WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Sheff 18-50 Fax
Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:55 pm  

User avatarWise Man wrote:
Wise Man User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:21 pm
Posts: 4376
Location: 'allifax
seanfax wrote:
lets hope we can do the same with the whitehaven ghost this year, :) :)

Don't get carried away :wink:
Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:57 pm  

User avatarlittlerich wrote:
littlerich User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2002 10:22 pm
Posts: 18789
Location: 'Fax fan in Stockport: The jewel in the ring of Manchester

seanfax wrote:
lets hope we can do the same with the whitehaven ghost this year, :) :)


Normally - this would draw in Haven4ever onto this board but i bet he'll be a bit slower responding after today :D
Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:49 pm  

User avatarheathen55 wrote:
heathen55 User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:16 pm
Posts: 643
Location: On the high ground
dazednconfused wrote:
I knew you'd bite at that one, I was only joking. Of course I get as frustrated as the next man, but let's enjoy the team for all it's skills and individuality. It's not perfect but it is good.

Just watching the Club Challenge and some of the Leeds plays are in the Fax style and they aren't always coming off but when they do they look good.


Do me a favour could you take this hook out of my mouth as I'm trying to drink a glass of red wine and it's going everywhere :D
Local government cutbacks = great unless you want your bins emptying or your vulnerable relative supporting
Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:03 am  

User avatarspanishbob wrote:
spanishbob User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:36 pm
Posts: 2714
Location: The right side of the pennines
Tony Fax wrote:
:lol: Jeez we don't half have some hypocrites on here. I've seen several posts where certain folk weren't gonna go after "last season's shower of an effort in Sheffield". Oh, but I've probably been "on the pop" eh?, littledik? :roll:



I dont blame people for not going, not because of last years result, just because of the poor ground that is Don Valley.

I went along, as I did last year, and enjoyed the game. But the players are too far away and because of the open nature of the ground there is absolutely no atmosphere.

I know that Sheffield have been there for a while now, but surely there must be a more suitable venue in the South Yorkshire area?

Good game though, defence was good, except for the hole we left for Sheffields 3rd Try (but that hole was there more often last year). I am looking forward to see the "other team" play on Wednesday.
Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:25 am  

Halifax RLFC wrote:
Halifax RLFC Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:34 pm
Posts: 874

lots more pics on the Club web site now. . . . see Gallery
Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:12 am  

User avatartim2 wrote:
tim2 User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 863
Location: North Derbyshire
spanishbob wrote:

I know that Sheffield have been there for a while now, but surely there must be a more suitable venue in the South Yorkshire area?


Sadly not. After all, even Rotherham United are playing there now. The two big soccer grounds are too big and expensive and the others don't meet standards.

A lot of Eagles fans stay away from this competition becuase the club are effectively using it as pre-season trial games. Last year they managed to let London Skolars put 50 on them at Don Valley so don't get carried away.
I want the finest wines available to humanity - I want them here and I want them now!
Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:40 am  

User avatarHaighy wrote:
Haighy User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2002 9:41 pm
Posts: 14464
spanishbob wrote:
I dont blame people for not going, not because of last years result, just because of the poor ground that is Don Valley.

I went along, as I did last year, and enjoyed the game. But the players are too far away and because of the open nature of the ground there is absolutely no atmosphere.


And also the OTT pricing. £14 for adults, which is fair enough, but £10 for concessions and £7 for juniors? Call me a short armed long pocketed Yorkshire student but that seems a little pricey for me. Especially for that ground.

In terms of what was on the pitch, very satisfying winning there, but still some little nags. Where is David Wrench? Yes, Cherryholme does try his heart out but he doesn't have the same class and experience as Wrench, we know Wilson can do the job, he just needs more match fitness.

Penky and Gleeson were just on a class on their own today, along with other partners in crime Watene and Said. The play got even faster when both Gleeson and Penky were on, because if one made a darting run out of acting-half, the other was reading the script and was right up with him.

Black had a fairly ordinary game, maybe it was the condensed pitch but he didn't impose himself as much as usual and was throwing out some awful passes in some instances. Our defence was sound in general, yes they did score 18 points but its on a pitch they love.
'Except the Lord keep the City'
Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:46 am  

User avatarseanfax wrote:
seanfax User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:37 pm
Posts: 2965
Location: halifax
anybody know who that nige is that text's the courier???,
he is off another planet, the goal kicking might cause us a prob, i know we force the ball a bit to much at times,but what he his saying is just a joke, look lost going forward






50 points fax but still look lost going forward and no goalkicker missing holroyd nige
Image
Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:50 am  

User avatarHaighy wrote:
Haighy User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2002 9:41 pm
Posts: 14464
seanfax wrote:
anybody know who that nige is that text's the courier???,
he is off another planet, the goal kicking might cause us a prob, i know we force the ball a bit to much at times,but what he his saying is just a joke, look lost going forward






50 points fax but still look lost going forward and no goalkicker missing holroyd nige


You think he might be taking the piddle?

If you take it seriously, Steve Bowyer, Paul Beeby and Michael Hunt had great games for Fax yesterday according to Radio Leeds text-in ;)
'Except the Lord keep the City'
Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:55 am  

User avatarseanfax wrote:
seanfax User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:37 pm
Posts: 2965
Location: halifax
Haighy wrote:
Steve Bowyer, Paul Beeby and Michael Hunt had great games for Fax yesterday according to Radio Leeds text-in ;)



dam i always miss them ,lol :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Fax Machine, Hudd-Shay and 31 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Halifax - FaxFans.co.uk


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,105,30989678,3624,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts




X