PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - widnes Forum

Board index Super League Widnes Vikings widnes Forum

 

Post Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:13 pm
jetblack74 Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:19 am
Posts: 57
Chris Dalton wrote:
What gets me is when he called them bent owners only interested in money. But then complains we are at the bottom of the table. He doesn't want to pay extra to bring in bigger players, he thinks there is so much money to be made in league, and he offers no explanation.

Just a ranter and nothing more.

When did i mention i did'nt want to pay extra????
Post Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:37 pm
Snake Plisskin User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:49 pm
Posts: 2016
Location: Doug Laughtons ashtray
specifically, you didnt. but you have stated that 'others' wont. You also point out you do put your hand in your pocket. but if its all as pointless and bleak as you make out, why are bothering to buy tickets in the first place?
Image

Saddened! wrote:
You seem suicidal because McNamara hasn't picked your precious Mickey Mac, who's better than Roby, and Darryl 'Meninga' Goulding who makes Jamie Lyon look like an amateur.
Post Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:28 pm
jetblack74 Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:19 am
Posts: 57
Snake Plisskin wrote:
specifically, you didnt. but you have stated that 'others' wont. You also point out you do put your hand in your pocket. but if its all as pointless and bleak as you make out, why are bothering to buy tickets in the first place?

Because i've watched widnes for 38 years and not going to stop now and i
see more interest in football in this town than rugby,i hope i'm wrong and
mr o'connor get's the 7000 sh members he wants but i just don't see that
happening.
Post Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:39 pm
Chris Dalton User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2003 12:41 pm
Posts: 28686
Location: Home of the Mighty Widnes Vikings
jetblack74 wrote:
Because i've watched widnes for 38 years and not going to stop now and i
see more interest in football in this town than rugby,i hope i'm wrong and
mr o'connor get's the 7000 sh members he wants but i just don't see that
happening.


We were a gnats wing away from it last time we were in super league.

The fact is people like you with a negative attitude who writes the board off as in it for the money isn't doing us any favours at all. You've got no patience.
@chemical_viking
Post Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:56 pm
-VIKINGMAN- User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun May 29, 2005 11:52 pm
Posts: 16313
Location: Select Security Stadium


Starbug wrote:
Unlike your good self, I have called time on supporting my club , it is my decision, not the clubs, they still believe what they are doing is for the best, and I hope they are successful



No way missed this in between all the posts, whats up bugman? Lost your appetite for carrots in your lobby?
Love a brew.
Post Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:01 pm
littlerich User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2002 10:22 pm
Posts: 18378
Location: 'Fax fan in Stockport: The jewel in the ring of Manchester


-VIKINGMAN- wrote:
No way missed this in between all the posts, whats up bugman? Lost your appetite for carrots in your lobby?


I don't know how anyone can stop watching live Rugby League, moreover when it's played by your beloved club. Gotta fight the oppressive system from within Starbug lad.

"Larks' tongues. Otters' noses. Ocelot spleens ......................."
Post Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:35 pm
Starbug User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:59 pm
Posts: 33367
Location: watching out for low flying geese
-VIKINGMAN- wrote:
No way missed this in between all the posts, whats up bugman? Lost your appetite for carrots in your lobby?


Bored with nothing tangible to play for, I remember back to the battles we,you and Oldham had back in 2001 , the challenges of Huddersfield and Salford, the atmosphere at the games, especially at Hilton Par

We dont even have the fun of battering you lot anymore, I'd had enough 12 months ago, then we hit the buffers and we lost the person filling the financial gap, I thought it would be a wake up call for the club and a new direction taken, but it seems they want to make the same mistakes again along with a whole load of new ones and I dont want to be around to see them

So go on, try and convince me to join you lot :D
kcab sfrawdder



Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity

Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike




SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done
But he with a chuckle replied
That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one
Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried.
So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin
On his face. If he worried he hid it.
He started to sing as he tackled the thing
That couldn’t be done, and he did it!
Post Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:23 pm
-VIKINGMAN- User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun May 29, 2005 11:52 pm
Posts: 16313
Location: Select Security Stadium


Starbug wrote:
Bored with nothing tangible to play for, I remember back to the battles we,you and Oldham had back in 2001 , the challenges of Huddersfield and Salford, the atmosphere at the games, especially at Hilton Par

We dont even have the fun of battering you lot anymore, I'd had enough 12 months ago, then we hit the buffers and we lost the person filling the financial gap, I thought it would be a wake up call for the club and a new direction taken, but it seems they want to make the same mistakes again along with a whole load of new ones and I dont want to be around to see them

So go on, try and convince me to join you lot :D


Were part of the corrupt super league i thought you didnt want to be part of that :) shame you've given up on the lobby, not sure i could do that with Widnes tbh, Leigh have had a decent year, northern rail cup and a trip out to warrington what more could you ask for being a championship fan? :D


Just out of curiosity what mistakes do you think Leigh are making?
Love a brew.
Post Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:28 pm
Starbug User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:59 pm
Posts: 33367
Location: watching out for low flying geese
-VIKINGMAN- wrote:
Were part of the corrupt super league i thought you didnt want to be part of that :) shame you've given up on the lobby, not sure i could do that with Widnes tbh, Leigh have had a decent year, northern rail cup and a trip out to warrington what more could you ask for being a championship fan? :D


Just out of curiosity what mistakes do you think Leigh are making?


I do want Leigh to get into SL, but I realise it isnt going to happen, or it wont be a success unless we at least achieve your level of business off pitch, it seems we think a ' strapline ' of we beLEIGHve and no hard work to get more than 2,000 fans along apparently with a ' partnership ' with the LSV management will get us there

I ' believe ' a new initiative in community and marketing is the way forward for all Championship clubs, especially Leigh
kcab sfrawdder



Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity

Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike




SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done
But he with a chuckle replied
That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one
Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried.
So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin
On his face. If he worried he hid it.
He started to sing as he tackled the thing
That couldn’t be done, and he did it!
Post Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:04 pm
Sandgroper Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:20 am
Posts: 30
I'm not opposed to P/R but what bothers me is that those in positions of influence never follow through and tell people just how it could be achieved.

I know from our short return to SL that our crowds will not support a team that has any real chance of challenging for the top spot, or even signing top players. It really is a different world since we were last here!

Certainly without hefty financial support or a massive crowd growth virtually no team in the Championship atm would stand a chance. But that may well be what those proposing P/R want. It enlivens the bottom of SL up a bit but doesn't threaten the grade A clubs who are there forever. For my money that is just as cynical as stopping P/R. Without a real opportunity to move up the SL you are really better off being the best in the Part Time Pro field tbh. Fev have taken this route with success, but their crowds haven't noticeably improved.

We, with SOC, are hopeful of a steady growth and lifting ourselves off the bottom over time. Cas,Salford, and others are struggling and will do for a while.

In my view SOC's approach, to aim for a business orientated club that is self financing, is the only stable solution. A money man such as Adam Pearson at Hull FC will throw cash about for some time but the club hangs on him not getting bored. Not good enough imo.

If we fail at SL level I reckon that no other club on the horizon atm will succeed.
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

Quick Reply

   

Return to Widnes Vikings



All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.
RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, the RLSA (Rugby League Supporters Association) or the 100% League Network is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites, please email the author of this sub-site if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.
Copyright 1999 - 2014 RLFANS.COM