PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Sheffield avenge 2011 defeat to lift Championship trophy

Board index Kingstone Press Championship Featherstone Rovers Sheffield avenge 2011 defeat to lift Championship trophy

RLFANS Correspondent 100% League Network Moderator, Fan Site Editor and Competion Organiser
100% League Network Moderator, Fan Site Editor and Competion Organiser

In an extremely tight and tense encounter, Sheffield triumphed over Featherstone to lift the Championship Grand Final.

Sheffield attacked well but held strong in defence to play the conditions and avenge their 2011 defeat.

READ MORE ON THIS STORY....
Starbug User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Commiserations Fev fans, a reasonably good performance, but essentially out played ( just ) but more importantly out thought by the Eagles , once they hit the front with 20 to go, they had the ' nous ' and the fortitude to see the game out, congratulations on another fantastic season of performances
kcab sfrawdder

Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity

Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike

SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done
But he with a chuckle replied
That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one
Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried.
So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin
On his face. If he worried he hid it.
He started to sing as he tackled the thing
That couldn’t be done, and he did it!
Ctrlfc10 User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

C'mon Sheffield!!!! Haha
JAGuitars
www.johnanthonyguitars.com
Elite Custom Guitar Company
Smudger User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

I didn't think there was very much in it at all, Fev were certainly not out-thought imo. It looked to me just one game too far... In fact one half too far. It's been a very long and hard season, they had Cas and Wigan in the Challenge Cup which must have took a bit out of them, then the Northern Rail Cup. I just don't think the players can be expected to perform week after week at this level.

Well done to Fev anyway, I've enjoyed watching them on the telly this year but I wonder if they tried too hard in too many competitions and ended up tiring themselves out.

I just hope they don't have a knee jerk and blame the coach, he's been the best thing to happen at Fev for donkeys years.
griff1998 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

So much for the three weeks off they've had since mid August. :roll:
Sheffield Eagles - Back to Back National Champions 2012 and 2013 !!
gingdong Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Smudger wrote:
I didn't think there was very much in it at all, Fev were certainly not out-thought imo. It looked to me just one game too far... In fact one half too far. It's been a very long and hard season, they had Cas and Wigan in the Challenge Cup which must have took a bit out of them, then the Northern Rail Cup. I just don't think the players can be expected to perform week after week at this level.

Well done to Fev anyway, I've enjoyed watching them on the telly this year but I wonder if they tried too hard in too many competitions and ended up tiring themselves out.

I just hope they don't have a knee jerk and blame the coach, he's been the best thing to happen at Fev for donkeys years.

Im certainly not one for jumping up and down screaming sack the coach, but you say the best thing to happen to us in donkeys years. His record is 1 trophy out of 6 with by far the biggest coaching / playing budget in the championship in the last 3 years. Is that a good return?