WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - no free meals for the poorest kids ?

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Sin Bin no free meals for the poorest kids ?

Off-topic discussion.
Re: no free meals for the poorest kids ? Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:27 pm  

User avatarHopie wrote:
Hopie User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 2:20 pm
Posts: 5181
Location: Aberdeen
In the short term, those who are profiting from Covid should be taxed appropriately to help pay for those left earning less than they need to survive.

The poorest people in the UK pay a greater proportion of their income in tax than the richest, that should change in the long term to make contributions to wider society fair.
“You are playing a game of football this afternoon but more than that you are playing for England, and more even than that, you are playing for right versus wrong. You will win because you have to win. Don’t forget that message from home. England expects every one of you to do his duty.”
Re: no free meals for the poorest kids ? Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:58 am  

User avatarSal Paradise wrote:
Sal Paradise User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 8:28 am
Posts: 17985
Location: On the road
Hopie wrote:
In the short term, those who are profiting from Covid should be taxed appropriately to help pay for those left earning less than they need to survive.

The poorest people in the UK pay a greater proportion of their income in tax than the richest, that should change in the long term to make contributions to wider society fair.



The poorest people in this country don't even pay income tax - the richest pay a much bigger chunk of the income in tax than the average worker - most wont even pay 20% because of personal allowances if you earn £200k you would pay 45% in income tax.

Who would you say is profiting from Covid - drug companies, supermarkets suppliers of PPE?
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.
Re: no free meals for the poorest kids ? Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:53 am  
King Street Cat User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:49 am
Posts: 4376
Location: WF4
Sal Paradise wrote:
Who would you say is profiting from Covid - drug companies, supermarkets suppliers of PPE?


Here's a good place to start.

https://goodlawproject.org/
"Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him."
Re: no free meals for the poorest kids ? Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:31 pm  

User avatarSal Paradise wrote:
Sal Paradise User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 8:28 am
Posts: 17985
Location: On the road
King Street Cat wrote:
Here's a good place to start.

https://goodlawproject.org/


Very good article
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.
Re: no free meals for the poorest kids ? Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:02 am  
WestEndThinker Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:38 am
Posts: 328
Sal Paradise wrote:
Very good article

Yup, for agenda driven hate filled bile it is at least fairly well written.

You only need to read the statement from the founder to know that there are few facts and only opinion, no mention of what else could have been done, just criticism with the benefit of hindsight.
Re: no free meals for the poorest kids ? Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:20 pm  

User avatarHopie wrote:
Hopie User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 2:20 pm
Posts: 5181
Location: Aberdeen
Sal Paradise wrote:
The poorest people in this country don't even pay income tax - the richest pay a much bigger chunk of the income in tax than the average worker - most wont even pay 20% because of personal allowances if you earn £200k you would pay 45% in income tax.

Who would you say is profiting from Covid - drug companies, supermarkets suppliers of PPE?


I said tax, not income tax.

All tax should be progressive, not just income tax.

Certain business have had to close due to Covid, those that did not close and made more profit are those that should pay more tax if the system works. I am not confident it does work.

It would also help if we had a government that wasn't incompetent and was spending the UK's money on something to help get through the crisis quicker, not unusable equipment or jobs for their spouses.
“You are playing a game of football this afternoon but more than that you are playing for England, and more even than that, you are playing for right versus wrong. You will win because you have to win. Don’t forget that message from home. England expects every one of you to do his duty.”
Re: no free meals for the poorest kids ? Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:45 pm  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 15247
Sal Paradise wrote:
The poorest people in this country don't even pay income tax - the richest pay a much bigger chunk of the income in tax than the average worker - most wont even pay 20% because of personal allowances if you earn £200k you would pay 45% in income tax.

Who would you say is profiting from Covid - drug companies, supermarkets suppliers of PPE?


He didn't say "income tax", he said, pay "more of their income in tax"
Re: no free meals for the poorest kids ? Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:31 am  
WestEndThinker Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:38 am
Posts: 328
wrencat1873 wrote:
He didn't say "income tax", he said, pay "more of their income in tax"

he also clearly doesn't understand how Corporation Tax etc. works.
Re: no free meals for the poorest kids ? Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:22 am  

WIZEB wrote:
WIZEB Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:31 pm
Posts: 11585
Location: The Hamptons of East Yorkshire
Looks like poor kids parents are gonna be getting more dope & booze money.
Backtracking Bozo slots another one into his own net.
Re: no free meals for the poorest kids ? Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:27 pm  

Jack Burton wrote:
Jack Burton Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:26 am
Posts: 532
wrencat1873 wrote:
I wouldn't but, that's not the point.
Despite Chinas short comings and they have plenty, they ARE a economically successful nation.


For now. The USSR and Soviet union also enjoyed decades of economic growth. So we'll see if China can learn from the Soviet's mistakes.
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jukesays, King Street Cat, Zoo Zoo Boom and 68 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to The Sin Bin


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,116,8291,17378,4234,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts




X