u RLFANS.COM - Millionaire N London Barrister leads Labour WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Millionaire N London Barrister leads Labour

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Sin Bin Millionaire N London Barrister leads Labour

Off-topic discussion.
Posted by wire-quin on Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:48 pm
wire-quin User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 352
Rep Position: 75th / 78,080

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:38 pm
Posts: 6447
Location: Looking for a coach that can coach
How is he going to win back the lost northern Labour support?
Mac out!
Posted by sally cinnamon on Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:18 pm
sally cinnamon User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 411
Rep Position: 62nd / 78,080

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:26 am
Posts: 15431
In the north, being a heterosexual white male who has had a successful career before politics isn't seen as the crime that it might be to some media types.
Challenge Cup winners 2009 2010 2012 2019
League Leaders 2011 2016
Posted by King Street Cat on Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:18 pm
King Street Cat User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 242
Rep Position: 116th / 78,080

Quiz Score: 268

Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:49 am
Posts: 4067
Location: WF4
I've got to ask what these new blue, Northern, Labour supporters saw in millionaire, old Etonian, bon vivant, Boris Johnson, or millionaire, old Etonian, investment manager, Jacob Rees-Mogg. You can paint Starmer as an establishment figure all you want, but Johnson and JRM are the establishment's establishment!
"Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him."
Posted by IR80 on Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:31 pm
IR80 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 218
Rep Position: 125th / 78,080

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:59 am
Posts: 1735
King Street Cat wrote:
I've got to ask what these new blue, Northern, Labour supporters saw in millionaire, old Etonian, bon vivant, Boris Johnson, or millionaire, old Etonian, investment manager, Jacob Rees-Mogg. You can paint Starmer as an establishment figure all you want, but Johnson and JRM are the establishment's establishment!

You mean SIR Starmer.... surely?

QC, DPP,CPS, Hooman Rights lawyer.

Seems a pretty decent and sensible bloke, reading his wiki you'd say as blue as the pacific. Be nice to have a sensible opposition, hopefully he will crush momentum and rid the party of anti-semites.
Posted by King Street Cat on Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:27 pm
King Street Cat User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 242
Rep Position: 116th / 78,080

Quiz Score: 268

Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:49 am
Posts: 4067
Location: WF4
My guess is you won't read another word in the press about Antisemitism or Venezuela.
"Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him."
Posted by IR80 on Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:40 pm
IR80 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 218
Rep Position: 125th / 78,080

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:59 am
Posts: 1735
King Street Cat wrote:
My guess is you won't read another word in the press about Antisemitism or Venezuela.

I certainly think Keir will be a bit more "statesman" like than Corbyn, he is comparatively new to Parliament and, initial impression, more open to partnership, at least in these strange times.
Posted by Mild Rover on Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:41 pm
Mild Rover User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 370
Rep Position: 69th / 78,080

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:49 am
Posts: 11526
Location: Leicestershire.
Labour needs to reinvent itself pretty thoroughly to become relevant to modern Britain. What were once the northern labour heartlands are now in electoral play and so important to both major parties. If you’re under ~40 in those regions, being of political importance will be a novel experience after a long period of Conservatives knowing they couldn’t win there and Blair taking those seats for granted while wooing Worcester woman.

Labour have got a few years to work it out. Sulking Momentum, can eff right off with their promise to hold Starmer to account. They sound like the sodding ERG (before the ERG took over - they’ll be less keen on accountability now).

The post-Brexit Conservative Government has to work out what it is now, while simultaneously trying to run the country during and in the aftermath of the coronavirus crisis. There was a bleak humour in seeing Laura Kuenssberg stressing the scale of the task facing Starmer, when comedy charlatan Johnson is laid up sick, during a crisis that could easily overwhelm somebody fighting fit and competent, and with another kid on the way at 55.
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.
Posted by IR80 on Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:45 pm
IR80 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 218
Rep Position: 125th / 78,080

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:59 am
Posts: 1735
Mild Rover wrote:
Labour needs to reinvent itself pretty thoroughly to become relevant to modern Britain. What were once the northern labour heartlands are now in electoral play and so important to both major parties. If you’re under ~40 in those regions, being of political importance will be a novel experience after a long period of Conservatives knowing they couldn’t win there and Blair taking those seats for granted while wooing Worcester woman.

Labour have got a few years to work it out. Sulking Momentum, can eff right off with their promise to hold Starmer to account. They sound like the sodding ERG (before the ERG took over - they’ll be less keen on accountability now).

The post-Brexit Conservative Government has to work out what it is now, while simultaneously trying to run the country during and in the aftermath of the coronavirus crisis. There was a bleak humour in seeing Laura Kuenssberg stressing the scale of the task facing Starmer, when comedy charlatan Johnson is laid up sick, during a crisis that could easily overwhelm somebody fighting fit and competent, and with another kid on the way at 55.

I dope you spat on the floor when you typed that womans name, she is awful.
Posted by Scarlet Pimpernell on Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:48 pm
Scarlet Pimpernell Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 127
Rep Position: 195th / 78,080

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:43 pm
Posts: 1629
They will be raking over his old cases to see what dirt or with a bit of a stretch unproven dirt. He is a Sir something Johnson is yet to receive which I am sure will be a cause of great grief to him.
At least Sir Keir Starmer does not have to live with a name like Boris de Pfeffel and unlike Johnson he was born in the U.K and appears better at his personal life. In addition I am sure he is more honest than Johnson but that is not a very high bar to reach
Posted by IR80 on Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:52 pm
IR80 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 218
Rep Position: 125th / 78,080

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:59 am
Posts: 1735
and there we were, having a sensible conversation.....
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cronus, King Street Cat, Scarlet Pimpernell, The Ghost of '99 and 60 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to The Sin Bin


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,039,87469178,0804,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
TODAY 09:00
NRL
PENRITH
v
NZ WARRIORS
TODAY 10:55
NRL
MELBOURNE STORM
v
SOUTHS
TOMORROW 08:30
NRL
PARRAMATTA EELS
v
MANLY
TOMORROW 10:35
NRL
NQL COWBOYS
v
CRONULLA
Sun 7th Jun 07:05
NRL
CANBERRA
v
NEWCASTLE
Sun 7th Jun 09:30
NRL
GOLD COAST
v
WESTS TIGERS
Mon 8th Jun 07:05
NRL
CANTERBURY
v
ST.GEORGE
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






11