Mar 12 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
2nd Jul 12 18:462nd Jul 12 18:28LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Coventry previously South Wales and Plymouth
Signature
Iolo wrote. You must be confusing me with jannerboyuk, [...] he is also crucrusaders and I strongly suspect he is traffic as well.

Iolo. My mum is dead actually

Thanks for that

Scooter Nik. Yeah right. Of course she is, probably turned up her toes in disgust at having spawned a prat like you

Alfie the Crusader : Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:36 pm  
right simple thinking the guy needs to learn the game. the crusaders need to keep up their assistance to SW RL to patch over last years fiasco. i predict we'll see Alfie in a scorps shirt on loan before Easter
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1130No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 03 200717 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
14th Sep 10 14:5514th Sep 10 11:23LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Allez Les Catalans!
Johnny Rotten wrote:
Ever get the feeling you've been cheated

John_D wrote:
Bobbie Goulding, can you hear me? Your British lads (Barrett, Richards, Vaealiki, Leuluai etc etc etc) took one hell of a beating.

eurob0y replying to Chris Dalton wrote:
Well ok, so if we apply your logic, this means that you can never ever give your opinion of who you think is a good rugby league player, because you support widnes and therefore wouldnt know a good rugby league player if he smacked you in the face with a 3 eyed fish

Re: Alfie the Crusader : Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:20 pm  
Apparently he'll start training with the crusaders immediately if he hasn't started already, Can't see him playing at St Helens on the 12th, what chance of him signing dual registration forms & making an appearance off the bench at the Keepmoat on the 14th?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach659No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 02 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 11 17:4717th Apr 11 18:06LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
[color=#FF4000]Gone![/color]

Re: Alfie the Crusader : Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:26 pm  
Would rather we trained OUR players than THEIR players to be honest.

Good luck to Alfie though. Great player and on the one occasion I met him, seems a great bloke too.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach752No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 12 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
2nd Jul 12 18:462nd Jul 12 18:28LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Coventry previously South Wales and Plymouth
Signature
Iolo wrote. You must be confusing me with jannerboyuk, [...] he is also crucrusaders and I strongly suspect he is traffic as well.

Iolo. My mum is dead actually

Thanks for that

Scooter Nik. Yeah right. Of course she is, probably turned up her toes in disgust at having spawned a prat like you

Re: Alfie the Crusader : Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:45 pm  
but their players as you put it this one especially will bring exta through the turnstiles meaning more money to train our players. wider aspect cider visor required grendel
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach659No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 02 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 11 17:4717th Apr 11 18:06LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
[color=#FF4000]Gone![/color]

Re: Alfie the Crusader : Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:04 am  
chubbs1981 wrote:
but their players as you put it

Well they are not OUR players are they?
chubbs1981 wrote:
this one especially will bring exta through the turnstiles meaning more money to train our players.

Really? Think that might be a bit optimistic. Down here we have all seen Alfie play at the top level. Up in Wrexham he will be playing for a superleague team and undoubtedly WILL bring in extra curious spectators, at least for a while. Down here he might play a game or two max for what a lot of non-league people consider a tinpot low league team. An extra handful of curious fans maybe. They could all come in the same car!
chubbs1981 wrote:
wider aspect cider visor required grendel

Perhaps your own cider visor needs a better zoom focus so it can see further.

It is a fallacy to think that our "link" with the Wrexham Crusaders is set up to benefit anyone but them (EG the SHORT loan of James, Blackwood and Flower). Seems it would be great in the short term to see these fine players. But when they go back to the wastelands in a few weeks, we need to blood 3 players who were shunted aside for them.

I have no interest in supporting a club constantly interfered with by the team that deserted me and I see nothing but harm in a stream of leftovers being dropped on the Gnoll then snaffled back when the WC feel peckish.

We are the SOUTH WALES SCORPIONS not Wrexham Crusaders Lite and must be the authors of our own destiny.

A LONG TERM loan of younger Crusaders players is fine, especially given that they are beiong loaned to the area most of them are FROM. But using us to rehabilitate or exercise THEIR spares and injured short term will not help us. We need a team used to playing with each other and FOR each other who know how each other plays.

It is in fact because we are ALREADY getting tinkered with, by the WC that I did not bother going to the Workington game.

Phil, Mark et al are doing a great job (which makes it all the more difficult) but I can feel no real affinity whilst we chop and change at the whim of WC.

It doesn't help either that CERTAIN supporters (not on about you chubbs, but you do know those I AM on about) go all Rita Heywood when I express my views about distancing ourselves from the Wrexham Crusaders. I like other clubs than the SWS and if anyone from SWS had a go at them I wouldn't care. Yet apparently the WC must be spoken of only in glittering terms and a positive light at all times unless I want to be subjected to libel and abuse from Turner's special little elves. Really can't be arssed sharing a terrace with those types.

So I'm gonna leave it a while. In a short while things will settle down. The WC will lose interest in us and the "dual" fans will find themselves overstretched and ditch either THEM or US and the edict, from Turner's special little elves, to show deference to the team that deserted us will be gone. THEN SWS can get on with being a team i can support.
RankPostsTeam
International Star2No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 02 201014 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
7th Mar 10 23:127th Mar 10 22:24LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Alfie the Crusader : Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:24 pm  
One of the reasons James, Blackwood and Flower were playing for the Scorpions the against Workington were to gain credibility for the link between the 2 clubs as early as posible to appease some peoples views of the move north. It will be interesting to see as the season progresses if the Scorpions manage to continue to get the services of Crusaders players, simarlarly if any Scorpions players get a shirt up north. I think it would be better to forget about the 'feeder' club idea and just get on with whats important for RL in Wales, and thats developing Welsh players, something the Crusaders are yet to do I think. Im not so sure anyone is falling for it anyway!