WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Brexit Referendum

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Sin Bin Brexit Referendum

Off-topic discussion.
Should we remain in the EU or leave the EU? Select up to 2 options

Leave immediately with no deal
6
24%
Revoke Article 50 and remain
7
28%
Revoke Article 50 and start the Leave process again
0
No votes
Remain with the existing negotiated deal
3
12%
Seek an extension of up to 3 months for election/renegotiations
0
No votes
Seek a much longer extension (1-2 years) for election/renegotiations
0
No votes
Extension to allow a Second Referendum - straight Leave or Remain
5
20%
Extension to allow a Second Referendum with multiple choice options similar to above
4
16%
 
Total votes : 25

Re: Brexit Referendum
Post Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:39 pm
Posted by MGarbutt1986 on Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:39 pm
MGarbutt1986 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 322
Rep Position: 73rd / 77,889

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:06 am
Posts: 783
Mild Rover wrote:
In the case of MPs they are trying to do what they think is best, considering/balancing the democratic imperative to leave against protecting/promoting what they each regard as the country’s best interests. Even the ones I disagree with profoundly are doing what they sincerely regard as best.

The issue is that there was never a single clear vision for it, allowing people to project onto it what they wanted. That was great for Leave but hugely problematic for leaving, because it is still happening and the different visions are really, really difficult to reconcile and everybody thinks their version is the one true or best Brexit. And that’s before we get to the 48% who weren’t impressed in the first place, and the fact we have a hung parliament.

As for the EU... are we still looking to them to take care of our figs and stuff? What does them giving a fig look like in these circumstances? Are you suggesting they should have hastened our departure, despite our request for a delay?

We’re in a strange place where there is no democratic dividend to doing anything, only recriminations from those who’ll feel betrayed. So we’re trapped in this Kafkaesque political purgatory. And it is completely of our own making. We have boxed ourselves in absolutely brilliantly. If it was a ‘what if?’ fiction, it’d feel far fetched, but here we are. Still.

We will end up with a GE, and a borrow and spend Labour government, the next recession they lead us in to.
Re: Brexit Referendum
Post Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:35 am
Posted by tigertot on Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:35 am
tigertot User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 593
Rep Position: 21st / 77,889

Quiz Score: 308

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 16962
Location: Olicana - Home of 'Vark Slayer
MGarbutt1986 wrote:
We will end up with a GE, and a borrow and spend Labour government, the next recession they lead us in to.

It will make a pleasant change from greedy capitalists causing a world recession hey nutjob?
The best things in life are not things.
A member of the victorious liberal metropolitan elite.
Re: Brexit Referendum
Post Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:54 am
Posted by MGarbutt1986 on Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:54 am
MGarbutt1986 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 322
Rep Position: 73rd / 77,889

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:06 am
Posts: 783
tigertot wrote:
It will make a pleasant change from greedy capitalists causing a world recession hey nutjob?

same old insults, you are boring.
Re: Brexit Referendum
Post Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:52 pm
Posted by Sir Kevin Sinfield on Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:52 pm
Sir Kevin Sinfield Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 786
Rep Position: 11th / 77,889

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:57 am
Posts: 3546
MGarbutt1986 wrote:
We will end up with a GE, and a borrow and spend Labour government, the next recession they lead us in to.

In 1996, the year before Labour came to power, the UK had debt of 44.3% of GDP.

Fast forward 10 years to 2006, Labour’s 10th year in power, their so called borrow and spend policies have somehow led to our debt fall to 40.8% of GDP.

Now, thanks to our strong and stable conservative government cutting spending on essential services and cutting taxes for the rich and multinational companies, we have debt of 86.58% of GDP.

The world global financial crisis wasn’t in fact started by labour, but on Wall Street with the collapse of banks in the US. But don’t let facts and statistics get in the way of your agenda.
Re: Brexit Referendum
Post Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:17 pm
Posted by MGarbutt1986 on Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:17 pm
MGarbutt1986 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 322
Rep Position: 73rd / 77,889

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:06 am
Posts: 783
Sir Kevin Sinfield wrote:
In 1996, the year before Labour came to power, the UK had debt of 44.3% of GDP.

Fast forward 10 years to 2006, Labour’s 10th year in power, their so called borrow and spend policies have somehow led to our debt fall to 40.8% of GDP.

Now, thanks to our strong and stable conservative government cutting spending on essential services and cutting taxes for the rich and multinational companies, we have debt of 86.58% of GDP.

The world global financial crisis wasn’t in fact started by labour, but on Wall Street with the collapse of banks in the US. But don’t let facts and statistics get in the way of your agenda.

Mr Brown sold our gold, at the bottom of the market,, brilliant fiscal policy.

We are not going to agree, ever, and I am not interested in arguments.

Have a safe and happy life.
Re: Brexit Referendum
Post Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:24 pm
Posted by Sir Kevin Sinfield on Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:24 pm
Sir Kevin Sinfield Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 786
Rep Position: 11th / 77,889

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:57 am
Posts: 3546
MGarbutt1986 wrote:
Mr Brown sold our gold, at the bottom of the market,, brilliant fiscal policy.

We are not going to agree, ever, and I am not interested in arguments.

Have a safe and happy life.

If you know whether the price of gold is going to rise or fall, I suggest you buy and sell gold and make your millions. Was it a good move, in hindsight probably not, but the current government have done much worse.

I have stated facts and statistics, what are you never going to agree with, are you saying the statistics are wrong?
Re: Brexit Referendum
Post Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:39 pm
Posted by tigertot on Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:39 pm
tigertot User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 593
Rep Position: 21st / 77,889

Quiz Score: 308

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 16962
Location: Olicana - Home of 'Vark Slayer
MGarbutt1986 wrote:
I am not interested in arguments.

So why are you on here? Even in your shallow world you must have something more interesting to fill your time?
The best things in life are not things.
A member of the victorious liberal metropolitan elite.
Re: Brexit Referendum
Post Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:48 pm
Posted by MGarbutt1986 on Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:48 pm
MGarbutt1986 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 322
Rep Position: 73rd / 77,889

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:06 am
Posts: 783
tigertot wrote:
So why are you on here? Even in your shallow world you must have something more interesting to fill your time?

more insults, how very intelligent and grown up you are.
Re: Brexit Referendum
Post Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:55 pm
Posted by King Street Cat on Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:55 pm
King Street Cat User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 228
Rep Position: 107th / 77,889

Quiz Score: 268

Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:49 am
Posts: 3448
Location: WF4
MGarbutt1986 is just one of those capitalist apologists who you get on every forum and message board the world over. They give it all the big talk, cupping the virtual balls of the billionaires, because they too think that one day it will be them who is cashing the telephone number cheques, and they don't want anyone else having a slice of the pie. The truth is, they don't even end up with the crumbs.
"Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him."
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Sal Paradise, wigginswarrior and 42 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to The Sin Bin


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,977,8201,78877,8894,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
TOMORROW 07:30
GB
PNG
v
GB LIONS
Thu 30th Jan 19:45
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WARRINGTON
Fri 31st Jan 19:45
SL
HULL KR
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 31st Jan 19:45
SL
ST.HELENS
v
SALFORD
Sat 1st Feb 17:00
SL
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Sun 2nd Feb 14:30
SL
TORONTO
v
CASTLEFORD
Sun 2nd Feb 16:45
SL
LEEDS RHINOS
v
HULL FC
Thu 6th Feb 19:45
SL
WARRINGTON
v
ST.HELENS
Fri 7th Feb 19:45
SL
CASTLEFORD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Fri 7th Feb 19:45
SL
HULL FC
v
HULL KR
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





11