WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - another ex league player to coach union

Board index Championship Halifax - FaxFans.co.uk another ex league player to coach union

Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:58 am  

User avatarfreddies wig wrote:
freddies wig User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Brew wrote:
I don't thonk things have been on the slip too much since he retired, they are currently second in the Guiness Premier.

I didnt mean with sale the club Brew, i meant club rugby union in general. Seen how many players are being released/leaving to play abroad?????
Oh hali hali hali hali halifax
Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:35 pm  

User avatarBrew wrote:
Brew User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

freddies wig wrote:
I didnt mean with sale the club Brew, i meant club rugby union in general. Seen how many players are being released/leaving to play abroad?????

Its where the Money is though, There's big money contracts on offer in France, I think its a matter of time before one of the French RU Clubs tries to get a "Big Name" SL player. Gasnier and Sonny Bill have already gone fom the NRL.

I aint no expert, but English RU looks to be having some difficulties in parts, Bristol are expected to go bust aren't they? Yet at the same time, Leicester are carrying out massive redevlopment and expansion of their Welford Road ground.
Black Red Blue Green
Find me in the Twithouse @13rew
Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:56 pm  

Der Kaiser 1 wrote:
Der Kaiser 1 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Union is not as healthy as it portraits. Newcastle and Bristol are in real trouble. Saracens is now South Africa which has not pleased some of the fans. Wasps have lost 3 of their best players to French union.

The other thing is French Rugby Union is based on Millionaires throwing money away and then going off in a strop like the guy at Toulon who is blasting everybody including Money Bill Williams (Which I am really happy about and hope he is struggling!) Many French teams have few Union players from France and I feel its good for French Rugby League as French Rugby League has a quota and things are being better run than in the past.
Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:35 am  

Tortured Soul User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Brew wrote:
Leicester are carrying out massive redevlopment and expansion of their Welford Road ground.

Passed there on Weds. The new stand is massive and won't be long before it's completed. As there is no room for them to build around the ground, they've gone up.
RFL = FAIL
Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:37 am  

Tortured Soul User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Der Kaiser 1 wrote:
Saracens

Is that where Andy Farrell went? Did he ever play much for them, and where is he now?
RFL = FAIL
Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:40 am  

User avatarHaighy wrote:
Haighy User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Tortured Soul wrote:
Kerching!?

Maybe, he has made a very tidy sum from being the best 'Rugby' player of this generation and he isn't greedy by any stretch of the imagination.

Maybe he got offered a new challenge and was too good to turn down. He says in his autobiography he is always looking for the next challenge, hence why he went to Union in the first place.

Because of the structure of Union he isn't 'the boss' so to speak, thats still Phillippe Saint-Andre.
'Except the Lord keep the City'
Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:06 am  

marillion man User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

[quote="Tortured Soul"]Is that where Andy Farrell went? Did he ever play much for them, and where is he now?[/quote]

Viewing houses in the Wigan area for when he gets the coaching job :idea:
FAILURE ISN'T ABOUT FALLING DOWN, FAILURE IS STAYING DOWN..........
Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:20 pm  

bentleyman wrote:
bentleyman Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Tortured Soul wrote:
Is that where Andy Farrell went? Did he ever play much for them, and where is he now?

He is still in the Saracens Squad and fully fit quote
Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:29 pm  

Der Kaiser 1 wrote:
Der Kaiser 1 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

But he has missed a fair few games being injured-good business by Wigan as he is well past it! But Union are stupid to pay him so much. I believe he is moving in to coaching at Saracens a contact of mine said ( He used to coach him at Youth level).

Owen his son is also at Saracens and is sad a decent young player is lost to the kick and Slap brigade. He did well at all the League National Camps. Hopefully one day he will go back to League.
Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:43 pm  

User avatarEwwenorfolk wrote:
Ewwenorfolk User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

bentleyman wrote:
He is still in the Saracens Squad and fully fit quote

How old is he now?
PreviousNext