WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - new conflict in middle east ?

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Sin Bin new conflict in middle east ?

Off-topic discussion.
new conflict in middle east ? Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:51 am  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 14716
With the escalation in tensions between the US and Iran, following the death of US citizens in Iran, followed by Americas retaliation, in killing a number of Iranian military, what will happen next ?

As with most conflicts in the middle east, this has the potential to escalate very quickly and to drag the UK in as well, particularly as we will very soon be negotiating with the US on a trade deal and Trump will very likely insist that we pick a side as a pre cursor to that.

Will this all blow away quickly or is this the start of something much more significant ?

Happy New Year !
Re: new conflict in middle east ? Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:09 am  

WIZEB wrote:
WIZEB Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:31 pm
Posts: 11417
Location: The Hamptons of East Yorkshire
wrencat1873 wrote:
With the escalation in tensions between the US and Iran, following the death of US citizens in Iran, followed by Americas retaliation, in killing a number of Iranian military, what will happen next ?

As with most conflicts in the middle east, this has the potential to escalate very quickly and to drag the UK in as well, particularly as we will very soon be negotiating with the US on a trade deal and Trump will very likely insist that we pick a side as a pre cursor to that.

Will this all blow away quickly or is this the start of something much more significant ?

Happy New Year !


Hopefully stay out of it so we can give the Iranians some moral support.

HNY
Re: new conflict in middle east ? Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:55 pm  

User avatarSal Paradise wrote:
Sal Paradise User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 8:28 am
Posts: 17960
Location: On the road
What give the Iranians moral support - are you serious?

I am not for one minute saying we should get involved but Soleimani got what was coming his way - an out an out terrorist who would stop at nothing. The world is a better place without him.

I appreciate Donald needs some diversion and this will fit well with his mid America flag wavers.

Storm in a teacup - the Iranians can't afford to react, could be it was the Ayatollah's idea?
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.
Re: new conflict in middle east ? Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:00 pm  
Sir Kevin Sinfield Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:57 am
Posts: 3715
Donald Trump has an election to win, sadly going to war will have a positive influence on his campaign, Trump knows this and is looking to start a war.
Re: new conflict in middle east ? Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:16 pm  

User avatarSal Paradise wrote:
Sal Paradise User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 8:28 am
Posts: 17960
Location: On the road
Sir Kevin Sinfield wrote:
Donald Trump has an election to win, sadly going to war will have a positive influence on his campaign, Trump knows this and is looking to start a war.


Agree with the first - not sure he really wants to go to war - Trump is bully not a fighter.
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.
Re: new conflict in middle east ? Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:29 pm  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 14716
Sal Paradise wrote:
Agree with the first - not sure he really wants to go to war - Trump is bully not a fighter.


It wont be his blood that is spilt, just that of "his" people.
The declaration that this is "an act of war" doesn't sound great and in the final analysis, this will all boil down to the price and supply of oil :CRAZY:
Re: new conflict in middle east ? Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:51 pm  
sally cinnamon User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:26 am
Posts: 15566
Trump isn't going to be up for a 'boots on the ground' style war in Iran, which would be much harder and more complex than Afghanistan and Iraq in which the US got bogged down for years.

He will want this kind of one-off strike conflict. The Iranians will react the same way, probably via proxy terrorist groups. This will be good politics for Trump because it takes the terms of debate on to something that he will fancy his chances against the Democrats - who would be tougher on Islamic terrorism.
Challenge Cup winners 2009 2010 2012 2019
League Leaders 2011 2016
Re: new conflict in middle east ? Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:15 pm  

WIZEB wrote:
WIZEB Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:31 pm
Posts: 11417
Location: The Hamptons of East Yorkshire
The US intelligence services could always throw in a bit of fabrication, a bit of wishful thinking, and some outright lies that would allow them to go running to the United Nations Security Council.
Worked well enough last time.
Re: new conflict in middle east ? Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:10 am  

User avatarbren2k wrote:
bren2k User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:32 pm
Posts: 15521
Location: Ossett
I wonder how many people who support this kind of US imperialism will be down the recruiting office today? Very few I'd wager - it works much better to let the children of poor families die in a desert somewhere; small price to pay for the boost it will give an election campaign.
Re: new conflict in middle east ? Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:42 pm  

User avatarRoyBoy29 wrote:
RoyBoy29 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 8:29 am
Posts: 1676
Nothing to do with the 53million barrels of oil that Iran have just found under their feet then?
Irony is represented below.

JEAN CAPDOUZE wrote:
He is not telling the truth. He is talking paranoid rubbish.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jukesays, Sal Paradise and 69 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to The Sin Bin


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,088,0091,11578,2994,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!



X