WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Brexit Anyone? (part 4)

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Sin Bin Brexit Anyone? (part 4)

Off-topic discussion.
Re: Brexit Anyone? (part 4)
Post Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:56 pm
Posted by Sal Paradise on Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:56 pm
Sal Paradise User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 293
Rep Position: 88th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 8:28 am
Posts: 17092
Location: On the road
The Ghost of '99 wrote:
Yet again you repeat this rubbish. They are all countries which have seen huge economic growth in international trade and in living standards and prosperity since joining the EU.

It's like climate change deniers conflating climate with the weather.


You really are delusional - in Spain youth unemployment is 33% - Italy and Greece are virtually bankrupt and both have had very tough economic guidelines set on them by the EU - to a point where it has brought governments down in both countries.

Being a member of the EU isn't a one stop shop to prosperity - who is to say that these countries could have grown just as much outside of the EU?
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.
Re: Brexit Anyone? (part 4)
Post Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:01 am
Posted by wrencat1873 on Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:01 am
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1148
Rep Position: 2nd / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 12670
Sal Paradise wrote:
You really are delusional - in Spain youth unemployment is 33% - Italy and Greece are virtually bankrupt and both have had very tough economic guidelines set on them by the EU - to a point where it has brought governments down in both countries.

Being a member of the EU isn't a one stop shop to prosperity - who is to say that these countries could have grown just as much outside of the EU?


Italy (primarily due to corruption) and Greece have been economic "basket cases" for as far back as I can remember and without the strict rules set out by the EU they would have fallen further and further down the pile.
Left to their own devices they would have kept on devaluing their currency and possibly ended up with an ecconomy similar to Zimbabwe.
For all of the constraints put on them through their EU membership, I would suggest thet, despite their high youth unemployment, they would be in a far worse state than they currently are.
Re: Brexit Anyone? (part 4)
Post Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:57 pm
Posted by Sal Paradise on Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:57 pm
Sal Paradise User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 293
Rep Position: 88th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 8:28 am
Posts: 17092
Location: On the road
wrencat1873 wrote:
Italy (primarily due to corruption) and Greece have been economic "basket cases" for as far back as I can remember and without the strict rules set out by the EU they would have fallen further and further down the pile.
Left to their own devices they would have kept on devaluing their currency and possibly ended up with an ecconomy similar to Zimbabwe.
For all of the constraints put on them through their EU membership, I would suggest thet, despite their high youth unemployment, they would be in a far worse state than they currently are.


What makes you say that? It is very unlikely any country in Europe will end up like Zimbabwe - in or out of the EU. Africa has some challenges that are particular to that continent.
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.
Re: Brexit Anyone? (part 4)
Post Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:04 pm
Posted by wrencat1873 on Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:04 pm
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1148
Rep Position: 2nd / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 12670
Sal Paradise wrote:
What makes you say that? It is very unlikely any country in Europe will end up like Zimbabwe - in or out of the EU. Africa has some challenges that are particular to that continent.


What make me say that (make a direct comparison between Italy/Greece and Zimbabwe) is the regular devaluation of currency, coupled with government's who "aren't the best" at collecting tax revenues, leading to further devaluation of currency and so on and so on.
You may not remember the days of becoming a "lira millionaire" , such was the state of Italy's own currency.
My point here being that, outside of a more financially controlled environment, both of these nations would be significantly behind where they are now.
FWIW, I believe that Italy has the potential to be a reasonably wealthy nation but, perhaps needs stronger government, Greece on the other hand is a vision of what an independent Scotland may look like.
Re: Brexit Anyone? (part 4)
Post Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:58 pm
Posted by Sal Paradise on Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:58 pm
Sal Paradise User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 293
Rep Position: 88th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 8:28 am
Posts: 17092
Location: On the road
wrencat1873 wrote:
What make me say that (make a direct comparison between Italy/Greece and Zimbabwe) is the regular devaluation of currency, coupled with government's who "aren't the best" at collecting tax revenues, leading to further devaluation of currency and so on and so on.
You may not remember the days of becoming a "lira millionaire" , such was the state of Italy's own currency.
My point here being that, outside of a more financially controlled environment, both of these nations would be significantly behind where they are now.
FWIW, I believe that Italy has the potential to be a reasonably wealthy nation but, perhaps needs stronger government, Greece on the other hand is a vision of what an independent Scotland may look like.


Agreed - good points
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 47 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to The Sin Bin


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,985,17779077,9054,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Thu 30th Jan 19:45
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WARRINGTON
Fri 31st Jan 19:30
 CH
DEWSBURY RAMS
v
LEIGH
Fri 31st Jan 19:45
SL
HULL KR
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 31st Jan 19:45
SL
ST.HELENS
v
SALFORD
Sat 1st Feb 17:00
SL
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Sat 1st Feb 19:30
 CH
TOULOUSE
v
YORK
Sun 2nd Feb 14:30
SL
TORONTO
v
CASTLEFORD
Sun 2nd Feb 15:00
 CH
BATLEY BULLDOGS
v
FEATHERSTONE
Sun 2nd Feb 15:00
 CH
BRADFORD BULLS
v
LONDON BRONCOS
Sun 2nd Feb 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
SHEFFIELD
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





11