WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Homelessness

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Sin Bin Homelessness

Off-topic discussion.
Re: Homelessness
Post Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:48 pm
Posted by bren2k on Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:48 pm
bren2k User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 626
Rep Position: 19th / 77,882

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:32 pm
Posts: 15240
Location: Ossett
wotsupcas wrote:
Which budget it comes from is irrelevant. The Govt has a pot of money to spend and , among other things,it comes from tax and NI . It's the amount that counts. Now you can argue that you want a republic and that's fair enough but the fact is we spend more on health tourists than we do on the royal family. We can argue till we're blue in the face about the return on the royal family or what the actual cost of health tourism is but the fact remains we spend more on one than the other.


It's relevant to me; as I said, I'm quite content that if someone has a medical emergency whilst in the UK, we treat them - and the numbers who are deliberate co-called 'health tourists' are so vanishingly small, as to not be worth pursuing.

The decision to spend 70 million quid on an inbred, extended family who have inherited wealth and privilege because their ancestors oppressed and enslaved poor people, is an entirely different thing; so aside from the morals of it, you're creating a false equivalence.
Re: Homelessness
Post Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:12 pm
Posted by IR80 on Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:12 pm
IR80 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 142
Rep Position: 167th / 77,882

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:59 am
Posts: 643
bren2k wrote:
It's relevant to me; as I said, I'm quite content that if someone has a medical emergency whilst in the UK, we treat them - and the numbers who are deliberate co-called 'health tourists' are so vanishingly small, as to not be worth pursuing.

The decision to spend 70 million quid on an inbred, extended family who have inherited wealth and privilege because their ancestors oppressed and enslaved poor people, is an entirely different thing; so aside from the morals of it, you're creating a false equivalence.

True colurs on show, envy, nothing more. Diddums, did they steal your Whippet (in developing news, the earth isn't flat)
Re: Homelessness
Post Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:36 pm
Posted by wotsupcas on Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:36 pm
wotsupcas Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 52
Rep Position: 250th / 77,882

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:25 pm
Posts: 295
bren2k wrote:
That's a good attempt - but the argument about the health tourism lie, was about the estimated figure, as a proportion of the overall NHS budget.

The "return" for the Royal Family is difficult to quantify, because there are some rather arcane calculations used in most cases; personally, I object to them at a more fundamental level than just the money.

I object to health tourists as a matter of principle not just the cash
Re: Homelessness
Post Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:40 pm
Posted by wotsupcas on Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:40 pm
wotsupcas Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 52
Rep Position: 250th / 77,882

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:25 pm
Posts: 295
bren2k wrote:
It's relevant to me; as I said, I'm quite content that if someone has a medical emergency whilst in the UK, we treat them - and the numbers who are deliberate co-called 'health tourists' are so vanishingly small, as to not be worth pursuing.

The decision to spend 70 million quid on an inbred, extended family who have inherited wealth and privilege because their ancestors oppressed and enslaved poor people, is an entirely different thing; so aside from the morals of it, you're creating a false equivalence.

Although as a human being I get the emergency thing,however it still sticks in my craw that we wouldn't get the same courtesy in other countries I could name.
Re: Homelessness
Post Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:29 am
Posted by tigertot on Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:29 am
tigertot User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 592
Rep Position: 21st / 77,882

Quiz Score: 308

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 16962
Location: Olicana - Home of 'Vark Slayer
bren2k wrote:
Forbes:

"According to the latest Sovereign Grant accounts that were published last week, taxpayers in the UK are forking over more money than ever for the Royal Family. The monarchy cost £67 million ($86 million) in 2018-19, a 41% increase on the previous financial year. It has also emerged that the renovation of Frogmore Cottage, the official residence of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, cost £2.4 million of public funding, despite the fact that it was a gift provided to the couple by the Queen."

Viva la revolution.

You are talking solely about the Sovereign Grant at c£70m. The actual cost is estimated at c£350m https://www.independent.co.uk/news/busi ... 45436.html
However, as you say later, the cost is not the main issue.
The best things in life are not things.
A member of the victorious liberal metropolitan elite.
Re: Homelessness
Post Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:31 am
Posted by tigertot on Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:31 am
tigertot User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 592
Rep Position: 21st / 77,882

Quiz Score: 308

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 16962
Location: Olicana - Home of 'Vark Slayer
wotsupcas wrote:
Although as a human being I get the emergency thing,however it still sticks in my craw that we wouldn't get the same courtesy in other countries I could name.

But you would in some others. So why are you obsessing so much on this rather than the Tories drive to outsource so much of the NHS, which is truly criminal?
The best things in life are not things.
A member of the victorious liberal metropolitan elite.
Re: Homelessness
Post Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:03 am
Posted by IR80 on Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:03 am
IR80 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 142
Rep Position: 167th / 77,882

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:59 am
Posts: 643
tigertot wrote:
But you would in some others. So why are you obsessing so much on this rather than the Tories drive to outsource so much of the NHS, which is truly criminal?

If it is "criminal" why don't you make an official claim to the police, who would then spend a few minutes laughing at you and move on to something else.
Re: Homelessness
Post Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:29 am
Posted by tigertot on Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:29 am
tigertot User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 592
Rep Position: 21st / 77,882

Quiz Score: 308

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 16962
Location: Olicana - Home of 'Vark Slayer
IR80 wrote:
If it is "criminal" why don't you make an official claim to the police, who would then spend a few minutes laughing at you and move on to something else.

Why don't you try & produce something constructive in your pathetic little life? Just an idea.
The best things in life are not things.
A member of the victorious liberal metropolitan elite.
Re: Homelessness
Post Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:32 am
Posted by IR80 on Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:32 am
IR80 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 142
Rep Position: 167th / 77,882

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:59 am
Posts: 643
tigertot wrote:
Why don't you try & produce something constructive in your pathetic little life? Just an idea.

Ah, here comes abuse again, I wish I was as clever as you.
Re: Homelessness
Post Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:55 am
Posted by wotsupcas on Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:55 am
wotsupcas Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 52
Rep Position: 250th / 77,882

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:25 pm
Posts: 295
tigertot wrote:
But you would in some others. So why are you obsessing so much on this rather than the Tories drive to outsource so much of the NHS, which is truly criminal?

I'm afraid the NHS going forward will have to reform or die. The fact is research is finding more and more ways to keep us alive and it comes at a cost. I truly believe that a complete and honest review is needed instead of tinkering around the edges. We all (i hope) want a properly run and funded NHS. How we do that without bankrupting the country I have no idea. It can't be just throwing money at it or the extra cash will just get swallowed up. And I no I will get derided for this but maybe we need to get back to basics and stop funding, for example, IVF or gastric band operations, sex changes etc
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cronus, Steph Curry and 47 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to The Sin Bin


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,976,5851,91277,8824,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Sat 16th Nov 07:30
GB
PNG
v
GB LIONS
Thu 30th Jan 19:45
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WARRINGTON
Fri 31st Jan 19:45
SL
HULL KR
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 31st Jan 19:45
SL
ST.HELENS
v
SALFORD
Sat 1st Feb 17:00
SL
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Sun 2nd Feb 14:30
SL
TORONTO
v
CASTLEFORD
Sun 2nd Feb 16:45
SL
LEEDS RHINOS
v
HULL FC
Thu 6th Feb 19:45
SL
WARRINGTON
v
ST.HELENS
Fri 7th Feb 19:45
SL
CASTLEFORD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Fri 7th Feb 19:45
SL
HULL FC
v
HULL KR
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





11