WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Brexit Anyone? (2)

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Sin Bin Brexit Anyone? (2)

Off-topic discussion.
Re: Brexit Anyone? (2)
Post Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:18 pm
Posted by Leigh_Manning on Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:18 pm
Leigh_Manning Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 40
Rep Position: 264th / 77,892

Quiz Score: 0

Bullseye wrote:
It's going to be interesting. Can't kick the can any further down the road now.

it seems to be lost in the long grass!
Post Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:48 am
Posted by wrencat1873 on Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:48 am
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1134
Rep Position: 2nd / 77,892

David Davies (Brexit Secretary) resigned, Tories in utter disarray, what chance of a deal now ??
I'm not sure that we have ever seen such inept leadership in government and certainly not on such an important issue.

Our @friends@ in the EU mist be absolutely pissing themselves at just how poor we are.

The government started with no plan for Brexit and just a few months short of the big day, they are getting more and more disjointed.
Post Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:59 am
Posted by Leigh_Manning on Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:59 am

wrencat1873 wrote:
David Davies (Brexit Secretary) resigned, Tories in utter disarray, what chance of a deal now ??
I'm not sure that we have ever seen such inept leadership in government and certainly not on such an important issue.

Our @friends@ in the EU mist be absolutely pissing themselves at just how poor we are.

The government started with no plan for Brexit and just a few months short of the big day, they are getting more and more disjointed.

they didn't think they needed a plan, all sane people wanted to remain, only the racist over 60's voted leave.

I agree, it is an utter shambles and May has proven she couldn't lead a dog, let alone a country.

I wonder how much Chequers would bring on the open market, because it's of zero value to the country.

I have, for a long time, been a conservative, but now I just think all politics is the preserve of self serving individuals.
Post Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:07 am
Posted by King Street Cat on Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:07 am
King Street Cat User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 228
Rep Position: 111th / 77,892

Quiz Score: 268

Leigh_Manning wrote:
I just think all politics is the preserve of self serving individuals.

UK politics is in a real mess. There is a golden opportunity for someone to step forward and make themselves the hero, but as you said, the self-serving attitude within will be weighing up the potential losses of this undertaking. They may single-handedly save the country, but on the other hand they may lose their personal perks. It's a tough one.
"Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him."
Post Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:17 am
Posted by Leigh_Manning on Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:17 am

King Street Cat wrote:
UK politics is in a real mess. There is a golden opportunity for someone to step forward and make themselves the hero, but as you said, the self-serving attitude within will be weighing up the potential losses of this undertaking. They may single-handedly save the country, but on the other hand they may lose their personal perks. It's a tough one.

We need a peaceful equivalent of Guido Fawkes, kick them all out and get REAL people into power, but it will never happen, tbe system is corrupt, has been for centuries.
Post Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:39 am
Posted by Canoeman on Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:39 am
Canoeman User avatar

Reputation Points: 47
Rep Position: 257th / 77,892

wrencat1873 wrote:

Just a casual observation from someone watching far away...unbiased.
The thing has been totally mismanaged with no though out constructive plan....is tuning into a complete ___ up...time to hit the pause button and reassess....
Is a total mess already....
Post Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:25 am
Posted by Bullseye on Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:25 am
Bullseye User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 949
Rep Position: 5th / 77,892

Quiz Score: 392

You can't negotiate with the EU when you're still negotiating with your own party.

She'll either try and ignore the Brexiters and press on with Norway-lite if the EU go along with it or she'll get forced out and then we could end up with anything.
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.
Post Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:20 pm
Posted by The Devil's Advocate on Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:20 pm
The Devil's Advocate User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 129
Rep Position: 179th / 77,892

Quiz Score: 308

So, the Cabinet all toddle along to Chequers where the Maybot say's "back my new plan or you're out on your ear". They all then scamper home & whine & moan followed by Davies's resignation!

What a spineless bunch of illegitimate's they are.

So now we have a watered down membership option or a Dickensian utopia - brilliant, congratulations to Cameron right down to the knuckle-draggers who believed the hype.
The E.R.G. - The real enemies of the people.

#stoptherightwingcoup.

Time to die in the ditch bully boy, but take the "Puppet Master" Cummings with you.
Post Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:02 pm
Posted by bren2k on Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:02 pm
bren2k User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 628
Rep Position: 18th / 77,892

Davis has done the first useful thing he's ever managed, by being May's Geoffrey Howe - she'll be gone within a week. God knows what we'll be left with - probably one of Johnson, Gove or Rees-Mogg - but all of that requires time on manoeuvres, which is yet more time they're not negotiating with the EU.

It's an absolute clusterfuck - a group of self-serving old Etonians have savaged democracy, divided the country and undermined the economy, all for the sake of their interminable one-upping of each other; but I guess it's all jolly-japes when the outcome has no bearing on your personally. It's a total embarrassment - and if any tory supporting Brexiteer fancies attempting to polish this particular turd, best of luck with that.
Post Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:08 pm
Posted by Leigh_Manning on Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:08 pm

The Devil's Advocate wrote:
So, the Cabinet all toddle along to Chequers where the Maybot say's "back my new plan or you're out on your ear". They all then scamper home & whine & moan followed by Davies's resignation!

What a spineless bunch of illegitimate's they are.

So now we have a watered down membership option or a Dickensian utopia - brilliant, congratulations to Cameron right down to the knuckle-draggers who believed the hype.

a bit like paying the bills but not living in the house, like a normal divorce!

pathetic, on all sides
PreviousNext