WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - nationalising the Utility companies ?

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Sin Bin nationalising the Utility companies ?

Off-topic discussion.
Re: nationalising the Utility companies ? Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:12 pm  

Superblue wrote:
Superblue Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 9:02 pm
Posts: 612
The NHS will never be lean until all those CEO type levels of jobs for the boys managers are taken out and replaced by nursing professionals. :D

And just remind me of the annual cost for private supply doctors and nurses at ten times the basic hourly rate?
Re: nationalising the Utility companies ? Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:01 pm  

User avatarSal Paradise wrote:
Sal Paradise User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 8:28 am
Posts: 17953
Location: On the road
Superblue wrote:
The NHS will never be lean until all those CEO type levels of jobs for the boys managers are taken out and replaced by nursing professionals. :D

And just remind me of the annual cost for private supply doctors and nurses at ten times the basic hourly rate?


Completely agree
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.
Re: nationalising the Utility companies ? Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:20 am  
The Ghost of '99 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:45 pm
Posts: 1250
Location: Desperation Island
Sal Paradise wrote:
Completely agree

Again, are there any facts to quote or studies to cite about outcomes and spend?
You right wingers make a lot of unsupported assertions but never seem to back them up with evidence.
"Brian McDermott, with a wry smile, nods when asked if he remembers a specific incident which made him realise he was a prick. 'I do', he murmurs."
Re: nationalising the Utility companies ? Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:01 pm  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 14673
The Ghost of '99 wrote:
Again, are there any facts to quote or studies to cite about outcomes and spend?
You right wingers make a lot of unsupported assertions but never seem to back them up with evidence.


They're usually taken from Daily Mail or Telegraph headlines.

Like the Tories stating that on average, every EU immigrant costs around £4500.
However, they neglected to mention the fact that on average they contribute over £7000, making them well worth having over here, how very forgetful of them. :CRAZY:

Ironically, the controlled immigration from outside the EU, shows a net deficit, in cash terms, for each immigrant.
Neither of these figures takes account of the effect on overseas students.
Re: nationalising the Utility companies ? Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:18 am  

User avatarSal Paradise wrote:
Sal Paradise User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 8:28 am
Posts: 17953
Location: On the road
The Ghost of '99 wrote:
Again, are there any facts to quote or studies to cite about outcomes and spend?
You right wingers make a lot of unsupported assertions but never seem to back them up with evidence.


I mentioned the failed NHS IT project that Labour awarded to an American firm - yes Labour - than cost 10bn and was never completed - you didn't even bother to comment on that - why because it doesn't suit your argument

I mention the minimal use of operating theatres which are unused more than used - but you still insist the NHS is lean - give us all a break - in a lean organisation this asset would be sweated.

You actually haven't got a clue what you are talking about have you? but you sign off the payroll payments!!
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.
Re: nationalising the Utility companies ? Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:02 am  

User avatarSal Paradise wrote:
Sal Paradise User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 8:28 am
Posts: 17953
Location: On the road
So I see N Power is struggling due to the incredibly competitive nature of the domestic energy market and the price cap in place.

So how is Labour going to turn this around when buys all these firms - remove price capping? It certainly wont be running them more efficiently
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.
Re: nationalising the Utility companies ? Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:56 am  
Ornery Optimist Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:51 pm
Posts: 4042
Excuse my ignorance on this,but how will the Labour Party,who,after 13 years in government left the country broke,be able to persuade all of those mega-wealthy private owners to just leave their highly lucrative private ownership and wave goodbye to all of their easy profits?

How much in government bonds will all of these private money-making machines accept.

Just one foreign owner,of one water company,may require some persuasion to say goodbye to such easy money

Hong Kong Owner Of North East Water
No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.
Re: nationalising the Utility companies ? Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:19 pm  

Superblue wrote:
Superblue Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 9:02 pm
Posts: 612
Sal Paradise wrote:
I mentioned the failed NHS IT project that Labour awarded to an American firm - yes Labour - than cost 10bn and was never completed - you didn't even bother to comment on that - why because it doesn't suit your argument

I mention the minimal use of operating theatres which are unused more than used - but you still insist the NHS is lean - give us all a break - in a lean organisation this asset would be sweated.

You actually haven't got a clue what you are talking about have you? but you sign off the payroll payments!!


There isn’t the staff to man the theatres fully, most of the surgeons etc put more hours into their private work than NHS work. :D

In principle the NHS is already run as a de facto private company by the tories , with typically poor management.
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 66 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to The Sin Bin


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,086,4611,18878,2924,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!



X