WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Bill for Shay East Stand work will rise to ¬£5million

Board index Championship Halifax - FaxFans.co.uk Bill for Shay East Stand work will rise to £5million

User avatarseanfax wrote:
seanfax User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

NEARLY £5 million will have been spent on the Shay stadium by the council when the work is completed in the autumn.

http://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/news/Bi ... 5021605.jp
Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:37 pm  

User avatarBrew wrote:
Brew User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

I know, I read the courier site about 2 hours ago :P

As long as it gets finished, I aren't overly bothered how much it costs, as long as it doesnt lead to Astronomical Rent prices for the club.
Black Red Blue Green
Find me in the Twithouse @13rew
Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:40 pm  

User avatarseanfax wrote:
seanfax User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Brew wrote:

what you want a blue peter badge, :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:48 pm  
original_faxfan User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Brew wrote:

As long as it gets finished, I aren't overly bothered how much it costs, as long as it doesnt lead to Astronomical Rent prices for the club.

Of couse it will impact the rent. There will be a business plan that repays the debt over a period of time. The more it costs the more the rent will be.

If you take a loan out over 3 years, you'd expect borrowing another couple of grand to cost you more over the same period.
Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:29 pm  

User avatarYob wrote:
Yob User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

What I don't understand is how the Council will have spent an additional £500,000 because:

The latest estimate is much higher because Calderdale Council has received £190,000 from the Football Foundation.

Surely they will have spent £190,000 less, or they have £190,000 extra to spend :THINK:
You've got to have a dream, if you don't have a dream, how ya gonna have a dream come true?

Are you claiming all you are entitled to? www.debtadvicenetwork.org then go to "Self Help" then "Benefits & Entitlements".
Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:35 pm  
Nat (Rugby_Aholic) User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Easy Yob, you will give the council's accountants a headache. That’s not fair when they have got their GCSEs tomorrow.
"Let only those who enter do so with pride and the determination to uphold the traditions of the club".

//www.FaxFans.co.uk
//www.halifaxrlfc.co.uk

Halifax Tag RL. Interested in playing? Visit //www.pitchero.com/clubs/halifaxcommunityrugbyleague/
Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:52 pm  

User avatarFax4Life wrote:
Fax4Life User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Yob wrote:
What I don't understand is how the Council will have spent an additional £500,000 because:

Surely they will have spent £190,000 less, or they have £190,000 extra to spend :THINK:

Hey thats the Courier journo not the Council - they have put it the wrong way round.
Journos, came past some in Leeds today asking for a hoot to support them in their fight to keep their jobs.
You must be joking, journos = writers of total garbage and tellers of none truths!
Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:31 pm  

User avatarYob wrote:
Yob User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Fax4Life wrote:
Hey thats the Courier journo not the Council - they have put it the wrong way round.
Journos, came past some in Leeds today asking for a hoot to support them in their fight to keep their jobs.
You must be joking, journos = writers of total garbage and tellers of none truths!

How is it the wrong way round?

Surely it's not cost £190,000 more because they've been given £500,000! :DOH:
You've got to have a dream, if you don't have a dream, how ya gonna have a dream come true?

Are you claiming all you are entitled to? www.debtadvicenetwork.org then go to "Self Help" then "Benefits & Entitlements".
Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:05 pm  
The Scratchin shed ghost User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

New lease was only agreed and signed a few months back - will be a good while before the council can increase the rent plus there will be many more new revenue streams
Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:56 pm  

User avatarFax4Life wrote:
Fax4Life User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Yob wrote:
How is it the wrong way round?

Surely it's not cost £190,000 more because they've been given £500,000! :DOH:

Like I said Journos - make a story read how they want to put it.
Its the COURIER saying £5 million so people believe it looks like you have - never believe all what you read especially in Newspapers like the Worrier.
I have no idea what its cost its nowt to do with me, all I know is that the figure of £4.5 million has been mentioned, the Football Foundation money is supposed to be £190,000 so the Courier add £190K to £4.5 million and come up with = sensational news story £5 million.

They must also work for RBS with those kind of sums! :lol:
Next