30th Oct 18 07:496th Dec 17 22:04LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Bradford Bulls deducted 6 points by the RFL : Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:24 pm  
Bradford Bulls deducted 6 points by the RFL
and

BRADFORD BULLS chairman Mark Moore has announced that Bradford Bulls 2014 Ltd, the holding company which had a bid to purchase the club accepted last week, has today withdrawn its offer.

On Thursday, Leeds-based administrator David Wilson accepted an offer from Bradford Bulls 2014 Ltd, which took initial control of the club after its former holding company, OK Bulls Ltd, entered administration last month, as the strongest.

However, commenting on behalf of the board of directors, Mr Moore has spoken of how he and his colleagues were left with little choice but to withdraw their proposal due to impending sanctions from the sport's governing body.

In a statement, the Bulls chairman said: “It is with great sadness and frustration that we have been led to this point.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4914
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 19 200915 years291st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
20th Jan 24 13:226th Aug 23 09:12LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
been around here long time, thought would start posting...........

total farce again, take it they expected no deduction just because it is the bulls.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator2556No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 18 200321 years268th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Mar 24 15:0129th Feb 24 23:45LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"Let only those who enter do so with pride and the determination to uphold the traditions of the club".

//www.FaxFans.co.uk
//www.halifaxrlfc.co.uk

Halifax Tag RL. Interested in playing? Visit //www.pitchero.com/clubs/halifaxcommunityrugbyleague/

Its sad that its the case but I am actually happy about this. They will finally be punished for outright lies and fraud during the license application process when they are relegated at the end of the season.
RankPostsTeam
International Star244
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 01 201112 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
29th Mar 16 08:2528th Jan 16 12:06LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

there was nothing wrong with their submission. It is perfectly reasonable to project season ticket sales will double when you increase the price from £100 to £250
RankPostsTeam
Moderator2556No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 18 200321 years268th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Mar 24 15:0129th Feb 24 23:45LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"Let only those who enter do so with pride and the determination to uphold the traditions of the club".

//www.FaxFans.co.uk
//www.halifaxrlfc.co.uk

Halifax Tag RL. Interested in playing? Visit //www.pitchero.com/clubs/halifaxcommunityrugbyleague/

25th February 2014

BRADFORD BULLS chairman Mark Moore has announced that Bradford Bulls 2014 Ltd, the holding company which had a bid to purchase the club accepted last week, has today withdrawn its offer.

On Thursday, Leeds-based administrator David Wilson accepted an offer from Bradford Bulls 2014 Ltd, which took initial control of the club after its former holding company, OK Bulls Ltd, entered administration last month, as the strongest.

However, commenting on behalf of the board of directors, Mr Moore has spoken of how he and his colleagues were left with little choice but to withdraw their proposal due to impending sanctions from the sport's governing body.

In a statement, the Bulls chairman said: “It is with great sadness and frustration that we have been led to this point.

"I believe that we have been forced into making this decision, due to the Rugby Football League's proposed sanction of a six-point deduction, making relegation almost a certainty.

"In addition, the governing body wished to place the club's licence into special measures, which, as successful businessmen, will likely taint our personal dealings while embarrassing us all professionally.

"I am also extremely surprised by the current position of the RFL, given the fact that they have guided us and advised us on the majority of decisions made over the past five to six months. We were more than grateful of their assistance, as they have been integral in getting us to this stage.

"More frustratingly, this process has been amplified by the fact that administration could have been avoided.

"Should the meeting held at the Provident Stadium, on January 9, which was designed to draw a line under the club's ownership and was chaired by the RFL, had followed its course properly and professionally then none of this would have occurred.

"The meeting included a quartet of important stakeholders, including Omar Khan and his associates, the club's debenture holder, representatives of the current board and, of the RFL, Ralph Rimmer and Blake Solly.

"Without following proper protocol, the RFL closed the meeting while discussions were still taking place and stakeholders were allowed to leave.

"No documents were signed and, as such, this led to a disagreement in the weeks which followed between one stakeholder and the other three.

"This poor leadership by the RFL was, I believe, detrimental to the ownership of the club being agreed amicably, which then ultimately led to it then being forced into administration.

"Due to the error made by the governing body, the players, staff and supporters have now been asked to suffer a six-point deduction along with heavy financial restrictions.

"It feels like a real slap in the face to our team, our partners, the sport and, most importantly, our supporters, of whom we have been working tirelessly for.

"On February 12, a meeting was held at Red Hall. We had not been given an agenda and the tough sanctions, imposed upon the club, were sprung upon us.

"The decision to place the club, by the RFL, into special measures was taken without key members of the RFL board having sight of the club's up-to-date cash-flow projections or our business plan, which we deem presumptuous as well as uninformed and unprofessional.

"Feedback from them leads us to believe that they had also made the decision based on inaccurate information, obtained without authorisation of the board.

"The business plan that we brought along to support our bid was not even asked for as the decision had already been made, leaving us with the impression that another objective is currently being played out.

"It needs to be pointed out also that this is the first relegation season for a number of years and the club has been functioning on only half of the central distribution funding for two years.

"It is equally important to point out that every other club in Super League is currently sharing the other half of the distribution money.

"Our desire was just to compete on a level playing field with the rest of the Super League.

"But with the sanctions imposed and the points above, I hope our supporters can agree that this is definitely not a level playing field and could be argued as anticompetitive.

"As a team we have worked tirelessly to turn the Bulls around.

"Each member of the board has taken responsibility for a different sector of the business, where we have reorganised the structure to help it become more sustainable while working towards profitability.

"Over the the last three months we have made cost savings of nearly £1,000,000 and, two games in, we believe we have proven our ability to stage Super League matches professionally.

"We have, time and time again been complemented for the measures we have put in place by RFL representatives, so have taken this complete lack of support with surprise and shock.

"We have also been very public and stated time and time again that we would be working with all genuine creditors as many of them are Bulls supporters, so this shows it was never the intention of the board to capitalise via administration.

"The dramas being played out over the past few months with the Bradford Bulls have been extremely tough on ourselves and our families.

"We have tried our very best to do what is right for both the club and the sport.

"We have been open and honest with the players and kept every promise made to them.

"The points deduction will hurt them most and we are very worried about their welfare, as they will view this mountain placed in front of them as something too tough to climb. As warriors we believe they will try their very best.

"The restrictions and penalties, placed on the club, leaves it all but impossible to grow the business in this relegation season.

"As such we were left with no other option than to withdraw the offer to the administrator, based on what we believe is an immoral position from the sport's governing body due to their involvement in this whole affair.

"I would like to thank all of the supporters, staff and players for the hard work they put in alongside us and please understand after all of the trials and tribulations experienced how gut wrenching it is to fall at this final hurdle.

"I would also like to thank sponsors and partners for whom we have made strong friendships with and also the administrator, David Wilson, for his professionalism during this entire process.

"We wish everyone all of the very best of luck for the future."

The club will be making no further comment at this time.

I must say after reading this there needs to be some kind of investigation into the whole affair from truly independent auditors. It is clear that the people charged with running the game are not only corrupt and incompetent but devious and twisted to an unfathomable level.
RankPostsTeam
International Star3533
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 24 201014 years290th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
22nd Nov 23 07:519th Jul 23 16:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Agreed Nat but we all know that the RFL hierarchy, though seemingly incompetent, are untouchable.

On another point, I don't wish further ills on Bradford but I think we at Fax need to get our own house in order before somebody decides to call in the RFL, which would be a disaster.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6698No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 24 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
31st Mar 17 06:4010th Feb 17 18:05LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
And Behold, a pale horse. And on his back his name was death.

The weekend starts on a Monday.

Norman Bates wrote:
Agreed Nat but we all know that the RFL hierarchy, though seemingly incompetent, are untouchable.

On another point, I don't wish further ills on Bradford but I think we at Fax need to get our own house in order before somebody decides to call in the RFL, which would be a disaster.

Who is saying our house is not in order, who is going to call in the RFL, the Luddites forum?

I think the Bradford situation is very sad, it's also a no win situation for the RFL, ignore administration, don't deduct points so the new owners can take over and they will get criticised, deduct points and they get criticism. Either way it's a mess mostly of the clubs own doing.
I for one hope it gets sorted and Bradford Northern return.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6698No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 24 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Norman Bates wrote:

Of course they are untouchable, like FIFA, EUFA and every governing body in sport, who in those organisations are going to vote for a change. Take FIFA, Jack Warner, Blatters second in command, wanted changes, result dirty tricks brigade moves in, career destroyed.
As I say who in any organisation is going to risk falling of their gravy train?
Nigel is head of the table with his acolytes feeding, and offering crumbs to the minions below them.
So who will vote for a change?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5865No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 22 200419 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Mar 19 22:2225th Nov 18 21:48LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Its not good for the game but whilst I am no fan of the RFL what are the new owners of Bradford Bulls wanting special dispensation because it is Bradford Bulls?
Any governing body should stick to the rules of the sport it governs in my opinion, people seem to forget back in 2003 we copped for a points deduction in the year we won one game so ended up on Nil points which looked terrible, I would have liked some special dispensation as we were relegated anyway!
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6698No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 24 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Fax4Life wrote:
Its not good for the game but whilst I am no fan of the RFL what are the new owners of Bradford Bulls wanting special dispensation because it is Bradford Bulls?
Any governing body should stick to the rules of the sport it governs in my opinion, people seem to forget back in 2003 we copped for a points deduction in the year we won one game so ended up on Nil points which looked terrible, I would have liked some special dispensation as we were relegated anyway!

Any one buying a business would want assurances that they will get a return on their investment, Bulls in Super League would give them that, Bulls in a lower League would not.
It's that simple.
On this occasion the RFL are right, the potential investors were wrong/greedy, incidentally don't the RFL own Odsal?
Next