WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - face coverings in public spaces ?

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Sin Bin face coverings in public spaces ?

Off-topic discussion.
face coverings in public spaces ? Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:42 am  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 14308
What the hell are the Government doing with this issue ?

It's either helpful for people to cover their faces, to help prevent the spread of Covid or it's not.
The "we trust the public" line is just crazy.

This needs to be an absolute instruction or not

It would appear that there is conflicting evidence so the government plan is "do what you want" :CRAZY:
Re: face coverings in public spaces ? Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:33 am  
King Street Cat User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:49 am
Posts: 4286
Location: WF4
wrencat1873 wrote:
the government plan is "do what you want"


That's exactly the plan. The onus is on us. It always has been.

There has been so much conflicting evidence, though. Face coverings don't offer any protection. Wear a face covering if you want to. Don't wear a face covering. No need to wear a face covering. Face coverings are effective. Maybe wear a face covering while out shopping. Wear a face covering on public transport. Face coverings could become mandatory. Face coverings won't become mandatory. Face coverings should be left to the common sense of the individual. Face coverings could be made mandatory if people don’t wear them out of choice.
"Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him."
Re: face coverings in public spaces ? Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:00 am  
Scarlet Pimpernell Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:43 pm
Posts: 2009
It’s like stay at home don’t go on public transport, now the economy (sandwich shops) needs people to go to work and use public transport. With the litany of errors right from the start you would hope by now they will have got their act together. I am of course not surprised with Johnson and this cabinet that it lurches from one disaster to another.
I can’t wait until they start Brexit because those that expect a streamlined operation are in for a shock.
Re: face coverings in public spaces ? Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:41 am  

User avatarPumpetypump wrote:
Pumpetypump User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2002 12:55 pm
Posts: 7319
Location: LS9

The problem with selling face coverings to the masses is that it's an altruistic action not a self-preservation one. You wear one to stop yourself passing it on, rather than to prevent you catching it.
Re: face coverings in public spaces ? Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:28 pm  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 14308
Pumpetypump wrote:
The problem with selling face coverings to the masses is that it's an altruistic action not a self-preservation one. You wear one to stop yourself passing it on, rather than to prevent you catching it.


Maybe so but, but if people wearing them, helped everyone else avoid catching the virus it should be a no brainer and government should lead on this.
IF the evidence is there to show that wearing face coverings helps stop the spread, they should bloody well act and get off the fence.
Right now, they are just dithering and delaying, instead of leading.
We probably shouldn't be surprised but, yet again, it's amateur time in Downing Street.
Re: face coverings in public spaces ? Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:46 pm  

User avatarPumpetypump wrote:
Pumpetypump User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2002 12:55 pm
Posts: 7319
Location: LS9

wrencat1873 wrote:
Maybe so but, but if people wearing them, helped everyone else avoid catching the virus it should be a no brainer and government should lead on this.
IF the evidence is there to show that wearing face coverings helps stop the spread, they should bloody well act and get off the fence.
Right now, they are just dithering and delaying, instead of leading.
We probably shouldn't be surprised but, yet again, it's amateur time in Downing Street.


I largely agree. I suppose my point is that no matter how misty-eyed we get about just how wonderful we've all been during lockdown, the fact of the matter is we absolutely cannot be trusted to exercise discretion. We might do the right thing out of self-interest but probably not feel the same about protecting everyone else. I'm not a fan of the nanny-state by any means but Bournemouth, Soho and so many other things suggests that Britain needs to be told to do the right thing not asked. So I agree society is utterly incapable of being sensible without government diktat in my opinion.
Re: face coverings in public spaces ? Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:29 am  

ColD wrote:
ColD Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2002 10:23 am
Posts: 6659
Location: Just Behind Parksides Club
wrencat1873 wrote:
Maybe so but, but if people wearing them, helped everyone else avoid catching the virus it should be a no brainer and government should lead on this.
IF the evidence is there to show that wearing face coverings helps stop the spread, they should bloody well act and get off the fence.
Right now, they are just dithering and delaying, instead of leading.
We probably shouldn't be surprised but, yet again, it's amateur time in Downing Street.


Y’all happy now - message now loud and clear, in a week and a halfs time :thumb:
Onwards and upwards - LTID
Re: face coverings in public spaces ? Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:51 am  
King Street Cat User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:49 am
Posts: 4286
Location: WF4
Up to £100 fines enforced by the police. Let's see who the rules really apply to...
"Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him."
Re: face coverings in public spaces ? Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:28 am  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 14308
ColD wrote:
Y’all happy now - message now loud and clear, in a week and a halfs time :thumb:


Not till 24th July, which gives this lot plenty of time to change their mind.

The issue here is that IF face coverings are beneficial, then make the ruling. If not, then leave it to peoples own choice.
It really is that simple or, at least it should be. :oops:
Re: face coverings in public spaces ? Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:33 am  

ColD wrote:
ColD Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2002 10:23 am
Posts: 6659
Location: Just Behind Parksides Club
wrencat1873 wrote:
Not till 24th July, which gives this lot plenty of time to change their mind.

The issue here is that IF face coverings are beneficial, then make the ruling. If not, then leave it to peoples own choice.
It really is that simple or, at least it should be. :oops:


They have made the ruling haven’t they :?
Onwards and upwards - LTID
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: The Devil's Advocate, wrencat1873 and 59 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to The Sin Bin


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,070,7451,10378,2134,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts