WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Missing blonde gentleman

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Sin Bin Missing blonde gentleman

Off-topic discussion.
Re: Missing blonde gentleman Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:38 am  

ColD wrote:
ColD Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2002 10:23 am
Posts: 6714
Location: Just Behind Parksides Club
wrencat1873 wrote:
Meanwhile, with schools due to reopen in 2 weeks and a crisis with exam results, he goes into hiding :oops:


Schools are open from today in certain areas of the UK
Onwards and upwards - LTID
Re: Missing blonde gentleman Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:31 am  
King Street Cat User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:49 am
Posts: 4376
Location: WF4
Rumours the clown will be resigning in 2021. It has come from Cummings' father, however. Probably one of Dom's dead cats for people to talk about while he trashes another government department.
"Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him."
Re: Missing blonde gentleman Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:55 am  

WIZEB wrote:
WIZEB Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:31 pm
Posts: 11585
Location: The Hamptons of East Yorkshire
King Street Cat wrote:
Rumours the clown will be resigning in 2021. It has come from Cummings' father, however. Probably one of Dom's dead cats for people to talk about while he trashes another government department.


Wouldn't make much difference.
The knacker is about as visible as Lord Lucan.
Re: Missing blonde gentleman Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:54 pm  

User avatarWillzay wrote:
Willzay User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:58 pm
Posts: 10338
Seems to have popped up now because of a couple of outdated songs?
Profit over Lives - The Tory way
Re: Missing blonde gentleman Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:02 pm  
Scarlet Pimpernell Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:43 pm
Posts: 2195
Within minutes his first few words are a lie with no basis in fact. He stated that the vast majority of the country was returning to work, when asked what evidence they had none was forthcoming. This government gets more like a Trump surrogate, they lie, avoid scrutiny and place their friends in places of power even if they are completely unsuitable for the post.
Re: Missing blonde gentleman Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:44 pm  
King Street Cat User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:49 am
Posts: 4376
Location: WF4
Scarlet Pimpernell wrote:
Within minutes his first few words are a lie with no basis in fact. He stated that the vast majority of the country was returning to work, when asked what evidence they had none was forthcoming. This government gets more like a Trump surrogate, they lie, avoid scrutiny and place their friends in places of power even if they are completely unsuitable for the post.


The man is a total idiot. His own government's measures for social distancing already prevent a mass return to work. We usually have 9 in our office. The social distancing measures in place only allow 3 at any one time. We've all been advised to keep working from home.

I'm afraid the service industry game is up. Why spend excess time and money going to somewhere you don't need to be when you can just log in from home and be just as efficient? The economy will need to adapt to this shift in working. Industries come and go. Overpriced city centre sandwich shops and office lets are not exempt. Nobody gave a toss about the demise of heavy industry. Why should we give a toss about Pret a Manger?

Have you noticed the people championing a return to the office? They all fall into the category of preaching the values of office work from villas in Marbella or superyachts in Sardinia. Screw 'em!
"Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him."
Re: Missing blonde gentleman Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:12 am  

User avatarMild Rover wrote:
Mild Rover User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:49 am
Posts: 11804
Location: Leicestershire.
King Street Cat wrote:
The man is a total idiot. His own government's measures for social distancing already prevent a mass return to work. We usually have 9 in our office. The social distancing measures in place only allow 3 at any one time. We've all been advised to keep working from home.

I'm afraid the service industry game is up. Why spend excess time and money going to somewhere you don't need to be when you can just log in from home and be just as efficient? The economy will need to adapt to this shift in working. Industries come and go. Overpriced city centre sandwich shops and office lets are not exempt. Nobody gave a toss about the demise of heavy industry. Why should we give a toss about Pret a Manger?

Have you noticed the people championing a return to the office? They all fall into the category of preaching the values of office work from villas in Marbella or superyachts in Sardinia. Screw 'em!


I started working from home in 2017 and I’m fortunate enough to have a home office. I do feel for the younger ones working on dining room tables in shared flats - understandably, at lot of them are a bit keener to be back in the office.

If the commute does disappear for a lot of people, it’ll be interesting to see if core hours creep up in those industries.
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.
Re: Missing blonde gentleman Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:35 pm  

User avatarPumpetypump wrote:
Pumpetypump User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2002 12:55 pm
Posts: 7460
Location: LS9

I was listening to the former owner of Pret on Radio 4 saying that Civil Servants should be sent back to the office because Government need to be at the forefront of supporting town centres. I'm all for showing willing etc, but I work in a huge Civil Service building in a major city centre, and at great expense they completely renovated it to exclusively operate as a hotdesking environment. It enabled them to fit more people in and rationalise the estate. However, with Covid no one has a clue how to turn it into a safe environment for staff to return. I haven't been in the place since March and I see no route to me going back in the medium term.
Re: Missing blonde gentleman Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:55 pm  

WIZEB wrote:
WIZEB Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:31 pm
Posts: 11585
Location: The Hamptons of East Yorkshire
No10 staff desperately searching the Downing Street freezers for their boss-man.
The nation is awaiting for him to tell us how is going to single-handedly and heroically save Xmas. :lol:
Re: Missing blonde gentleman Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:43 pm  

User avatarSal Paradise wrote:
Sal Paradise User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 8:28 am
Posts: 17985
Location: On the road
This is embarrassing - its a joke
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jukesays, King Street Cat, Zoo Zoo Boom and 66 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to The Sin Bin


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,116,8281,17378,4234,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts




X