WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - T. May the worst prime minister ever ?

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Sin Bin T. May the worst prime minister ever ?

Off-topic discussion.
Posted by Ruune Rebellion on Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:08 pm
Ruune Rebellion User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 541
Rep Position: 30th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:20 pm
Posts: 1087
So yet again Israel murder innocent women and children that the whole world condemns. What do the tories do? “Would you like to buy some more bullets?”

If you vote tory you obviously have no problem with children and women being murdered
The Leigh and Wakefield fans mentality......

Say something negative about any other team than theirs - Its an opinion

Say something negative about Leigh and Wakefield - TROLL
Re: T. May the worst prime minister ever ?
Post Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:36 pm
Posted by Charlie Sheen on Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:36 pm
Charlie Sheen User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 559
Rep Position: 28th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:26 pm
Posts: 10165
Location: Leeds
If were seriously going to rank prime ministers, then I'm struggling to think of many worse than the current incumbent.
King Monkey wrote:
Maybe a spell in prison would do Graham good.

At least he'd lose his virginity.
Posted by POSTL on Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:25 pm
POSTL Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 69
Rep Position: 235th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 10:11 pm
Posts: 438
Location: Warrington
Ive only just noticed this thread and can't be bothered scrolling through all the pages, so ignore if this has already been said. Can I put forward Maggie Thatcher.

1st The Falklands, the one remaining little gun ship patrolling the waters around the Falklands she was about to scrap as a cost cutting exercise, one small squad of Marines. The Argies must have thought it was Christmas.
2nd The horrors of the miners dispute.
3rd Then to top it off we got the poll tax, what on earth was that all about
Re: T. May the worst prime minister ever ?
Post Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:27 am
Posted by wrencat1873 on Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:27 am
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1153
Rep Position: 2nd / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 12696
POSTL wrote:
Ive only just noticed this thread and can't be bothered scrolling through all the pages, so ignore if this has already been said. Can I put forward Maggie Thatcher.

1st The Falklands, the one remaining little gun ship patrolling the waters around the Falklands she was about to scrap as a cost cutting exercise, one small squad of Marines. The Argies must have thought it was Christmas.
2nd The horrors of the miners dispute.
3rd Then to top it off we got the poll tax, what on earth was that all about


I didn't agree with her politics (understatement) but, she was a "good leader".
Agree or disagree with her but, you knew where you stood.

Yes, she was guilty of the things that you mention, although The Falklands is still under British rule so, maybe that was a victory ?

If she was in charge of Brexit, there would have been a clear plan and we'd have all been dragged along whichever route she had chosen. Equally, the unrest within the Tory ranks would have been stamped on.

IIRC, it was only Geoffery Howe that had the balls to finally stand up to her, the rest of the party are still ine fear or awe of her iron fist.
Re: T. May the worst prime minister ever ?
Post Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:53 pm
Posted by MGarbutt1986 on Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:53 pm
MGarbutt1986 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 322
Rep Position: 75th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:06 am
Posts: 783
Tony Blurggh - invaded Iraq
Gordon Brown - brilliant "moral compass"

at least May knows one thing, if Corbyn ever gets into number 10, she will lose the tag of "worst prime minister" overnight.
Posted by POSTL on Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:52 pm
POSTL Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 69
Rep Position: 235th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 10:11 pm
Posts: 438
Location: Warrington
wrencat1873 wrote:
I didn't agree with her politics (understatement) but, she was a "good leader".
Agree or disagree with her but, you knew where you stood.

Yes, she was guilty of the things that you mention, although The Falklands is still under British rule so, maybe that was a victory ?

If she was in charge of Brexit, there would have been a clear plan and we'd have all been dragged along whichever route she had chosen. Equally, the unrest within the Tory ranks would have been stamped on.

IIRC, it was only Geoffery Howe that had the balls to finally stand up to her, the rest of the party are still line fear or awe of her iron fist.


The Falkland was a massive victory for our amazing, professional, brave armed forces, if she hadn't stripped the defence of the island to save money maybe it wouldn't have happened in the first place. But I do take your points and agree with you. I just put her forward for discussion.

With regards May, don't get me wrong I have no love for her at all or the Tories for that matter. She/they really effected mine and my wife work pension just as we were coming to a long planned early retirement, but can't help thinking she was given a poison chalice on several different fronts. The problem is she has gone headstrong into it without it seems thinking about the consequences, the general election she called is a casing point she was hoping to crush Corbyns Labour and it back fired big style, from there with no majority she never stood a chance.
Posted by wrencat1873 on Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:21 pm
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1153
Rep Position: 2nd / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 12696
POSTL wrote:
The Falkland was a massive victory for our amazing, professional, brave armed forces, if she hadn't stripped the defence of the island to save money maybe it wouldn't have happened in the first place. But I do take your points and agree with you. I just put her forward for discussion.

With regards May, don't get me wrong I have no love for her at all or the Tories for that matter. She/they really effected mine and my wife work pension just as we were coming to a long planned early retirement, but can't help thinking she was given a poison chalice on several different fronts. The problem is she has gone headstrong into it without it seems thinking about the consequences, the general election she called is a casing point she was hoping to crush Corbyns Labour and it back fired big style, from there with no majority she never stood a chance.


It's her complete and utter lack of leadership skills that make here THE worst leader that there has been in my lifetime.

Apart from calling the "strong and stable" election, which sacrificed the majority that she had in parliament, she has shown ZERO leadership in the current term.
SHE should have spoken of her vision for the future and you would struggle to find any evidence of this, apart from soundbites of "all in this together" and "looking after the JAMS".
She should be selling the future, outside of the EU but, a bit like Corbyn, when he's obliged to join in the National Anthem, her heart just isn't in it.

But, it's lack of leadership that keeps her in top spot, by a bloody mile.
Posted by POSTL on Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:17 pm
POSTL Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 69
Rep Position: 235th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 10:11 pm
Posts: 438
Location: Warrington
wrencat1873 wrote:
It's her complete and utter lack of leadership skills that make here THE worst leader that there has been in my lifetime.

Apart from calling the "strong and stable" election, which sacrificed the majority that she had in parliament, she has shown ZERO leadership in the current term.
SHE should have spoken of her vision for the future and you would struggle to find any evidence of this, apart from soundbites of "all in this together" and "looking after the JAMS".
She should be selling the future, outside of the EU but, a bit like Corbyn, when he's obliged to join in the National Anthem, her heart just isn't in it.

But, it's lack of leadership that keeps her in top spot, by a bloody mile.


Can't argue with that mate
Posted by MGarbutt1986 on Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:25 am
MGarbutt1986 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 322
Rep Position: 75th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:06 am
Posts: 783
POSTL wrote:
Can't argue with that mate

We haven't had a "leader" since Thatcher, regardless of our political leanings we probably all agree.
Posted by wrencat1873 on Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:47 am
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1153
Rep Position: 2nd / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 12696
MGarbutt1986 wrote:
We haven't had a "leader" since Thatcher, regardless of our political leanings we probably all agree.


Again, Blair, was much like Thatcher, in that he had a vison and carried The Labour Party (well, the vast majority) with him.
He stood for what HE believed in and to get re-elected twice shows that enough of the electorate though he was doing a decent job.
Taking us into war on a sham of an excuse, quite rightly, was his undoing and just like Thatcher he made some huge errors but, he did lead his party quite effectively.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jukesays and 58 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to The Sin Bin


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,986,0551,37877,9054,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Thu 30th Jan 19:45
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WARRINGTON
Fri 31st Jan 19:30
 CH
DEWSBURY RAMS
v
LEIGH
Fri 31st Jan 19:45
SL
HULL KR
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 31st Jan 19:45
SL
ST.HELENS
v
SALFORD
Sat 1st Feb 17:00
SL
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Sat 1st Feb 19:30
 CH
TOULOUSE
v
YORK
Sun 2nd Feb 14:30
SL
TORONTO
v
CASTLEFORD
Sun 2nd Feb 15:00
 CH
BATLEY BULLDOGS
v
FEATHERSTONE
Sun 2nd Feb 15:00
 CH
BRADFORD BULLS
v
LONDON BRONCOS
Sun 2nd Feb 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
SHEFFIELD
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





11