WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Siddal Cup Game
Siddal Cup Game
Post Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:31 pm
Posted by chinaman on Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:31 pm
chinaman User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 295th / 77,889

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:25 pm
Posts: 436
Location: totally lost
Whilst realising there is already a "Double Heade" topic I feel that it has wandered away from the original post. This post refers purely to the Siddal game.
http://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/local/V ... 5015150.jp
As a supporter of both teams I think the rugby league fans of Calderdale will miss out on an opportunity to have a great day out if the Fax are unwilling to accomodate the potentially more interesting Siddal game as a double header.
The half baked idea of a £20 ticket to go watch Halifax hammer a bunch of students and play Blackpool in a night match seems to have scuppered any chance of an agreement between the two clubs.
Just hope that it can be resolved.
I get the impression that the powers that be at Fax are not that interested in working with our top local amateur team. Hope I m proved wrong.
The Shay ......Community Stadium?? :?
Re: Siddal Cup Game
Post Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:11 pm
Posted by Malfax on Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:11 pm
Malfax User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 11
Rep Position: 288th / 77,889

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2003 1:01 pm
Posts: 1298
Location: http://www.malpowellauthor.com
chinaman wrote:
Whilst realising there is already a "Double Heade" topic I feel that it has wandered away from the original post. This post refers purely to the Siddal game.
http://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/local/V ... 5015150.jp
As a supporter of both teams I think the rugby league fans of Calderdale will miss out on an opportunity to have a great day out if the Fax are unwilling to accomodate the potentially more interesting Siddal game as a double header.
The half baked idea of a £20 ticket to go watch Halifax hammer a bunch of students and play Blackpool in a night match seems to have scuppered any chance of an agreement between the two clubs.
Just hope that it can be resolved.
I get the impression that the powers that be at Fax are not that interested in working with our top local amateur team. Hope I m proved wrong.
The Shay ......Community Stadium?? :?


Nothing to do with Halifax RLFC, it's up to the Stadium Manegement if Siddal play.
//www.malpowellauthor.com
Author of Science Fiction Novels
The Lords of Heaven, The Lord Keepers,
The Lords of Empire, and the Outcasts
Post Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:45 pm
Posted by Malfax on Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:45 pm
Malfax User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 11
Rep Position: 288th / 77,889

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2003 1:01 pm
Posts: 1298
Location: http://www.malpowellauthor.com
The Chief Excec at Halifax RLFC is doing his best to get this double header working.
//www.malpowellauthor.com
Author of Science Fiction Novels
The Lords of Heaven, The Lord Keepers,
The Lords of Empire, and the Outcasts
Post Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:19 pm
Posted by chinaman on Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:19 pm
chinaman User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 295th / 77,889

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:25 pm
Posts: 436
Location: totally lost
Cheers Mal.
If it were up to the Stadium management all I could say is

"I hate you Butler" :)
Post Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:48 pm
Posted by Fax4Life on Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:48 pm
Fax4Life User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 26
Rep Position: 273rd / 77,889

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:08 pm
Posts: 5865
Location: Halifax, Yorkshire,England
chinaman wrote:
Cheers Mal.
If it were up to the Stadium management all I could say is

"I hate you Butler" :)


Hey thats my line isn't it?:lol:
Post Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:03 pm
Posted by Haighy on Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:03 pm
Haighy User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 33
Rep Position: 266th / 77,889

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2002 9:41 pm
Posts: 14464
One of the main arguments about the double header is that it could ruin the pitch. Did anyone see the state of the pitch on Sunday? Awful to say the least, and we haven't played on it for a while.
'Except the Lord keep the City'
Post Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:04 pm
Posted by seanfax on Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:04 pm
seanfax User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 17
Rep Position: 282nd / 77,889

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:37 pm
Posts: 2965
Location: halifax
Haighy wrote:
One of the main arguments about the double header is that it could ruin the pitch. Did anyone see the state of the pitch on Sunday? Awful to say the least, and we haven't played on it for a while.




your not saying the football as done it r u,??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image
Post Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:20 pm
Posted by Brew on Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:20 pm
Brew User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 85
Rep Position: 214th / 77,889

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2002 4:45 pm
Posts: 25770

Not too bothered what it does to the pitch, we don't have a game for nearly 2 weeks after it. Plenty of time for it to recover.

Considering the state of some of the pitches the football team play on in the league they're in (Cougar park for example) they can't claim it'll be a disadvantage to them.

Speaking of Football carving up pitches, Look at the state of the JJB Pitch during the Wigan vs Cas game, as far as I know its the first game of Rugby Played on that pitch since before the SL Playoffs last september.
Black Red Blue Green
Find me in the Twithouse @13rew
Post Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:20 pm
Posted by griffax on Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:20 pm
griffax User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 45
Rep Position: 254th / 77,889

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2004 5:46 pm
Posts: 3887
Location: Halifax

Haighy wrote:
One of the main arguments about the double header is that it could ruin the pitch. Did anyone see the state of the pitch on Sunday? Awful to say the least, and we haven't played on it for a while.


It had cut up a little Haighy, but I wouldnt call it awful. Certainly wasnt a mud heap or rutted or even like Hunslets,it is just a flat surface
supporting Halifax through thick & thin!
Post Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:21 pm
Posted by Fax4Life on Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:21 pm
Fax4Life User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 26
Rep Position: 273rd / 77,889

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:08 pm
Posts: 5865
Location: Halifax, Yorkshire,England
Haighy wrote:
One of the main arguments about the double header is that it could ruin the pitch. Did anyone see the state of the pitch on Sunday? Awful to say the least, and we haven't played on it for a while.


Got to say the pitch would be a concern with back to back games, but saying that aren't Whitehaven hosting both local amateur clubs games on the same weekend?
I suppose its harder for us as the Shay is shared with FC Halifax Town and we don't run things its up to the Council.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Beaujangles, bentleyman, Fanfaxtic, hooligan27, Officeboy, The Dors and 133 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Halifax - FaxFans.co.uk


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,977,7661,95777,8894,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Sat 30th May 17:15
 CH
HALIFAX
v
YORK
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





15