WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - TORY Mansion tax and pension raid ?

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Sin Bin TORY Mansion tax and pension raid ?

Off-topic discussion.
TORY Mansion tax and pension raid ? Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:49 pm  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 14402
Straight out of Corbyn's little red book, the Tories are apparently considering increasing council tax on higher value properties AND reducing the 40% tax relief on pension contributions, in order to raise £10 billion per year for the chancellor.

Any double standards for the "one nation Tories", not many.

Corbyn would have been slaughtered for mentioning such policies but, the Tories, with their huge majority, ma be hitting many of their traditional voters with these kind of policies.
Re: TORY Mansion tax and pension raid ? Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:11 pm  

ninearches wrote:
ninearches Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:01 pm
Posts: 4360
Location: newton-le-willows

Will the tax raid on pension contributions mean there is less of a tax liability when it is paid out ?
Re: TORY Mansion tax and pension raid ? Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:28 pm  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 14402
ninearches wrote:
Will the tax raid on pension contributions mean there is less of a tax liability when it is paid out ?


I wouldn't have thought so. It would just mean that you would have contributed less, by virtue of only getting basic rate tax relief on all contributions.
Mind you, there would be ways around any changes and a company could quite easily increase it's own contributions and take a lower share from the employee.
Re: TORY Mansion tax and pension raid ? Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:37 pm  
sally cinnamon User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:26 am
Posts: 15524
Steep hikes in the minimum wage, energy price caps, talking about bringing northern rail in to public ownership and coming out of the EU state aid regime so we can subsidise struggling industries and now we have this.

These are the politics of Labour in the early 1980s.

Still it will be fun watching Tory MPs and right wing commentators have to make arguments justifying these.
Challenge Cup winners 2009 2010 2012 2019
League Leaders 2011 2016
Re: TORY Mansion tax and pension raid ? Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:15 pm  

User avatarJACK DETH wrote:
JACK DETH User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:29 pm
Posts: 1365
Location: Kingston upon Hull(FC)
sally cinnamon wrote:
Steep hikes in the minimum wage, energy price caps, talking about bringing northern rail in to public ownership and coming out of the EU state aid regime so we can subsidise struggling industries and now we have this.

These are the politics of Labour in the early 1980s.

Still it will be fun watching Tory MPs and right wing commentators have to make arguments justifying these.



The media will not say a word.
Whoever stands by a just cause and fights for the freedom and liberation of his land from the invaders, the settlers and the colonialists, cannot possibly be called terrorist."

— Yasser Arafat
Re: TORY Mansion tax and pension raid ? Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:16 pm  
Scarlet Pimpernell Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:43 pm
Posts: 2026
You will need to include the cost of his proposed bridge. You would think after the debacle of the garden bridge he would want to keep away from these type of structures.
I did read that like Trump he wants to leave a legacy so that his name lives on forever. The bridge is Johnson’s wall pointless and very expensive much like the garden bridge, water cannons and the Thames island airport.
Re: TORY Mansion tax and pension raid ? Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:20 pm  

User avatarsilver2 wrote:
silver2 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:06 pm
Posts: 1737
Location: Warrington
It shouldn't cost too much to do a feasibility study into the new Boris Bridge. Let me see now, the Irish sea has been used for dumping nuclear waste containers and WW2 munitions. Conclusion: a bridge is not feasible. Cost to you Mr Johnson? Oh just buy me a pint next time you're up north.
Re: TORY Mansion tax and pension raid ? Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:45 pm  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 14402
Scarlet Pimpernell wrote:
You will need to include the cost of his proposed bridge. You would think after the debacle of the garden bridge he would want to keep away from these type of structures.
I did read that like Trump he wants to leave a legacy so that his name lives on forever. The bridge is Johnson’s wall pointless and very expensive much like the garden bridge, water cannons and the Thames island airport.


Has he said whether there will be checkpoints on this bridge or will people and goods be free to move in either direction :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you see some of the bridges that they have in Scandinavia, a bridge would be a great thing - it's just the cost of the damn thing.
Re: TORY Mansion tax and pension raid ? Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:52 pm  
Scarlet Pimpernell Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:43 pm
Posts: 2026
Money doesn’t matter when it comes to egos.
Re: TORY Mansion tax and pension raid ? Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:44 pm  
King Street Cat User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:49 am
Posts: 4290
Location: WF4
silver2 wrote:
It shouldn't cost too much to do a feasibility study into the new Boris Bridge. Let me see now, the Irish sea has been used for dumping nuclear waste containers and WW2 munitions. Conclusion: a bridge is not feasible. Cost to you Mr Johnson? Oh just buy me a pint next time you're up north.


You can bet Johnson's 'feasibility study' will cost a bit more than a pint.

I wonder which company will be in line for pocketing the public money for his latest fantasy?
"Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him."
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: King Street Cat and 54 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to The Sin Bin


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,075,5811,53978,2404,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts