0510 1520 2530
Signature
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.

Re: Hull KR Partnership : Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:24 pm  
Captain Charisma wrote:
I think some Halifax fans are slightly over estimating their own players/under estimating the Hull KR squad to suggest that there aren't many players that would get into the Halifax team from the roster of full time Super League professionals that Hull KR have.

Obviously not accounting for injuries, every week there will likely be a few pretty good players that don't make the HKR 1st team squad that Chester will offer out to 'fax and Gateshead and despite the chuntering of some Halifax fans I'm very sure that they will be snapped up by your club as and when you need them. If your coach doesn't want them, they'll probably go Gateshead instead I guess. There seems to be a lot of doom and gloom about Dual Reg but it's not the end of your club is it? You won't be known as "Halifax Kingston Rovers" your wont have Red Robin as your theme tune and you won't have Rufus the Robin as your mascot!

For the average fan on the terrace, won't the only noticeable difference be that you sometimes loan players from us?

How very condescending of you. Sums it up really. :-(
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach2899
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 27 200420 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Sep 21 22:1711th Sep 21 22:07LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Hull KR Partnership : Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:27 pm  
Hudd-Shay wrote:
How very condescending of you. Sums it up really. :-(

How so?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6698No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 24 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
31st Mar 17 06:4010th Feb 17 18:05LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
And Behold, a pale horse. And on his back his name was death.

The weekend starts on a Monday.

Re: Hull KR Partnership : Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:39 pm  
Captain Charisma wrote:
How so?

It's not at all,
Just go back over the posts on this forum to see where he is coming from.
Lowest point of our 140 year history.
Crowds below 1000 before the end of the season.
I'm never going again prefer to walk in the dales.
Whatever the rights and wrongs its a decision which our board and management consider the best way forward and as I have said before if that's what they think then we owe it to them to accept and support it.
I think early on on this topic someone suggested that this decision may have been forced on us by results last season and this was quickly shot down, however think about it, not finishing 2nd, prize money, dwindling gates due to poor play and even worse result, gate money = less revenue than required.
Every one is entitled to there opinion of course but please give it a year.
Walking away is no answer, crowds below 1000 my ar-e, entertaining rugby, winning and even losing with style will bring the crowds back. Most supporters who have drifted away over the last few years I suspect couldn't give a rats ar-e about D/R entertainment is what brings crowds in.
I respectfully think that slating this decision is disrespectful to our board and sponsors who put more money into OUR club than we do. After all they must know more about the financial side of it than we do?
If you can't give it that year then please put your suggestions forward as to an alternative that would in your opinion ease the financial constraints we have and how we could compete at a level our board, our management and our supporters wish for.
As like my best friend Makingplans4nigel v2 I too haven't felt so positive before a season in years.
Up the Fax.
I await :SHOOT:
:DANCE:
Last edited by halifaxjohn on Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RankPostsTeam
International Star4636
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20 201212 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
30th Jan 16 11:0029th Jan 16 20:38LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Hull KR Partnership : Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:44 pm  
Starbug wrote:
If as some are requesting, your board do attempt to explain this decision better, they tell it as it is, rather than the garbage our CEO at that time came out with

The truth can hurt, but its better than bull

So why did Leigh enter into a partnership with Wigan :ASK:
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2077No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 02 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th Jan 18 23:1311th Jan 18 23:13LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Hull KR Partnership : Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:47 pm  
Again as far as Netherton is concerned I do not have the answer you want. As I understand, his involvement was agreed between the two coaches. I suggest you email your coach

Ist bad enough having DRs but why I fail to see is why Fax Need to share things with Hull Kingston Rovers. This bit from the Hull Daily Mail is what concerns me way more and has nothing really to do with Dual regs and the coaches.http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Hull-KR- ... story.html

Having confirmed his retirement from playing, former Rovers player Jason Netherton will take on a role of Partnership Liaison Officer as part of this link-up. One of his responsibilities will be to increase levels of participation in rugby league in Hull, Halifax and the North East

Off the field, there will be a joint scouting network between schools and amateur clubs in each location, with young players given an opportunity to gain a contract at their relevant level.

Can somebody please explain why the Club feels the Need to go into partnership with this. As said Halifax has one of the best Areas for Quality and quantity of Juniors playing the game. We have Ambler and Watene going in to Schools. So why is Jason Netherton joining in and is there an Agreement with the loacal Clubs about this?

TLBC, I went to both forums and DR was mentioned at both. Indeed at the first Neil Arbor voiced a very strong opinion against it which some in the room agreed with and others were not so anti. Indeed when it came up at the second meeting Neil made a point of saying he had had a bit of a rethink. So it was mentioned. As regards the U20's my understanding is we couldn't afford to keep it going Marshall mentioned something about keeping some of the talent together as a training squad? Not sure how that will work. I have no link with the Board etc but just wanted to clarify.

Why cant we just loan Players instead of the DR route? And for me the DR is not really my main concern the bit above is. Why was this mentioned in the Hull papers and on the Hull KR Website but not on the Fax Website or the Evening Courier website? For me Hull KR will gain far more than Fax out of this and indeed any Players will go to Hull KR first instead of Fax under this joing scouting Business. Sorry but I am not happy and Thing its something that should be talked about. The Dual reg is something I dont agree with but can understand to a Point but the partnership is a big step further.
Again as far as Netherton is concerned I do not have the answer you want. As I understand, his involvement was agreed between the two coaches. I suggest you email your coach

Ist bad enough having DRs but why I fail to see is why Fax Need to share things with Hull Kingston Rovers. This bit from the Hull Daily Mail is what concerns me way more and has nothing really to do with Dual regs and the coaches.http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Hull-KR- ... story.html

Having confirmed his retirement from playing, former Rovers player Jason Netherton will take on a role of Partnership Liaison Officer as part of this link-up. One of his responsibilities will be to increase levels of participation in rugby league in Hull, Halifax and the North East

Off the field, there will be a joint scouting network between schools and amateur clubs in each location, with young players given an opportunity to gain a contract at their relevant level.

Can somebody please explain why the Club feels the Need to go into partnership with this. As said Halifax has one of the best Areas for Quality and quantity of Juniors playing the game. We have Ambler and Watene going in to Schools. So why is Jason Netherton joining in and is there an Agreement with the loacal Clubs about this?

TLBC, I went to both forums and DR was mentioned at both. Indeed at the first Neil Arbor voiced a very strong opinion against it which some in the room agreed with and others were not so anti. Indeed when it came up at the second meeting Neil made a point of saying he had had a bit of a rethink. So it was mentioned. As regards the U20's my understanding is we couldn't afford to keep it going Marshall mentioned something about keeping some of the talent together as a training squad? Not sure how that will work. I have no link with the Board etc but just wanted to clarify.

Why cant we just loan Players instead of the DR route? And for me the DR is not really my main concern the bit above is. Why was this mentioned in the Hull papers and on the Hull KR Website but not on the Fax Website or the Evening Courier website? For me Hull KR will gain far more than Fax out of this and indeed any Players will go to Hull KR first instead of Fax under this joing scouting Business. Sorry but I am not happy and Thing its something that should be talked about. The Dual reg is something I dont agree with but can understand to a Point but the partnership is a big step further.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member16601No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 16 200222 years293rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Mar 24 11:1225th Nov 23 20:25LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Hull KR Partnership : Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:52 pm  
salfordlad wrote:
So why did Leigh enter into a partnership with Wigan :ASK:

Because they slashed the squad cost and potentially didn't have enough players as they wouldn't put a bean in imo
RankPostsTeam
International Star4636
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20 201212 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
30th Jan 16 11:0029th Jan 16 20:38LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Hull KR Partnership : Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:02 pm  
Correct.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6698No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 24 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Hull KR Partnership : Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:05 pm  
Been away so didn't see this, but isn't that what I tried to say above,
put emotions aside, give it a year.
Could have been me saying that.
:DANCE: :DANCE:
“Richard does not have to use it, but if he wants to use it, or needs to use it because of injuries, there is a group of players he can call on,” said Croad, who said he expected “to get some flak” over the deal.

“I think people need to put aside their emotions and look at this as a business decision.

“There’s a massive hurdle we have to clear on the field next year and we need to use all the means at our disposal to try and do that.

“This is a lot more than just a playing agreement; Hull KR have made the journey we want to make from Championship to established Super League club and there’s a lot we can learn from their experience.

“All I would ask is that people don’t judge it now, but wait and judge it at the end of the season.”
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6698No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 24 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Hull KR Partnership : Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:14 pm  
Hudd-Shay wrote:
Keith....Would you accept going DR with Hull FC?

None post both are in Super League, for now.
Try lemonade.
Mmmmm.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator2556No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 18 200321 years277th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Mar 24 15:0129th Feb 24 23:45LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"Let only those who enter do so with pride and the determination to uphold the traditions of the club".

//www.FaxFans.co.uk
//www.halifaxrlfc.co.uk

Halifax Tag RL. Interested in playing? Visit //www.pitchero.com/clubs/halifaxcommunityrugbyleague/

Re: Hull KR Partnership : Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:59 pm  
littlerich wrote:
Losing to Cawoods, almost getting relegated AGAIN in 2004, Going cap in hand to RL fans with a bucket appeal; there's far far far worse things have happened than yesterday's announcement. Personally I don't like it. Personally I think it will fizzle out with a whimper after having little or no effect on our overall performance in the next couple of years. For Nat to say that this is the LOWEST point in our 140 year history is THE most ridiculous statement I've ever read. Either he's being a pantomime drama queen or he has no idea of our history whatsoever.

I have no problem at all with people's distaste for this and if people choose to stay away because of it then that's their business. It's their money, it's their choice but when people are making daft statements like the one Nat made then I believe it does a great injustice to those working hard behind the scenes - for nothing, giving up their free time. To say that all this, and what these people are trying to do is the lowest point in our entire history is a complete insult - in my opinion.

Dual Registration has never existed to help the lower division team, it was not created for that purpose and it can never be modified to fulfil that purpose. It exists to allow SL teams to save money and develop their youngsters elsewhere. When you find yourself believing that RM will be able to pick and choose the players ask yourself this; what is in it for Hull KR? They will be paying Netherton's wages and I suspect a fee to ourselves. Why would they pay for a partnership on our terms. They have been behind other SL teams in youth development and are desperately playing catch up, this partnership allows them to do that.

Getting relegated is bad, giving up on your players before the season has begun is worse. We were a club looking to regain a place amongst the elite. We are now a club looking to help Hull KR better their place amongst the elite. Look at it with whatever rose coloured glasses you want to, it is fact. A Hull KR reserve/feeder club loosing to Cawoods would not be so embarrassing. We are now exactly that. I couldn't care less who I insult as they have insulted the history of this club. We have made a big song and dance over the last several years about being refused a franchise, how pathetic and foolish does that look now. Working hard and giving up your spare time is rendered worthless if you make the wrong decisions.
PreviousNext