WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Brexit Anyone? (2)

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Sin Bin Brexit Anyone? (2)

Off-topic discussion.
Re: Brexit Anyone? (2) Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:18 pm  

Leigh_Manning Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Thu May 31, 2018 5:44 am
Posts: 287
Bullseye wrote:
It's going to be interesting. Can't kick the can any further down the road now.

it seems to be lost in the long grass!
Re: Brexit Anyone? (2) Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:48 am  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 14697
David Davies (Brexit Secretary) resigned, Tories in utter disarray, what chance of a deal now ??
I'm not sure that we have ever seen such inept leadership in government and certainly not on such an important issue.

Our @friends@ in the EU mist be absolutely pissing themselves at just how poor we are.

The government started with no plan for Brexit and just a few months short of the big day, they are getting more and more disjointed.
Re: Brexit Anyone? (2) Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:59 am  

Leigh_Manning Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Thu May 31, 2018 5:44 am
Posts: 287
wrencat1873 wrote:
David Davies (Brexit Secretary) resigned, Tories in utter disarray, what chance of a deal now ??
I'm not sure that we have ever seen such inept leadership in government and certainly not on such an important issue.

Our @friends@ in the EU mist be absolutely pissing themselves at just how poor we are.

The government started with no plan for Brexit and just a few months short of the big day, they are getting more and more disjointed.

they didn't think they needed a plan, all sane people wanted to remain, only the racist over 60's voted leave.

I agree, it is an utter shambles and May has proven she couldn't lead a dog, let alone a country.

I wonder how much Chequers would bring on the open market, because it's of zero value to the country.

I have, for a long time, been a conservative, but now I just think all politics is the preserve of self serving individuals.
Re: Brexit Anyone? (2) Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:07 am  
King Street Cat User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:49 am
Posts: 4315
Location: WF4
Leigh_Manning wrote:
I just think all politics is the preserve of self serving individuals.


UK politics is in a real mess. There is a golden opportunity for someone to step forward and make themselves the hero, but as you said, the self-serving attitude within will be weighing up the potential losses of this undertaking. They may single-handedly save the country, but on the other hand they may lose their personal perks. It's a tough one.
"Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him."
Re: Brexit Anyone? (2) Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:17 am  

Leigh_Manning Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Thu May 31, 2018 5:44 am
Posts: 287
King Street Cat wrote:
UK politics is in a real mess. There is a golden opportunity for someone to step forward and make themselves the hero, but as you said, the self-serving attitude within will be weighing up the potential losses of this undertaking. They may single-handedly save the country, but on the other hand they may lose their personal perks. It's a tough one.

We need a peaceful equivalent of Guido Fawkes, kick them all out and get REAL people into power, but it will never happen, tbe system is corrupt, has been for centuries.
Re: Brexit Anyone? (2) Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:39 am  

User avatarCanoeman wrote:
Canoeman User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Tue May 29, 2018 11:04 pm
Posts: 441
Location: Deep Dark Boreal Forest
wrencat1873 wrote:
David Davies (Brexit Secretary) resigned, Tories in utter disarray, what chance of a deal now ??
I'm not sure that we have ever seen such inept leadership in government and certainly not on such an important issue.

Our @friends@ in the EU mist be absolutely pissing themselves at just how poor we are.

The government started with no plan for Brexit and just a few months short of the big day, they are getting more and more disjointed.

Just a casual observation from someone watching far away...unbiased.
The thing has been totally mismanaged with no though out constructive plan....is tuning into a complete ___ up...time to hit the pause button and reassess....
Is a total mess already....
Re: Brexit Anyone? (2) Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:25 am  

User avatarBullseye wrote:
Bullseye User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 29744
Location: The Corridor of Uncertainty
You can't negotiate with the EU when you're still negotiating with your own party.

She'll either try and ignore the Brexiters and press on with Norway-lite if the EU go along with it or she'll get forced out and then we could end up with anything.
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.
Re: Brexit Anyone? (2) Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:20 pm  
The Devil's Advocate User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:09 pm
Posts: 3753
Location: In the seaside town ...that they forgot to bomb
So, the Cabinet all toddle along to Chequers where the Maybot say's "back my new plan or you're out on your ear". They all then scamper home & whine & moan followed by Davies's resignation!

What a spineless bunch of illegitimate's they are.

So now we have a watered down membership option or a Dickensian utopia - brilliant, congratulations to Cameron right down to the knuckle-draggers who believed the hype.
Dominic Cummings & The E.R.G. - The real enemies of the people.

Liam Fox 2017: “The free trade agreement that we will have to do with the European Union should be one of the easiest in human history.”
Re: Brexit Anyone? (2) Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:02 pm  

User avatarbren2k wrote:
bren2k User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:32 pm
Posts: 15521
Location: Ossett
Davis has done the first useful thing he's ever managed, by being May's Geoffrey Howe - she'll be gone within a week. God knows what we'll be left with - probably one of Johnson, Gove or Rees-Mogg - but all of that requires time on manoeuvres, which is yet more time they're not negotiating with the EU.

It's an absolute clusterfuck - a group of self-serving old Etonians have savaged democracy, divided the country and undermined the economy, all for the sake of their interminable one-upping of each other; but I guess it's all jolly-japes when the outcome has no bearing on your personally. It's a total embarrassment - and if any tory supporting Brexiteer fancies attempting to polish this particular turd, best of luck with that.
Re: Brexit Anyone? (2) Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:08 pm  

Leigh_Manning Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Thu May 31, 2018 5:44 am
Posts: 287
The Devil's Advocate wrote:
So, the Cabinet all toddle along to Chequers where the Maybot say's "back my new plan or you're out on your ear". They all then scamper home & whine & moan followed by Davies's resignation!

What a spineless bunch of illegitimate's they are.

So now we have a watered down membership option or a Dickensian utopia - brilliant, congratulations to Cameron right down to the knuckle-draggers who believed the hype.

a bit like paying the bills but not living in the house, like a normal divorce!

pathetic, on all sides
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Kelvin's Ferret, wotsupcas and 46 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to The Sin Bin


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,087,2681,17378,2964,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!



X