FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - No More Arguments: Austerity is Working!
::Off-topic discussion.
BobbyD 
RankPostsTeam
International Star210No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 01 201310 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Feb 16 17:0818th Sep 15 09:59LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: No More Arguments: Austerity is Working! : Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:25 am  
Hull White Star wrote:
Of course they do when they prove with bank statements and official referals that they need it. Why do you chose to ignore the facts of how you actually get your 3 days worth of food? I know you're not thick, that just leaves the definition of a troll.

This guy didn't, of course he'll be the only one! Right?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... laims.html
Hull White Star wrote:
Of course they do when they prove with bank statements and official referals that they need it. Why do you chose to ignore the facts of how you actually get your 3 days worth of food? I know you're not thick, that just leaves the definition of a troll.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3605No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 09 201212 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
20th May 16 14:5420th May 16 10:16LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Someday everything is gonna be different, when I paint my masterpiece
----------------------------------------------------------
Online art gallery, selling original landscape artwork
JerryChicken - The Blog

Re: No More Arguments: Austerity is Working! : Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:07 pm  
BobbyD wrote:

So they sent a reporter to write a smear story about a Trussell Trust foodbank and he quickly realised that the only way they would give him a smidgen of a story is if he lied to create a persona and then go through the official channels - the rest of it is unsubstantiated gossip and exageration, for example he is "gifted £40 worth of food for three days and staggers out of the door laden down with bags", then have a look at the photo and the list of items and ask yourself if you'd be staggering out of the door with that lot, or indeed if it would all be sufficient for your invented wife and two children even just for three days.

Another poor example of a vindictive politically motivated news media outlet feeding a clientele with hatred - they couldn't even wait any longer than the second paragraph before spitting out the phrase "asylum seekers" to stoke the flames of vindictiveness, FFS its no coincidence that this newspaper fawned the Nazi Party in the 1930s.
BobbyD wrote:

So they sent a reporter to write a smear story about a Trussell Trust foodbank and he quickly realised that the only way they would give him a smidgen of a story is if he lied to create a persona and then go through the official channels - the rest of it is unsubstantiated gossip and exageration, for example he is "gifted £40 worth of food for three days and staggers out of the door laden down with bags", then have a look at the photo and the list of items and ask yourself if you'd be staggering out of the door with that lot, or indeed if it would all be sufficient for your invented wife and two children even just for three days.

Another poor example of a vindictive politically motivated news media outlet feeding a clientele with hatred - they couldn't even wait any longer than the second paragraph before spitting out the phrase "asylum seekers" to stoke the flames of vindictiveness, FFS its no coincidence that this newspaper fawned the Nazi Party in the 1930s.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach362No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 16 200816 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
20th Feb 16 16:5920th Feb 16 12:29LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: No More Arguments: Austerity is Working! : Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:56 pm  
Leaguefan wrote:
A comment that all right wing apologists bring forth when their own arguments are blown out of the water.
Of what, whom, do you believe or actually understand I am supposedly envious of?

The "welcomed improvement in the" economy of tax evasion, tax avoidance is doing well, as is the black economy. The so called UK economy is a joke. It is being run by non accountable people supported by a government who empathise with their aims. That right wingers who have not grasped that is the sad part.

The UK economy is a joke and the reason why it is can be traced back to the worst piece of social engineering ever created during peace time by that woman and her cronies.

The trouble is that right win apologists cannot or will not see that and lack the capacity to work out why it is. All they do is stick their fingers in their ears, sing la la la and hope things go away.

Oh, another point, please, for my edification, and possibly education, show me where I have been abusive?

But you have not attempted to put up any argument ....so no chance of even a slight headwind from your direction.

You just make left wing statements filled with hate and repetitive phrases that are backed up with no facts or figures, And of course you shout a lot with capital letters. All of whichb is perhaps why your comments are largely ignored.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach362No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 16 200816 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: No More Arguments: Austerity is Working! : Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:24 pm  
JerryChicken wrote:
To extract that quote in isolation I think you are being overly optimistic in your assumption that the continuing improvement in the economy which will eventually take the numbers back to what the economists say we were at in 2007, will necessarily mean "better times for all"..

So why take my quote out of context then? However the ONS with changing methodology and in time we will have a very different recession and recovery profile. We may even gain 5% in extra GDP! As stated in the ST "Growth in recent years looked implausibly weak when set against strong employment. The productivity puzzle may evaporate with data revisions and better measurement of the surging grey/black economy identified by Morgan Stanley."

The MS report is interesting it says that there is £45Bn more cash around than in 2007 and our black economy may well have jumped from 12% to 16%. Which suggests if true that the UK's output far from being lower than in 2007 is about 4% higher! Which is one answer to the productivity puzzle ie: the rise in the black economy means less work is being reported so it looks like productivity has fallen.

JerryChicken wrote:
Being in the business that I am in I know without contradiction that the workplace is an entirely different place to what it was pre-recession and there will be no will to change the accepted practices of low cost, untied labour by employers as their markets pick up again, indeed an improving market is all the more encouragement for the practice of letting an agency provide your shopfloor numbers rather than have the bother of doing it yourself, its cheaper and a hell of a lot more flexible..

But this should be no surprise as the excesses of the credit fueled pre crisis bonanza were unsustainable. Life is all about change not always for the better.

JerryChicken wrote:
All of which means that wage rates will be kept low for the majority of employees for a long time to come, kept low by a still fragile economy, kept low by the constant repetition of the inflation word but mainly kept low by the fact that you now have a middle man to provide for in your contract of employment, not only is your place of work trying to cut costs, so is your employer the middle man because believe me, the agencies are in the most cut throat business I have ever seen and contracts are won and lost on a weekly basis for the sake of one or two pence per hour..

But many are making up the difference on the black

JerryChicken wrote:
For an awful lot of people the feeling of job security is a thing of the past and will probably never return.

Nobody said life is fair! Before the crisis we were living above our means and now we are having to pay for it. Remind me on whose watch did this all come about?
RankPostsTeam
International Star3605No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 09 201212 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
20th May 16 14:5420th May 16 10:16LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Someday everything is gonna be different, when I paint my masterpiece
Online art gallery, selling original landscape artwork
JerryChicken - The Blog

Re: No More Arguments: Austerity is Working! : Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:25 pm  
I couldn't give a shoite who's watch anything happened on, everyone knows my opinions on politicians and my opinions on financial forecasters and investment "experts" are even lower, if they really knew anything of which they pontificate they'd be making a living out of backing their own opinions with hard cash rather than being employed by someone else to "predict".

I didn't take your quote out of context, I simply took a note of caution in the hope that better times were on the way for everyone, we are currently winding down the last 12 months towards the election and we will be receiving many upbeat "forecasts" between now and then, but we will all do well to note George Osborne and his cautious approach to bigging up the economy, he doesn't do it, in fact in speeches he does the opposite and warns of harder and deeper cuts to be made post 2015, he'll let the publicists and newspapers build up the feelgood factor - there are still some hard times to come and anyone who swallows what they are being told by the more compliant media without listening to Osborne are simple fools.
RankPostsTeam
International Star90No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 12 201310 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Apr 16 19:4422nd Jul 14 17:39LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: No More Arguments: Austerity is Working! : Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:09 pm  
BobbyD wrote:

I wondered which cheerleader would be first to spot that. Makes you proud of our press, no?

Here's another story from Conservative Central Office the Daily Fail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2608609/Families-left-broken-weeping-hunger-debt-Archbishop-Canterbury-say-struggling-families-ashamed-seek-help-food-banks-Easter-Sunday-Sermon.html

Feel free to attack the messenger rather than the message...
BobbyD wrote:

I wondered which cheerleader would be first to spot that. Makes you proud of our press, no?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2608609/Families-left-broken-weeping-hunger-debt-Archbishop-Canterbury-say-struggling-families-ashamed-seek-help-food-banks-Easter-Sunday-Sermon.html

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach362No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 16 200816 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: No More Arguments: Austerity is Working! : Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:44 pm  
JerryChicken wrote:
I couldn't give a shoite who's watch anything happened on, everyone knows my opinions on politicians and my opinions on financial forecasters and investment "experts" are even lower, if they really knew anything of which they pontificate they'd be making a living out of backing their own opinions with hard cash rather than being employed by someone else to "predict".

I didn't take your quote out of context, I simply took a note of caution in the hope that better times were on the way for everyone, we are currently winding down the last 12 months towards the election and we will be receiving many upbeat "forecasts" between now and then, but we will all do well to note George Osborne and his cautious approach to bigging up the economy, he doesn't do it, in fact in speeches he does the opposite and warns of harder and deeper cuts to be made post 2015, he'll let the publicists and newspapers build up the feelgood factor - there are still some hard times to come and anyone who swallows what they are being told by the more compliant media without listening to Osborne are simple fools.

Well I do care about on who's watch our economy was mismanaged and so should anyone else that plans to vote at the next election. You are a regular critic of this government and often overlook the massively difficult job they have had in overcoming the huge economic mess they inherited. This was in-part due to the world crisis and ongoing recession and other outside factors like the euro currency crisis. But it should not be forgotten it was also in-part due to the previous government's economic incompetence and mismanagement for leaving us so weak after a decade long world boom.

Although 'bigoted woman' Brown of "no more boom and bust" fame has left the stage for the long grass to line his pockets, we are still left with his two former assistants Ed 'Prefect' Milliband and Ed 'Schoolyard Bruiser' Balls-Up as choices to run our future economy. You will recall these two were economic advisors to Buster Brown and were equally guilty of the over spending and overborrowing and not forgetting the terrible decision to sell off all our gold for a pittance. Since their "flat-lining" rhetoric has been discarded due to strong growth they banked everything on their new "cost of living crisis" songsheet. Now this too is looking less convincing as inflation keeps falling and average earnings are now keeping pace and set to rise further - so this strategy too is unravelling.

In a forecast to be relased tomorrow (CEBR) Britain's economy will be nearly 2% bigger than its pre-crisis peak by next year's election. Real household disposable income (after inflation) is predicted to be 4% higher than at the last election and GDP 9% higher. So this could give Chancellor George scope for up to £7Bn of tax cuts.

You are right to finally listen to George Osborne. He has never overstated the recovery and more than anyone is aware of the many problems still to be tackled. Further deep government spending cuts will be needed if he is to meet his deficit reduction targets and he has not hidden this fact despite its vote losing appeal.

But we should not forget that two thirds of the coalition's austerity programne was inherited from Labour or that a drop in living standards was the price we had to pay for a crisis that happened on Labour's watch and the enormous and unsustainable increase in public spending from 2000 to 2010. Voters should look closely at the economic CV's of the candidates.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach362No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 16 200816 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: No More Arguments: Austerity is Working! : Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:52 pm  
Charlie Sierra wrote:

Why do you read the Daily Mail then?

I try to avoid both the DM and the failing Guardian
Charlie Sierra wrote:

Why do you read the Daily Mail then?

I try to avoid both the DM and the failing Guardian
BobbyD 
RankPostsTeam
International Star210No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 01 201310 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: No More Arguments: Austerity is Working! : Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:27 pm  
JerryChicken wrote:

It's what reporters do, you may not like it but tough. It's no different than when the Nazi Supporting Daily Mirror or the tax avoiding Guardian whine on about how foodbanks are a tragedy in the UK and the terminally gullible lap it up and bleat on about not being able to just get free stuff or you need to produce bank statements, you clearly don't what you need is a plausible story.
FFS, people defraud governments, companies, their own families what the Hell makes people think that they won't try and defraud a charity that's handing out free stuff.
BobbyD 
RankPostsTeam
International Star210No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 01 201310 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: No More Arguments: Austerity is Working! : Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:34 pm  
Charlie Sierra wrote:

Our press are the scum of the earth and if you had access to my Twitter feed you'll see plenty of evidence.

What makes me laugh about this article is it's the Church saying it. I grew up a Catholic, or was forced to, every year there was the harvest festival where the Church collected food and doled it out to the community (my gran used to get it despite not actually needing it). Yet at the time I never recall a murmur from the priests and bishops saying how tragic it was. The simple fact is foodbanks are now organised, they even have the pithy name, "Foodbanks" the church has to all intents and purposes been cut out. No longer can they count on your "roof repair donations" because "y'know, we helped your gran". They need/want/thrive on the sick or old to keep them in business.

Oh and they're too ashamed to go to foodbanks? Really? The growth of the pound shops and the scramble at the "whoops" counter at the supermarket suggests not. Unless people want really, really cheap stuff, just not free.
Charlie Sierra wrote:

Our press are the scum of the earth and if you had access to my Twitter feed you'll see plenty of evidence.

What makes me laugh about this article is it's the Church saying it. I grew up a Catholic, or was forced to, every year there was the harvest festival where the Church collected food and doled it out to the community (my gran used to get it despite not actually needing it). Yet at the time I never recall a murmur from the priests and bishops saying how tragic it was. The simple fact is foodbanks are now organised, they even have the pithy name, "Foodbanks" the church has to all intents and purposes been cut out. No longer can they count on your "roof repair donations" because "y'know, we helped your gran". They need/want/thrive on the sick or old to keep them in business.

Oh and they're too ashamed to go to foodbanks? Really? The growth of the pound shops and the scramble at the "whoops" counter at the supermarket suggests not. Unless people want really, really cheap stuff, just not free.
PreviousNext