WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Wealth re-distribution

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Sin Bin Wealth re-distribution

Off-topic discussion.
Re: Wealth re-distribution
Post Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:49 am
Posted by Cokey on Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:49 am
Cokey User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 836
Rep Position: 6th / 77,790

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:58 pm
Posts: 5864
Location: Across The Universe....... Jai guru deva om - Nothings gonna change my world.
Sir Kevin Sinfield wrote:
Why?


Ya back. :shock:
Image
Re: Wealth re-distribution
Post Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:19 am
Posted by Sal Paradise on Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:19 am
Sal Paradise User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 283
Rep Position: 75th / 77,790

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 8:28 am
Posts: 16675
Location: On the road
Sir Kevin Sinfield wrote:
Why?


Because fall all its ills capitalism is still the best system yet divised to stimulate innovation and reward risk taking. The idea that the state owns everything and doles out pocket money to its populus doesn't appeal to me.

Socialism is great in theory it doesn't work in practise and the only people who truly prosper are those at the top that live like kings with greater access to the better things and it is in their interest to keep the population under control to protect their priviliged status.
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.
Re: Wealth re-distribution
Post Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:39 am
Posted by WIZEB on Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:39 am
WIZEB Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 319
Rep Position: 64th / 77,790

Quiz Score: 392

Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:31 pm
Posts: 10768
Location: The Hamptons of East Yorkshire
Sal Paradise wrote:
I am a Tory voter but I am concerned about the inequality of wealth in this country.


You should have just given up there and then. :lol:
Re: Wealth re-distribution
Post Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:53 am
Posted by Bullseye on Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:53 am
Bullseye User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 890
Rep Position: 5th / 77,790

Quiz Score: 392

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 29677
Location: The Corridor of Uncertainty
Sal Paradise wrote:
Because fall all its ills capitalism is still the best system yet divised to stimulate innovation and reward risk taking. The idea that the state owns everything and doles out pocket money to its populus doesn't appeal to me.

Socialism is great in theory it doesn't work in practise and the only people who truly prosper are those at the top that live like kings with greater access to the better things and it is in their interest to keep the population under control to protect their priviliged status.


I don't think you have to choose either one or the other. I prefer a more moderate interpretation that sits somewhere in the middle and reins in the excesses of either system is best.
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.
Re: Wealth re-distribution
Post Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:47 am
Posted by Sal Paradise on Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:47 am
Sal Paradise User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 283
Rep Position: 75th / 77,790

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 8:28 am
Posts: 16675
Location: On the road
Bullseye wrote:
I don't think you have to choose either one or the other. I prefer a more moderate interpretation that sits somewhere in the middle and reins in the excesses of either system is best.


Agree a mixed economy works best - you are voting for the degree of control the government has - if you vote Corbyn the government will control more of the economy if you vote Tory less so I prefer the concept of the latter.

Problem with the left as I see it and I may be wrong - most are from well to do backgrounds Corbyn attended prep/grammar school something they would happily deny anyone else the opportunity to access. Abbott/Harman sent their kids to private school but thinks comprensive education is the way forward, David Lammy is another, Umunna anothrt etc.?

Therein lies the issue with the left - its about the elite left having access to things they would readily deny others. You cannot deny the human spirit's desire to better itself through hardwork/risk/innovation.
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.
Re: Wealth re-distribution
Post Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:20 am
Posted by Sir Kevin Sinfield on Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:20 am
Sir Kevin Sinfield Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 743
Rep Position: 10th / 77,790

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:57 am
Posts: 3417
Cokey wrote:
Ya back. :shock:

No, I only ever left the virtual terrace and still do not post on that forum.
Re: Wealth re-distribution
Post Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:36 am
Posted by Sir Kevin Sinfield on Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:36 am
Sir Kevin Sinfield Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 743
Rep Position: 10th / 77,790

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:57 am
Posts: 3417
Sal Paradise wrote:
Because fall all its ills capitalism is still the best system yet divised to stimulate innovation and reward risk taking. The idea that the state owns everything and doles out pocket money to its populus doesn't appeal to me.

Socialism is great in theory it doesn't work in practise and the only people who truly prosper are those at the top that live like kings with greater access to the better things and it is in their interest to keep the population under control to protect their priviliged status.

Capitalism in its pure form results in a very small number of people owning virtually everything. Take the USA the capitalist champions, the richest 3 people in the USA own more than the poorest 130,000,000. I struggle to see how anyone can support or justify that system.

The state owning everything and giving out pocket money is communism not socialism.

You say socialism doesn’t work in practice, but the NHS is socialism in practice. So is free education and childcare, the police force, the fire brigade, the army. Why shouldn’t other public services such as the railways and other transport, utilities like water, electricity and gas be run in the same way as those organisations, to provide a service for the people, rather than to make profit for the few.
Re: Wealth re-distribution
Post Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:28 pm
Posted by Bullseye on Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:28 pm
Bullseye User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 890
Rep Position: 5th / 77,790

Quiz Score: 392

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 29677
Location: The Corridor of Uncertainty
Sal Paradise wrote:
Agree a mixed economy works best - you are voting for the degree of control the government has - if you vote Corbyn the government will control more of the economy if you vote Tory less so I prefer the concept of the latter.

Problem with the left as I see it and I may be wrong - most are from well to do backgrounds Corbyn attended prep/grammar school something they would happily deny anyone else the opportunity to access. Abbott/Harman sent their kids to private school but thinks comprensive education is the way forward, David Lammy is another, Umunna anothrt etc.?

Therein lies the issue with the left - its about the elite left having access to things they would readily deny others. You cannot deny the human spirit's desire to better itself through hardwork/risk/innovation.


I think the degree of control the government has is exactly the point. Too much and you can stifle creativity and risk taking. Too little and you have too much risk taking leading to financial crises and people left in poverty.

The current choice seems to me to be between two parties that are light years apart from each other. I’m not sure either has the right idea. I’d argue the Conservatives have gone too far now with privatisation of some services and utilities being of no benefit except to a small monied elite that also happen to be Conservative party doners. Meanwhile I think Labour are being too ambitious with some of their plans and risk making a mess of any opportunity they might get by trying to do too much at too big a cost. In both cases I’d say dogma has got the better of them.
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.
Re: Wealth re-distribution
Post Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:39 pm
Posted by GUBRATS on Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:39 pm
GUBRATS User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 307
Rep Position: 68th / 77,790

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:35 pm
Posts: 2386
Bullseye wrote:
I think the degree of control the government has is exactly the point. Too much and you can stifle creativity and risk taking. Too little and you have too much risk taking leading to financial crises and people left in poverty.

The current choice seems to me to be between two parties that are light years apart from each other. I’m not sure either has the right idea. I’d argue the Conservatives have gone too far now with privatisation of some services and utilities being of no benefit except to a small monied elite that also happen to be Conservative party doners. Meanwhile I think Labour are being too ambitious with some of their plans and risk making a mess of any opportunity they might get by trying to do too much at too big a cost. In both cases I’d say dogma has got the better of them.


About right there , will sort itself out when we see a new realistic centre left leader of the labour party , Chuka Ummuna for me
snaivooladniv eht fo thgim eht eraweb
Re: Wealth re-distribution
Post Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:28 pm
Posted by Bullseye on Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:28 pm
Bullseye User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 890
Rep Position: 5th / 77,790

Quiz Score: 392

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 29677
Location: The Corridor of Uncertainty
GUBRATS wrote:
About right there , will sort itself out when we see a new realistic centre left leader of the labour party , Chuka Ummuna for me


Can't see that happening unless Labour party membership starts to be made up of centre-ists. At the moment the membership is more Corbynistas. Unlike in the past the membership has a greater say than ever before.
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to The Sin Bin


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,940,30660577,7904,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
TODAY 04:00
NRL
SYDNEY ROOSTERS
v
NZ WARRIORS
TODAY 07:05
NRL
CRONULLA
v
ST.GEORGE
TODAY 13:00
WSL
WAKEFIELDW
v
BRADFORDW
TODAY 14:00
WSL
WIGANW
v
YORKW
TODAY 14:00
WSL
FEATHERSTONEW
v
ST.HELENSW
TODAY 15:00
SLXXIV
HUDDERSFIELD
v
CASTLEFORD
TODAY 15:00
SLXXIV
HULL KR
v
WAKEFIELD
TODAY 15:00
 CH
DEWSBURY RAMS
v
BRADFORD BULLS
TODAY 15:00
 CH
SHEFFIELD
v
BARROW RAIDERS
TODAY 15:00
 CH
LEIGH
v
WIDNES VIKINGS
TODAY 15:00
 CH
SWINTON LIONS
v
HALIFAX
TODAY 15:00
 CH
YORK
v
FEATHERSTONE
TODAY 15:00
 CH1
KEIGHLEY
v
WHITEHAVEN
TODAY 15:00
 CH1
NEWCASTLE
v
COVENTRY BEARS
TODAY 15:00
 CH1
OLDHAM
v
DONCASTER
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






11