FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

Current LIVE TV Match : St.Helens 13 - 12 Huddersfield Giants LIVE ON SKY SPORTS Full Time.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - The City of Wakefield Community Stadium
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman35941
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 13 200420 years16th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Apr 24 16:0124th Apr 24 16:01LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
SUPPORT SWAG...

Re: The City of Wakefield Community Stadium : Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:44 pm  
newgroundb4cas wrote:
Councillor Box the main man, cas season ticket holder will put every obstacle he can infront of us. Who can we get in touch with to speed anything up TRB? Or are we just waiting and keep feed good news to keep us all going every year?

If he knew that don't you think he'd tell us, for heavens sake man get a grip. As for you Box paranoia I think you will find if you bothered to read threads properly it is a wee bit more complex than that. Do us all a favour and post more sensibly or keep quiet on this issue. Ta.
TRB 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10926
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 18 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Dec 21 22:5121st Feb 19 13:49LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"Wakefields Sporting Crusader"

For the latest details on the Stadium for Wakefield campaign, log onto //www.swag-online.co.uk

For the latest details on the Supporters Trust, log onto //wakefield.rlfans.com

Re: The City of Wakefield Community Stadium : Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:58 pm  
vastman wrote:
If he knew that don't you think he'd tell us, for heavens sake man get a grip. As for you Box paranoia I think you will find if you bothered to read threads properly it is a wee bit more complex than that. Do us all a favour and post more sensibly or keep quiet on this issue. Ta.

There is no need to speed anyone up just now - in fact it would be counter-productive in the current circumstances.

Peter Box, like all of us, has made mistakes, but reminding him of them doesn't help our situation.

We have to try and keep everyone focused on what we came into this for and not on points scoring - which will get us nowhere.

I hope we can sit down with all those involved one day and share a drink to celebrate what we have achieved - one day!
RankPostsTeam
International Star5116
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 23 201410 years86th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Apr 24 07:2824th Apr 24 19:29LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: The City of Wakefield Community Stadium : Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:54 pm  
8)
cosmicat wrote:
IMO if we want to see trinity in major cup finals, play off games ,going head on against the likes of South Sydney ,Melbourne storm and the likes great new stadium and facilities attracts top quality players if we stay as we are where going to be fighting relegation year in out that's how important the fight for a new stadium is !!!!!!

New stadiums do not attract great players money does. New stadiums are not guarantees of increased crowds look at Salford. If we followed this theory Doncaster should now be in SL with a team of stars.
New stadiums are not the panacea to solve all problems, I like Belle Vue and with a little work could be turned into a more than acceptable facility plus it's location as always generated more walking supporters from around the city than any modern out of town stadiums can.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1559No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 14 20149 years274th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Sep 23 04:368th Feb 23 06:40LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: The City of Wakefield Community Stadium : Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:57 pm  
OK money is a big factor but quality players will put off with bellvue in the state its in .sorry but a little work wont be good enough me it needs demolishing and rebuilt
RankPostsTeam
International Star4999
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 07 201410 years97th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Apr 24 16:3514th Apr 24 10:47LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: The City of Wakefield Community Stadium : Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:09 pm  
cosmicat wrote:
OK money is a big factor but quality players will put off with bellvue in the state its in .sorry but a little work wont be good enough me it needs demolishing and rebuilt

The two issues are very much the same,

Sponsors are put off by Belle Vue!

Sponsors are attracted by modern stadia and corporate facilities that offer them and their clients a 21st century experience.

With more and bigger sponsors comes more money and hence the ability to buy better players who are more likely to provide success.

More success attracts more sponsors . . .

and so on
TRB 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10926
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 18 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

For the latest details on the Stadium for Wakefield campaign, log onto //www.swag-online.co.uk

Re: The City of Wakefield Community Stadium : Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:54 pm  
I think there are feasible solutions at either BV or NM. Both could be the answer to our situation. Both have difficulties which we are working around, which is why we can't, as yet, rule either out.

I prefer NM, not because I don't love BV, but because I think it will work better as a business. I know many don't, and we are trying to make any decision based on the best opportunity for the club, the fans and the City - whichever way it goes!
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1559No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 14 20149 years274th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Sep 23 04:368th Feb 23 06:40LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: The City of Wakefield Community Stadium : Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:24 am  
Corporate facilities are ecential in modern day sport sponsers want full exposure in new or update stadia there financial backing is important to the whole club both on and off the field sponsors run a mile at sight of bellvue as it stands now
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman35941
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 13 200420 years16th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Apr 24 16:0124th Apr 24 16:01LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
SUPPORT SWAG...

Re: The City of Wakefield Community Stadium : Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:59 am  
cosmicat wrote:
Corporate facilities are ecential in modern day sport sponsers want full exposure in new or update stadia there financial backing is important to the whole club both on and off the field sponsors run a mile at sight of bellvue as it stands now

I differ with TRB in that I feel BV is the better option - however as a fellow founders of SWAG we both agree either option is preferable to nothing and both well managed could be a success.

That said I feel I must state that the point you make is a bit of a cliche. As a stadium anorak I can say fairly confidently that all the new Stadia built since the implementation of the Taylor Report on Hillsborough have been something of a mixed bag in terms of success. Some have helped to create a golden future others have taken once great clubs to their knees.

There is certainly no evidence that new stadiums increase sponsorship revenue by themselves. Only the teams who have been successful on the pitch have really benefited long term from the increased potential sponsorship opportunities new stadiums offer. Ditto crowd figures.

I can say without hesitation that a spruced up fit for purpose BV with a great team would be rocking and sponsors would be everywhere. A poor team playing at a state of the art NM would see a desolate two thirds empty stadium where few sponsors would wish to tread. The only scenario in which NM would be a clear winner is if success on the field happened almost instantly which in turn would win over the doubters in the limited time frame before they found a reason not to go.
There is a certain loyalty and force of habit with BV that simply doesn't exist with NM and as I just said there is a very limited time period to change that around.

Despite a personal love for stadium design I think that the obsession with new stadiums and facilities in recent years has overshadowed the truth that most people only really care about results and if they don't get them then even the finest stadium in the world is just a glorified place to park your bum and people lose interest in that activity very easily.

Oddly Manchester is the place to look and see how both ways can work.

Old Trafford is an old ground in the wrong place etc .etc… but it's been redeveloped as well as possible and it resonates success, prestige and history.

The Ethiad is virtually brand new and at first was a flop but luckily due to a massive cash injection in the team to which the availability of a SOA stadium was a huge incentive it's now fast becoming an iconic stadium in it's own right.

Sadly this is not always the case for new stadiums.
TRB 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10926
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 18 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: The City of Wakefield Community Stadium : Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:38 am  
vastman wrote:
I differ with TRB in that I feel BV is the better option - however as a fellow founders of SWAG we both agree either option is preferable to nothing and both well managed could be a success.

That said I feel I must state that the point you make is a bit of a cliche. As a stadium anorak I can say fairly confidently that all the new Stadia built since the implementation of the Taylor Report on Hillsborough have been something of a mixed bag in terms of success. Some have helped to create a golden future others have taken once great clubs to their knees.

There is certainly no evidence that new stadiums increase sponsorship revenue by themselves. Only the teams who have been successful on the pitch have really benefited long term from the increased potential sponsorship opportunities new stadiums offer. Ditto crowd figures.

I can say without hesitation that a spruced up fit for purpose BV with a great team would be rocking and sponsors would be everywhere. A poor team playing at a state of the art NM would see a desolate two thirds empty stadium where few sponsors would wish to tread. The only scenario in which NM would be a clear winner is if success on the field happened almost instantly which in turn would win over the doubters in the limited time frame before they found a reason not to go.
There is a certain loyalty and force of habit with BV that simply doesn't exist with NM and as I just said there is a very limited time period to change that around.

Despite a personal love for stadium design I think that the obsession with new stadiums and facilities in recent years has overshadowed the truth that most people only really care about results and if they don't get them then even the finest stadium in the world is just a glorified place to park your bum and people lose interest in that activity very easily.

Oddly Manchester is the place to look and see how both ways can work.

Old Trafford is an old ground in the wrong place etc .etc… but it's been redeveloped as well as possible and it resonates success, prestige and history.

The Ethiad is virtually brand new and at first was a flop but luckily due to a massive cash injection in the team to which the availability of a SOA stadium was a huge incentive it's now fast becoming an iconic stadium in it's own right.

Sadly this is not always the case for new stadiums.

That's a fair appraisal - although sometimes the difference between success and failure is harder to understand.

The Galpharm still suffers from the legacy of having a third rate team in a first class stadium (and here I mean the second division side). That was made worse by artificially maintaining them in SL when relegation would have been far better for them. They now have a fabulous squad and great offers, yet still it doesn't quite get to the hearts of the local population.

Wire were in the middle of building slowly. Their community work was vital in making the stadium a success when the team was not then quite so. The transition from old to new was brilliantly managed - much to learn maybe!

Salford is a decent stadium, but hindered by years of financial crisis and broken promises - then moving to a stadium with half built infrastructure, leading to traffic issues (we didn't have any as we parked the other side of the motorway and walked on advice). It will take some doing to associate the stadium with success in the long term and Koucash will need the patience of a saint and very, very deep pockets!

Wigan have had times when they struggled in that stadium - but there is no finer site than that stadium when it is close to full. Incredibly, their crowds went up when they were in a relegation battle - explain that???

Hull have had the sniff of success, but far from sustained. Their stadium is just magnificent and the crowds were about double right from opening.

Saints - well its a bit big and open for me and they don't get the crowds that club deserves, but I think they will go ok in there.

For us - if we move the NM I see the benefit as being more on the non-RL related stuff - corporate hires / sponsors etc, purely from its vicinity to the motorway. Its a clean start, we can play new layouts, have decent parking, be easily accessible to away fans and hopefully generate business that isn't just related to success on the field. BV offers romance - a love in! I would hope, if we stay, to try and maintain some of the features and the feel of the place and reflect its heritage. I wouldn't, per se, want a Halton stadium which, whilst very nice and functional, doesn't remind me one iota of the old Naughton Park.

As I say, I know preferences differ - but we can make either work - if we can get to that point.

However, until someone can convince us that we can cross ALL of the hurdles involved in staying at BV, we will hold onto what we have promised at NM.

Interesting times.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5286No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 05 200717 years297th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
14th Oct 23 10:5314th Oct 23 10:53LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
UP THE TRIN !!!!

Re: The City of Wakefield Community Stadium : Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:00 pm  
So where are we now Rodney,council and trust are negotiating with York court? Funny how we have ended up negotiating when I have a 1 giant trade centre opposite my house.
PreviousNext