :CRAZY: :evil: and on the subject of the "stain of the game" that is DR if more SL clubs had reserve sides then there would be less need to farm out players to other clubs just to get a game.

The existing SL clubs who have reserve set ups should be putting pressure on the RFL and the other SL clubs to all comply so they get this level of competition.
To fund it instead of spending on overseas players spend some of it on home grown talent especially if you believe some of the amounts that are being banded about for these so called "marquee players".

There's an argument on the admin side as well as there's a lot involved in bringing people in from half way round the world and often a big gamble that could be avoided.

Even with Fax it will be less likely to see the likes of Mitch and Adam at the club if we start to produce our own.
I feel a chant coming on.
(He's one our own, very near his home, he's one of our own, not out on loan, he's not come far and he's not DR :lol: )

Although you can't prevent scouts moving in onto your patch and signing up young talent the more SL teams who have junior / reserve sides the less likely it will be that they want your lads as they will have more of their own, that must also be more beneficial to the likes of us!
Re: Benefits of having a reserve setup Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:14 am  
Re: Benefits of having a reserve setup
Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:14 am  

Pellon Boy wrote:
Pellon Boy Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:44 am
Posts: 475
Member for 7 years
faxcar wrote:
We're just talking rugby on a forum mate and it makes a change to be able to exchange views on something other than picking MOM.
There's loads to be thought about and said on this topic.

SL clubs should benefit from having a reserve set up as they should be able to bring through enough talent into their first team ranks, this will rely on a number of things one of which is their junior / reserve players competing at a good level week in week out, not play a week miss 2 or 3 and play then again or be sent out on DR to any amount of other different clubs :CRAZY: :evil: and on the subject of the "stain of the game" that is DR if more SL clubs had reserve sides then there would be less need to farm out players to other clubs just to get a game.

The existing SL clubs who have reserve set ups should be putting pressure on the RFL and the other SL clubs to all comply so they get this level of competition.
To fund it instead of spending on overseas players spend some of it on home grown talent especially if you believe some of the amounts that are being banded about for these so called "marquee players".

There's an argument on the admin side as well as there's a lot involved in bringing people in from half way round the world and often a big gamble that could be avoided.

Even with Fax it will be less likely to see the likes of Mitch and Adam at the club if we start to produce our own.
I feel a chant coming on.
(He's one our own, very near his home, he's one of our own, not out on loan, he's not come far and he's not DR :lol: )

Although you can't prevent scouts moving in onto your patch and signing up young talent the more SL teams who have junior / reserve sides the less likely it will be that they want your lads as they will have more of their own, that must also be more beneficial to the likes of us!


Great post and I love the chant :D :thumb:
Re: Benefits of having a reserve setup Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:46 pm  
Re: Benefits of having a reserve setup
Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:46 pm  

User avataratomic wrote:
atomic User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:07 pm
Posts: 6770
Member for 7 years
Back to the future.. Was it and is it?
Image
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Faxlore, Listenup94 and 120 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Halifax Panthers


RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
15s
Stats dont lie
vastman
2
2m
Salford away
Luppylad
206
7m
2022 Injuries & Suspensions
chapylad
296
18m
RD 17 Hull FC A
paddock
13
25m
Game - Song Titles 20212
chissitt
9889
31m
Leeds home
Dave K.
11
33m
Totally unacceptable
wakeytrin
33
35m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
25567
36m
Toulouse at home
Egg Chasing
38
37m
No disciplinary action for Trinity this week
Dunkirk Spir
1
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
12s
Crusaders vs Dons 26th June 2022 1430
Keith Lard's
9
12s
Players moving on
Rafa9
16
14s
Jy Hitchcox
Peter Goddar
1
24s
Salford game
Or thane
7
27s
The ONLY LUFC Football Thread
Trebor1
3894
32s
Totally unacceptable
wakeytrin
33
34s
Toby King CONFIRMED TO HUDDERSFIELD ON LOAN WARDLE IN RETUR
sally cinnam
92
40s
Leeds home
Dave K.
11
1m
Shopping List 2023
hull2524
682
1m
Huddersfield Dominant In Beating Hull KR
RLFANS News
1
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
Stats dont lie
vastman
2
TODAY
No disciplinary action for Trinity this week
Dunkirk Spir
1
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Salford Home
karetaker
2
TODAY
One more incoming
jason b
1
TODAY
Leeds home
Dave K.
11
TODAY
Max Jowitt
Manuel
12
TODAY
Jy Hitchcox
Peter Goddar
1
TODAY
TODAYS MATCHES Monday 27th of June 2022
Marvin
1
TODAY
RD 17 Hull FC A
paddock
13
TODAY
Magic weekend
Prince Buste
4
Random Topics selected.
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORD
19.33Million +22,150 ↓-4279,11234,030
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre

TABLES:
 TODAY
       Championship 2022-R16
19:45
Barrow
v
Halifax
 Sun 3rd Jul
       Championship 2022-R17
15:00
Dewsbury
v
Halifax
 Mon 11th Jul
       Championship 2022-R18
19:45
Halifax
v
York
 Sun 17th Jul
       Championship 2022-R19
15:00
Halifax
v
Workington
 Sun 24th Jul
       Championship 2022-R20
15:00
LondonB
v
Halifax
 Sat 30th Jul
       Championship 2022-R21
17:15
Bradford
v
Halifax
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Mon 27th Jun
CH RND: 16
19:45
Barrow-Halifax
Fri 1st Jul
SL RND: 17
20:00
Castleford-Huddersfield
Sat 2nd Jul
L1 RND: 13
13:00
Cornwall-Hunslet
SL RND: 17
18:00
Catalans-St.Helens
Fri 8th Jul
CH RND: 18
19:45
Newcastle-Bradford
Sat 9th Jul
L1 RND: 14
13:00
Cornwall-Doncaster
SL RND: 18
19:00
Leeds-Castleford
SL RND: 18
16:45
St.Helens-Wigan
SL RND: 18
14:30
Wakefield-Toulouse
Sun 10th Jul
SL RND: 18
15:15
Catalans-Warrington
SL RND: 18
13:00
Huddersfield-Salford
SL RND: 18
17:30
Hull KR-Hull FC
Mon 11th Jul
CH RND: 18
19:45
Halifax-York
Sun 17th Jul
L1 RND: 15
13:00
Keighley-Cornwall
Mon 18th Jul
CH RND: 19
19:45
York-Batley
Thu 21st Jul
SL RND: 20
20:00
Leeds-Wigan
Sun 24th Jul
CH RND: 20
15:00
Whitehaven-Leigh
Sat 30th Jul
CH RND: 21
12:45
LondonB-Sheffield
CH RND: 21
15:00
Batley-Dewsbury
CH RND: 21
17:15
Bradford-Halifax
Sun 26th Jun
CH RND: 16 Bradford48-6Dewsbury
CH RND: 16 Featherstone20-28Batley
CH RND: 16 Newcastle66-22Workington
CH RND: 16 Whitehaven16-40York
CH RND: 16 Widnes26-22LondonB
SOO RND: 2 New South Wales44-12Queensland
L1 RND: 12 Crusaders18-26Doncaster
L1 RND: 12 Keighley62-0Oldham
SL RND: 16 Castleford17-16Catalans
SL RND: 16 Hull KR10-38Huddersfield
SL RND: 16 Salford74-10Wakefield
Sat 25th Jun
L1 RND: 12 Hunslet24-32Rochdale
L1 RND: 12 LondonS4-24Swinton
L1 RND: 12 West Wales22-48Cornwall
MINT2022 RND: 1 NZ26-6Tonga
MINT2022 RND: 1 SAM42-12Cook I
MINT2022 RND: 1 PNG24-14Fiji
Fri 24th Jun
CH RND: 16 Sheffield4-58Leigh
SL RND: 16 Warrington4-0Hull FC
SL RND: 16 Wigan40-6Toulouse
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2022 ROUND : 17
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Leigh 16 638 136 502 30
Featherstone 16 624 228 396 27
York 16 426 284 142 26
Batley 15 432 249 183 23
Halifax 15 428 248 180 20
Barrow 15 365 306 59 19
 
Bradford 16 373 335 38 18
Sheffield 15 339 368 -29 14
Widnes 16 337 437 -100 12
Newcastle 16 354 455 -101 12
Whitehaven 16 242 550 -308 8
LondonB 16 252 450 -198 5
Dewsbury 16 211 552 -341 4
Workington 16 188 611 -423 2
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2022 ROUND : 13
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Keighley 11 493 90 403 22
Swinton 11 420 157 263 18
Crusaders 11 387 218 169 16
Rochdale 11 422 258 164 16
Doncaster 11 326 266 60 14
Hunslet 11 286 258 28 11
 
Oldham 11 312 276 36 7
Midlands 10 278 339 -61 6
LondonS 11 196 450 -254 6
Cornwall 11 186 500 -314 2
West Wales 11 110 604 -494 2
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVII ROUND : 17
 PLDFADIFFPTS
St.Helens 16 404 170 234 28
Wigan 16 434 301 133 24
Huddersfield 16 379 266 113 23
Catalans 16 356 219 137 22
Hull FC 16 310 289 21 16
Castleford 16 334 350 -16 16
 
Hull KR 16 281 336 -55 14
Salford 16 365 395 -30 12
Warrington 16 300 380 -80 12
Leeds 16 261 322 -61 11
Wakefield 16 257 440 -183 10
Toulouse 16 236 449 -213 4
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2022 ROUND : 15
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Penrith 15 456 219 237 26
Melbourne 14 494 224 270 24
NQL Cowboys 15 378 197 181 22
Cronulla 14 316 248 68 18
Brisbane 14 312 255 57 18
Parramatta 14 339 303 36 18
Sydney 15 319 290 29 14
Souths 14 322 301 21 14
 
Manly 15 320 324 -4 14
Canberra 15 270 309 -39 14
St.George 14 253 325 -72 14
Canterbury 15 230 337 -107 8
Newcastle 14 184 362 -178 8
NZ Warriors 15 248 433 -185 8
Gold Coast 15 234 380 -146 6
Wests 14 196 364 -168 6
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Womens Internationals 2022 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
ENGLAND 2 6 32 -26 4
FRANCE 1 10 36 -26 0
WALES 1 6 32 -26 0
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
15s
Stats dont lie
vastman
2
2m
Salford away
Luppylad
206
7m
2022 Injuries & Suspensions
chapylad
296
18m
RD 17 Hull FC A
paddock
13
25m
Game - Song Titles 20212
chissitt
9889
31m
Leeds home
Dave K.
11
33m
Totally unacceptable
wakeytrin
33
35m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
25567
36m
Toulouse at home
Egg Chasing
38
37m
No disciplinary action for Trinity this week
Dunkirk Spir
1
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
12s
Crusaders vs Dons 26th June 2022 1430
Keith Lard's
9
12s
Players moving on
Rafa9
16
14s
Jy Hitchcox
Peter Goddar
1
24s
Salford game
Or thane
7
27s
The ONLY LUFC Football Thread
Trebor1
3894
32s
Totally unacceptable
wakeytrin
33
34s
Toby King CONFIRMED TO HUDDERSFIELD ON LOAN WARDLE IN RETUR
sally cinnam
92
40s
Leeds home
Dave K.
11
1m
Shopping List 2023
hull2524
682
1m
Huddersfield Dominant In Beating Hull KR
RLFANS News
1
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
Stats dont lie
vastman
2
TODAY
No disciplinary action for Trinity this week
Dunkirk Spir
1
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Salford Home
karetaker
2
TODAY
One more incoming
jason b
1
TODAY
Leeds home
Dave K.
11
TODAY
Max Jowitt
Manuel
12
TODAY
Jy Hitchcox
Peter Goddar
1
TODAY
TODAYS MATCHES Monday 27th of June 2022
Marvin
1
TODAY
RD 17 Hull FC A
paddock
13
TODAY
Magic weekend
Prince Buste
4
Random Topics selected.


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!