PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - 2013 World Cup

Board index RLFANS MAIN The Virtual Terrace 2013 World Cup

Post Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:02 am
jonny the leyther User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Can't wait.

Going to NZ v Samoa, Hopefully USA v Cook Islands, England v Ireland, Tonga v Cook Islands, Scotland v USA, then at least 2 quarters, then semis and final.

Going to be great!
Chorlton RL wrote- "Jonny, for me you hold the mantle of most sensible poster on the VT"
...............................................................................................................................................
Yed wrote: "He's like a Kevin Penny on steroids except he's good too"
...............................................................................................................................................
"What? What have I said now?" - Starbug 2013
Post Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:57 am
JB Down Under User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Another Fiji back joins the NRL, probably too young for next WC but could be a star by 2018.

The Pirtek Parramatta Eels have beaten worldwide competition to sign Fiji’s most promising junior footballer in Erevonu “Tui” Kamikamica.

Kamikamica, who hails from the same remote island of new Eels NYC teammate Semi Radradra, is widely considered the country’s premier rugby union player.

The 98kg, 195cm second rower will line up for the Fijian Schoolboys against the Australian Schoolboys this week before reporting for duty with the Eels, who beat rival NRL clubs as well as French and Kiwi rugby clubs for the 17-year-old’s signature.

“Any kid who’s as big and strong as ‘Tui’ but is also a 400m sprint champion in a country full of flyers like Fiji is going to draw a bit of attention,” Eels recruitment manager Peter Nolan said.

http://www.parraeels.com.au/news-displa ... lyer/64464
WEST COAST PIRATES
Coming to get you 2015!
[url]http://westcoastpirates.com.au[/url]
Post Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:31 pm
headhunter User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

JB Down Under wrote:
Another Fiji back joins the NRL, probably too young for next WC but could be a star by 2018.
Damn, he'll have missed the World Cup then.
King Street Cat wrote:
Some might look at this as being harsh but I think it's fair. When are the Rugby League going to stop persisting with this fantasy expansion. If it hasn't worked by now, it never will! I'm all for reaching out to a wider audience with our game but not at the expense of historical clubs in the homelands.
Post Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:30 am
roopy Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

The last three paragraphs of this article are about Fiji.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/38004 ... de/?cs=306

Says Rick Stone was in Fiji to see the players who are with country sides play against the local based players, and also says he hopes to use Waqa and Koribete in the upcoming game V Italy.
Post Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:37 am
SEB User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

The Earlybird ticket period opened yesterday, details can be found:
http://www.rlwc2013.com/rugby-league-wo ... early-bird…catches-the-best
http://www.rlwc2013.com/tickets

It's well worth noting that there are tickets available at £10 for adults / £5 concessions for almost all the group games and that 55% of all tickets are £20 or less.

We all saw how the Olympics caught the nation's imagination and everyone got behind and respected the top class athletes on show pushing themselves for personal pride, medals and their countries. The RLWC2013 should be able to acheive the same! Everyone respects RL players and many of us can recall fantastic world cup matches from the past.

Let's make this one the biggest and best yet.
Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:26 am
MOT User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Just bought tickets for the final (I know very early but took the advantage of £5 off a ticket) Had to wait 20 minutes to get through to a guy and it wasn't simple to pick what seat I wanted. Anyway still happy I've got them, only a year and 2 weeks till the game. Looking forward to going to a lot more but will bide my time with the others!
Post Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:23 pm
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

If anybody is looking for a room for the opening ceremony weekend in Cardiffive just booked the park Inn for £52 per room on the Saturday night. It's about 2 miles outside the centre but was spot on when we stayed there for magic.

Central hotels were £150 minimum.
Post Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:00 pm
roopy Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Aaron Barba, a halfback and older brother of Ben Barba, is currently training under Fiji coach Rick Stone with the Newcastle Knights reserve grade squad.
He will either play reserve grade for the Knights or for Central Charlestown in the Newcastle comp.
There is a fair chance the halves for Fiji in the world cup will be Aaron and Ben Barba.
Post Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:37 am
shinymcshine Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

I'm living in South Wales I just heard a radio ad on Nation Radio for Wales RL and the RLWC, and how Nation RAdio is the offical broadcaster of Welsh RL.
Post Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:07 pm
Orrell Lad User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Only 2 days left for the Early Bird offer. Picked up tickets for the Final (£25), QF at Wigan (£15) and the England v Ireland game (£10). £50 for three test matches, brilliant value! :)
20 - 19 - 3

Warrington led 16-2 in Saturday's Grand Final, but their joy was short-lived as Wigan roared back to win the Super League title and extend the Wire's 58-year wait to be champions

Swearing harms children
PreviousNext