Jun 18 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Dec 21 22:5121st Feb 19 13:49LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"Wakefields Sporting Crusader"

For the latest details on the Stadium for Wakefield campaign, log onto //www.swag-online.co.uk

For the latest details on the Supporters Trust, log onto //wakefield.rlfans.com

Re: The City of Wakefield Community Stadium : Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:54 am  
bren2k wrote:
Foot-stamping in response to people's cynicism isn't very helpful; especially when the cynicism is aimed at everyone other than the volunteers doing the hard work.

It would certainly help if more information were forthcoming - there are a lot of oblique statements and platitudes in response to genuine questions, but no hard facts; and you're not helped by the fact that the bigger players in this are maintaining a stoney silence - Sir Rodney Walker and the club itself are absent from any discussions for example, which seems strange. The only protagonist to have made their position clear is WMDC, and Cllr Box was unequivocal in his dismissal of the whole project.

You can't blame people for surmising that things don't look good.

And similarly, you can't blame us for being human! You cut us, we bleed, but here we are, sticking our necks out to say that things are happening and no-one wants to listen! I understand that, but here's the rub:

We can't tell you why we can't tell you about what we can't tell you!

It's as simple as that! I have tried to impart what I can and at times I've overdone it and the feedback from what I've put does get back to people - hence my earlier post directed towards Peter!

Things are changing, it may not happen in weeks, but I suspect something will come out in the next few months, but I ain't going to risk what we might have as it may lead to a smile or 2 today but a lot of frowning and head scratching later as to where it all went wrong!

This I not about ego, or 'I know something you don't, nana nana', it's all about a delicate negotiating position, which will all be explained in time!

Question - do you trust us? If not, then we are not the right people and someone else should do this job, if you do, then try and show a little understanding for the position we are in - cos it's poop seeing posts telling us all there is no hope and we are doomed, when we are dealing with this directly and saying all is not lost!

For those who say we have nothing, I repeat again:

We have a site with PP
We have an agreement that states we get a stadium in return for PP
We hope to have ACV status in BV shortly

We don't have any money just now, but we have a great mentor in Sir Rodney, we are working closely with the club, we believe the council are under some pressure to assist and we can cause delays, if not rejections, on NM should we need to.

It may now seem corny, but it's true - Together we are Stronger - divided we are not.
TRB 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10926
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 18 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Dec 21 22:5121st Feb 19 13:49LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"Wakefields Sporting Crusader"

For the latest details on the Stadium for Wakefield campaign, log onto //www.swag-online.co.uk

For the latest details on the Supporters Trust, log onto //wakefield.rlfans.com

Re: The City of Wakefield Community Stadium : Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:11 am  
Theboyem wrote:
It can't though be cheap running a proposed development the size of NM. If Wakey are only paying a peppercorn rent as has previously quoted then where will the rest of the running costs come from given many of the potential users haven't got a spare two bob to rub together as i've mentioned above? I hope our business model is just 'build it and they will come', thats a sure fire way to ensure the financial problems stack up.

It was all costed through at the time. It wall need to be reviewed after such a long passage of time, but a new facility, with everything up to date and meeting all regulations, would cost less than the constant drip feed of money to keep BV going. Plus the rent demands of the current landlord are ridiculous!
RankPostsTeam
International Star4981
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 07 201410 years98th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 20:2323rd Mar 24 10:43LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: The City of Wakefield Community Stadium : Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:36 am  
Theboyem wrote:
Both Horbury and Ossett have invested in their sports facilities in recent times as part of their refurbs and others have likely done the same to differing degrees. Whilst they don't have all weather pitches most have large grassed areas fine for coaching RL and they will use this everytime, they are not going to be paying out to use some other facility, they just haven't got the money thanks to the government cuts.

The same would apply for local clubs. Many would probably love to use 21st century 3G facilities but will use their own ground and facilities purely down to it being cheaper for them to do so. I don't know the figures but with rising insurance costs, rate and rental costs and the amount of kit needed i would imagine it isn't cheap to run an amateur club these days. Is anyone actually signed up to use them?

My question and worry would be how much would the trust be charging for the use of the facilities at NM? They can't just let them use it for nothing, they have to make enough money to pay its way and that won't be cheap on a large complex like the one initially planned. Do the figures stack up or will it end up becoming a noose around its neck, racking up the debts until it is no longer viable? Would a basic plan of a couple of basic pitches up there with changing facilities etc and a refurb of BV be a better option all round? That would be my choice now.

I don't want to get into a long protracted debate over this because it's slightly off topic but .

Horbury school was almost totally rebuilt about 10 years ago and as such their sports facilities are relatively new but they still don't have a running track, a full sized or even half size 3G which should have been included in any new build in the last 20 years.

Ossett have 3 Tennis court sized 3Gs which are OK for 5 aside football and small drills but are no good for whole team practice for sports like Rugby and football. Other than that their main changing rooms are the original ones from when the first sports block was built decades ago.

Crofton like Horbury is a relatively new build yet still doesn't have modern facilities and a full size 3G.

Wakefield City No
Cathedral No
Thomas a Becketts No
Kettlethorpe No

All the above have grass fields but some are a long walk from the main school block and the changing rooms. None have floodlighting so the grass fields are no good during the winter due to poor light not to mention the mud, frost or standing water due to poor drainage.

It goes without saying that none of the schools have barns with indoor 3Gs, in fact the only indoor options for most are Victorian age sports halls that have seen better days, one or two schools excepted ie Outwood.

Like I said earlier, Municipal facilities in Wakefield are beyond a joke, simply awfull in terms of provision with only Thornes Park Athletic track and the new swimming baths being the exception.

Schools facilities are very poor in comparison with schools from other Districts across the country.

Professional sports stadia and training facilities are perhaps the poorest of any City hosting pro-sport across the country. Belle Vue is THE oldest RL stadium in the world and looks it (much as I love her). Wheldon Rd is no better and Featherstone despite improving massively is still well behind the likes of the LSV in terms of capacity, access, facilities, seating or any other facet you care to compare them by.

Ossett Town and Ossett Albion are just about fit for the level they play at, Unibond D1 and Unibond Premier at a push.

Sandal RU have a small stadium which like the Ossett football clubs is just about fit for their level but wouldn't be accepted as appropriate should they gain a couple of promotions, they too do not have any 3G provision.

Wakefield Hockey Club at College Grove have by far the best facilities of any sport in Wakefield but they only achieved that by hosting one of the International teams during the 2012 Olypics which gave them access to funding, it was nothing to do with WMDC?

Peter Box and his Councillors need to be all over this embarrassing situation instead of hiding from it!

Yours Faithfully

Extremely Embarassed from Wakefield
Last edited by The Avenger on Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
JINJER 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7386
JoinedServiceReputation
May 03 200519 years272nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 23:5426th Mar 24 17:37LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Twitter...@GINGERWILDCAT

Re: The City of Wakefield Community Stadium : Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:38 am  
As TRB has replied and given his opinion, I'll give my disgruntled opinion. I've been involved in SWAG in a very very minor way compared with TRB, Vasty and Jack in the box, I get incredibly frustrated at the pace these things work, but also get frustrated at the apathy/cynicism, you only have to suggest to people on this forum to get involved and I'd guess 99% will have any excuse not to.
I'd love to but I'm too busy
I'd love to but I'm young and have other things to do.
I'd love to but I'm old
I'd love to but I live too far away.
Sorry but i've seen it all before.
Never have I made a suggestion of help and had a reply of, yeah good idea, what can I do.
So please, don't get irate when people like TRB and Sandal cat etc are working their butts off 'cos it really is irritating.
:?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3587
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 01 200717 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
30th Oct 19 18:3713th Aug 17 18:37LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
when this is built the beers on me :thumb:

Yorkshire by birth
Normanton
By grace of God

Re: The City of Wakefield Community Stadium : Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:43 am  
The Avenger wrote:
I don't want to get into a long protracted debate over this because it's slightly off topic but .

Horbury school was almost totally rebuilt about 10 years ago and as such their sports facilities are relatively new but they still don't have a running track, a full sized or even half size 3G which should have been included in any new build in the last 20 years.

Ossett have 3 Tennis court sized 3Gs which are OK for 5 aside football and small drills but are no good for whole team practice for sports like Rugby and football. Other than that their main changing rooms are the original ones from when the first sports block was built decades ago.

Crofton like Horbury is a relatively new build yet still doesn't have modern facilities and a full size 3G.

Wakefield City No
Cathedral No
Thomas a Becketts No
Kettlethorpe No

All the above have grass fields but some are a long walk from the main school block and the changing rooms. None have floodlighting so the grass fields are no good during the winter due to poor light not to mention the mud, frost or standing water due to poor drainage.

It goes without saying that none of the schools have barns with indoor 3Gs, in fact the only indoor options for most are Victorian age sports halls that have seen better days, one or two schools excepted ie Outwood.

Like I said earlier, Municipal facilities in Wakefield are beyond a joke, simply awfull in terms of provision with only Thornes Park Athletic track and the new swimming baths being the exception.

Schools facilities are very poor in comparison with schools from other Districts across the country.

Professional sports stadia and training facilities are perhaps the poorest of any pro sport across the country. Belle Vue is THE oldest RL stadium in the world and looks it (much as I love her). Wheldon Rd is no better and Featherstone despite improving massively is still well behind the likes of the LSV in terms of capacity, access, facilities, seating or any other facet you care to compare them by.

Ossett Town and Ossett Albion are just about fit for the level they play at, Unibond D1 and Unibond Premier at a push.

Sandal RU have a small stadium which like the Ossett football clubs is just about fit for their level but wouldn't be accepted as appropriate should they gain a couple of promotions, they too do not have any 3G provision.

Wakefield Hockey Club at College Grove have by far the best facilities of any sport in Wakefield but they only achieved that by hosting one of the International teams during the 2012 Olypics which gave them access to funding, it was nothing to do with WMDC?

Peter Box and his Councillors need to be all over this embarrassing situation instead of hiding from it!

Yours Faithfully

Extremely Embarassed from Wakefield

Well I work at Horbury Academy and I can tell you now we do have a half size all weather pitch, the Academy is 7 year old and for the running track this is marked down parker road fields when needed. Horbury has good sports facilities including a international sports hall and gym plus MUGA
RankPostsTeam
International Star4981
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 07 201410 years98th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: The City of Wakefield Community Stadium : Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:48 am  
Is the half sized all weather a 3G?
Is the running track right next to the school and is it tartan or even asphalt track or is it just lines marked in lime on a grass field
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5507No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 18 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
7th Nov 17 16:063rd Nov 17 15:58LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: The City of Wakefield Community Stadium : Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:40 am  
So what we are saying is the Wakefield area has plenty of perfectably acceptable sporting facilities bar a swanky new stadium (i notice a decision on Cas' will be made before the end of the year) and maybe a couple of 3G pitches which much of the target market for using these probably couldn't afford to anyway. Not that bad then really, glad you cleared that up.
RankPostsTeam
International Star4981
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 07 201410 years98th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: The City of Wakefield Community Stadium : Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:50 am  
Theboyem wrote:
So what we are saying is the Wakefield area has plenty of perfectably acceptable sporting facilities bar a swanky new stadium (i notice a decision on Cas' will be made before the end of the year) and maybe a couple of 3G pitches which much of the target market for using these probably couldn't afford to anyway. Not that bad then really, glad you cleared that up.

If that's what you think is being said then crack on and be happy about the Cities sporting provision.

What's actualy being said is that Wakefield is decades behind in terms of sporting provision whether it's Municipal, Educational or Professional.

I'm born and bred Wakefield and would love to be proud of the City in terms of its sporting prowess but the truth is our successes are historical. That isn't likely to change unless we start providing fit for purpose facilities for the youth of our City and we do something to protect the Sports Clubs, Rugby & Football, that offer inspiration to young kids
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5507No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 18 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
7th Nov 17 16:063rd Nov 17 15:58LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: The City of Wakefield Community Stadium : Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:53 am  
The Avenger wrote:
If that's what you think is being said then crack on and be happy about the Cities sporting provision.

What's actualy being said is that Wakefield is decades behind in terms of sporting provision whether it's Municipal, Educational or Professional.

I'm born and bred Wakefield and would love to be proud of the City in terms of its sporting prowess but the truth is our successes are historical. That isn't likely to change unless we start providing fit for purpose facilities for the youth of our City and we do something to protect the Sports Clubs, Rugby & Football, that offer inspiration to young kids

Obviously it isn't perfect and could always be improved but neither is it as bleak as you make out, otherwise nobody would be taking part which patently is not the case. And who exactly is going to pay for all this fantastic sporting provision you so desperately desire? Please don't say the council, they are having to make cuts left right and centre as it is. Yes Yorkcourt should deliver on their promise and yes the council should be pushing them to do so but other than that given the constraints they have then other areas probably take priority right now. Anyway enough from me on this, it is boring me to tears. Ultimately it comes down to will YCP stick their hand in their pocket and pay their way. I hope so but i have a feeling they will continue to string this along, play us for fools and nothing will ever happen. Time will tell.
RankPostsTeam
International Star4981
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 07 201410 years98th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: The City of Wakefield Community Stadium : Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:16 pm  
Theboyem wrote:
Obviously it isn't perfect and could always be improved but neither is it as bleak as you make out, otherwise nobody would be taking part which patently is not the case. And who exactly is going to pay for all this fantastic sporting provision you so desperately desire? Please don't say the council, they are having to make cuts left right and centre as it is. Yes Yorkcourt should deliver on their promise and yes the council should be pushing them to do so but other than that given the constraints they have then other areas probably take priority right now. Anyway enough from me on this, it is boring me to tears. Ultimately it comes down to will YCP stick their hand in their pocket and pay their way. I hope so but i have a feeling they will continue to string this along, play us for fools and nothing will ever happen. Time will tell.

The point I'm making is that sports provision is poor, not none existant, it's very poor in comparison with other Cities, Towns and even smaller communities than that.

Why am I making this point,
Because Peter Box, despite Wakefield's poor sports provision, thinks it's not important enough to take his time up. He seems to think that Wakefield as a community can afford to have him, the Council Leader, shrug his shoulders and say "not my problem" in relation to YCPs wriggling out of their obligations.

That's my main point!
PreviousNext

Subject: 
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wakefield Trinity

RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
5m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
6m
Saints a
Cherry_&
8m
The Good Friday Derby Massacre
the cal trai
16m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
chapylad
20m
21 man Squads - Devils v Leopards
Septimius Se
20m
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Catalans Home
Wire n Steel
26m
Squad for Catalan
Alffi_7
45m
Fevround 2
Wollo-Wollo-
54m
Huddersfield - Home
Fartown58
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
TV Games - Not Hull
Steve0
21s
This weeks disciplinary
sir adrian m
26s
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
29s
Rd 6 I Cas A
Rockinhorse
41s
Smith - should he stay or should he go
Rocknrolla69
1m
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Week 6
deanos rhino
1m
Squad for Catalan
Alffi_7
1m
Jake Wardle 5 Year deal
Zig
1m
Dons v Swinton Lions 30 June 2024
Wanderer
1m
Catalan Dragons Ticket Question
Rixy
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
21 man Squads - Devils v Leopards
Septimius Se
TODAY
Squad for Catalan
Alffi_7
TODAY
The Wigan Way - New Podcast - Chairman Special
Jukesays
TODAY
Dons v Swinton Lions 30 June 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
Squad for Sheffield
AdamH
TODAY
London Away
Fartown58
TODAY
The Bulls away
Hudd-Shay
TODAY
The official Leon Hayes Thread
Alffi_7
TODAY
Saints a
Cherry_&
TODAY
Leon Ruan signs on loan
Jemmo
TODAY
Wardle
Jo Jumbuck
TODAY
Huddersfield - Home
Fartown58
TODAY
Max Wood on loan to Bradford 2 weeks
rubber ducki
TODAY
Jake Wardle 5 Year deal
Zig
TODAY
No grade A for 2025 for Trinity
Khlav Kalash
TODAY
Cup Quarter Final TV Arrangements
RLFANS News
TODAY
Rd 6 I Cas A
Rockinhorse
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Catalans Home
Wire n Steel
TODAY
Spare Tickets Friday
TODAY
RL Podcast
AgbriggAmble
TODAY
Challenge Cup
stpatricks
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Cup Quarter Final TV Arrangeme..
2024 Challenge Cup Quarter Fin..
Easy Does It For The Dragons A..
Warrington Demolish London For..
Leigh Leopards Beat Plucky Fea..
Saints Triumph Over Disappoint..
Easy Win for the Wolves Over L..
Dragons Condemn Castleford To ..
Leigh Leopards Secure First Po..
St Helens Tame The Rhinos To W..
Wigan Warriors Come From Behin..
Betfred Championship and Leagu..
2024 Challenge Cup Sixth Round..
Featherstone Win Extra Time Cu..
Dragons Triumph Over Hull FC t..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.57M 2,727 80,00114,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
National Rugby League 2024-R4
09:00
Sydney
v
Penrith
Mens Super League XXVIII-R6
20:00
Castleford
v
Leeds
 TOMORROW
Championship 2024-R2
18:00
Featherstone
v
Wakefield
 Sun 7th Apr
Championship 2024-R3
15:00
Doncaster
v
Wakefield
 Sun 12th May 2024
1895 Cup 2024-R5
Bradford
v
Wakefield
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Thu 28th Mar
SL
Castleford-Leeds
Fri 29th Mar
SL
12:30
Hull KR-Hull FC
SL
St.Helens-Wigan
Sat 30th Mar
SL
Warrington-Catalans
SL
17:30
Salford-Leigh
Sun 31st Mar
SL
LondonB-Huddersfield
L1
Oldham-Rochdale
Thu 4th Apr
SL
Leigh-Wigan
Fri 5th Apr
SL
Castleford-Salford
SL
Hull KR-LondonB
SL
Leeds-Warrington
Sat 6th Apr
SL
Hull FC-Huddersfield
SL
Catalans-St.Helens
Sat 13th Apr
CC2024
17:00
Hull KR-Leigh
Sun 14th Apr
CC2024
16:30
St.Helens-Warrington
Fri 19th Apr
SL
Leeds-Huddersfield
SL
St.Helens-Hull FC
SL
Wigan-Castleford
Sat 20th Apr
SL
Warrington-Leigh
SL
Catalans-Hull KR
Sun 24th Mar
CC2024 6 Halifax4-40Catalans
NRL 3 Parramatta28-24Manly
NRL 3 Newcastle14-12Melbourne
L1 1 Cornwall16-40Crusaders
L1 1 Keighley58-16Workington
L1 1 Midlands70-16Newcastle
L1 1 Rochdale24-26Hunslet
WOMCC2024 2 FeatherstoneW38-6Shef W
WOMCC2024 2 BarrowW18-20WiganW
WOMCC2024 2 LonB W6-24Wire W
WOMCC2024 2 HKR Wom0-90LeedsW
WOMCC2024 2 Lei L W6-36Hudds W
Sat 23rd Mar
CC2024 6 Batley14-28Castleford
CC2024 6 Huddersfield50-6Hull FC
CC2024 6 Leigh26-14Featherstone
CC2024 6 Warrington42-0LondonB
NRL 3 Canterbury32-0Gold Coast
NRL 3 St.George24-46NQL Cowboys
NRL 3 Wests36-6Cronulla
WOMCC2024 2 Card Wom58-0Sal W
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Warrington 5 156 58 98 8
Wigan 4 144 54 90 8
St.Helens 5 118 40 78 8
Catalans 5 126 54 72 8
Hull KR 5 98 63 35 6
Leeds 5 82 82 0 6

Salford 5 95 96 -1 6
Huddersfield 5 94 98 -4 4
Leigh 4 82 54 28 2
Hull FC 5 54 162 -108 2
Castleford 5 56 178 -122 0
LondonB 5 54 220 -166 0
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Widnes 1 44 8 36 2
Wakefield 1 42 12 30 2
Doncaster 1 36 20 16 2
Halifax 1 24 10 14 2
Featherstone 1 24 20 4 2
Sheffield 1 24 22 2 2

Whitehaven 1 18 16 2 2
Toulouse 1 22 24 -2 0
Swinton 1 16 18 -2 0
Batley 1 20 24 -4 0