Post Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:41 pm
Posted by faxtastic on Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:41 pm
faxtastic User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 31
Rep Position: 283rd / 77,904

Quiz Score: 0

i havent said anything about about halifax rlfc apart from in reaction to something said on here people calling f.c halifax town a pub team when we are not.

i love both clubs but football has always been my first sport and halifax town my first club i don't like it when people call f.c halifax town a pub team.
Post Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:00 pm
Posted by Der Kaiser 1 on Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:00 pm
Der Kaiser 1 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 19
Rep Position: 295th / 77,904

faxtastic wrote:
i havent said anything about about halifax rlfc apart from in reaction to something said on here people calling f.c halifax town a pub team when we are not.

i love both clubs but football has always been my first sport and halifax town my first club i don't like it when people call f.c halifax town a pub team.

1. If the Club was properly run then it would not be in a League which is as good as a Pub League and where crowds at most clubs are lucky to get over 500. And why people are saying that.

2. Most of the problems between the two clubs is usually started by one set-The Soccer lot who accuse the Rugby of all sorts of things and still like to think that they are completely in the right-and this in past times is not just a section of the soccer fans!

3. When a group who follow a club. spout libel and even threaten Rugby fans as has happened in the past do you expect Rugby fans just to pretend nothing happened. Add to that some of the antics of previous regimes at the Soccer club you cant expect people to respect too much the Club or the Fans that much.

It would be good if both sets of fans and the clubs could get on but its like the West Bank/Gaza strip where peace lasts for a short while and the two factions will never get on that well or see eye to eye.
Post Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:05 pm
Posted by chinaman on Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:05 pm
chinaman User avatar
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 310th / 77,904

sorry i started the thread. can it please be locked?? :? :oops: :x
Post Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:15 pm
Posted by Brew on Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:15 pm
Brew User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 85
Rep Position: 229th / 77,904

chinaman wrote:
sorry i started the thread. can it please be locked?? :? :oops: :x

Wasn't too bad until the thread about the accusations from the Football Fans post was merged into this thread from another.
Black Red Blue Green
Find me in the Twithouse @13rew
Post Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:27 pm
Posted by Hoddie on Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:27 pm
Hoddie Stevo's Armpit

Der Kaiser 1 wrote:
1. If the Club was properly run then it would not be in a League which is as good as a Pub League and where crowds at most clubs are lucky to get over 500. And why people are saying that.

Both Halifax Town and Halifax RLFC have been run like pub teams over the last decade or so, if not longer. The difference is Halifax RLFC bought their way out of trouble with the Thrum Hall windfall, whereas Halifax Town ended up liquidated.

Halifax RLFC could quite easily have ended up in a similar position.

It seems both clubs currently have decent people running them for a change, but both have pushed their luck more times than is sensible over the years.

2. Most of the problems between the two clubs is usually started by one set-The Soccer lot who accuse the Rugby of all sorts of things and still like to think that they are completely in the right-and this in past times is not just a section of the soccer fans!

The rugby club has trained on the Shay pitch several times when they knew they weren't permitted to do so. This has been acknowledged by your club officials - and many Town fans are bound to jump on news like this.

3. When a group who follow a club. spout libel and even threaten Rugby fans as has happened in the past do you expect Rugby fans just to pretend nothing happened. Add to that some of the antics of previous regimes at the Soccer club you cant expect people to respect too much the Club or the Fans that much.

Agreed, we've had some right dingbats in charge at the football club in the recent past. Going on to your libel claim, the trouble with rumours, whether about 'non payment' or not, is that they're normally right. The more outlandish and unlikely the more they seem to be spot on.

It would be good if both sets of fans and the clubs could get on

In an ideal world everyone would support both clubs. But some - like me - would rather play rugby than watch it (though my playing days are about 10 years and 8st ago) and vice versa. If RLFC looked like going to the wall I'd certainly put my hand in my pocket if that's what was required. Both clubs have helped put Halifax on the map and have too much history behind them to see it come to an end. While I'll never (or rarely) watch rugby at the Shay, I'd consider it a massive loss if they now left.
Post Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:30 pm
Posted by danny dyer 2000 on Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:30 pm
danny dyer 2000 User avatar

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 311th / 77,904

faxtastic wrote:

They are a pub team and always will be :roll:
Post Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:21 pm
Posted by faxtastic on Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:21 pm
faxtastic User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

houdini wrote:
They are a pub team and always will be :roll:

well your entitled to your opinion and i respect that i disagree but i respect it.

i probably wont talk about halifax town on this forum anymore unless provocked this being a rugby league board i will keep my thoughts to myself about football to myself unless as i say i am provocked.
Post Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:03 pm
Posted by griffax on Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:03 pm
griffax User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 45
Rep Position: 269th / 77,904

faxtastic wrote:
i probably wont talk about halifax town on this forum anymore unless provocked this being a rugby league board i will keep my thoughts to myself about football to myself unless as i say i am provocked.

:CLAP: :DANCE:

Please no one "provock" him :wink:
supporting Halifax through thick & thin!
Post Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:29 pm
Posted by faxtastic on Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:29 pm
faxtastic User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

griffax wrote:
:CLAP: :DANCE:

Please no one "provock" him :wink:
:lol: :lol: