PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Briers

Post Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:15 pm
sally cinnamon User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Northampton_Saint wrote:
I wonder how many beers he had today in the run up to the match...

Briers has been the model professional since Tony Smith took over but some people just think because he's a lad from St Helens he's automatically going to be a complete tool. :roll:
Challenge Cup winners 2009 2010 2012
League Champions 2011
Post Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:29 pm
No1 Saint User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Location: Back in the badlands of the metropolitan borough of Wigoon
sally cinnamon wrote:
Briers has been the model professional since Tony Smith took over but some people just think because he's got a record of being an idiot *cough drink driver *cough he's automatically still going to be a complete tool. :roll:

hmm
Post Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:19 pm
Northampton_Saint User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

sally cinnamon wrote:
Briers has been the model professional since Tony Smith took over but some people just think because he's a lad from St Helens he's automatically going to be a complete tool. :roll:

I've seen him with my own 2 eyes necking pints down at Thatto Heath's clubhouse less than 2 hours before the kickoff of a cup quarter final while very firmly under Smith's stewardship matey...

He may very well have spent all day Saturday drinking carrot juice in the buildup to the game, but given that he seems to like to get a couple down before 2pm then I think it's a fair bet there'll have been a few in him by 7pm too...
Post Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:33 pm
Wire Yed User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

If only we'd had Lomax last night instead :roll:
Post Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:39 pm
SFW Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Horatio Yed wrote:
If only we'd had Lomax last night instead :roll:

We feel your pain mate, let it out. :cry:
Post Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:14 pm
Ninja saint User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Judder Man wrote:
Certainly is a St Helens he,s never detached himself from his grass roots. Coaching the young lads of Thatto Heath Crusaders as we speak.

Seem to remember a few years back, Cunningham coaching a young Haydock team and Briers getting the upper hand with his young Thatto Heath team.

Correct! He's at thatto every week when possible a d certainly is a saints lad. I also think he's been doing a lee briers coaching school for kids.

Everyone knows lee likes a drink and he did hammer the booze when he had a personal tragedy to deal with it but by no means is not a true pro.

Saints legend Sean Long liked a fe beers as well but nothing said about that.
Post Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:14 pm
Tony Soprano User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Fantastic player who would add something to any team in the world on his good days
Post Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:18 pm
Billinge_Lump User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Tony Soprano wrote:
Fantastic who would add something to any team in the world on his good days

The problem is that his good days very rarely coincide with days in which he's playing in a high pressure match. He went missing again for me last night, he just isn't a big game player.
I'm not Jesus Christ, I've come to accept that now.

[quote][b]XBrettKennyX wrote:[/b] Once more the anti SC brigade, purposely or otherwise fail to see the point.

Thick as pig swill.[/quote]
Post Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:19 pm
Tony Soprano User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Billinge_Lump wrote:
The problem is that his good days very rarely coincide with days in which he's playing in a high pressure match. He went missing again for me last night, he just isn't a big game player.

That's why I said on his good days but to be honest he's done ok in the last few cc finals
Post Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:35 pm
sally cinnamon User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Ninja saint wrote:
Correct! He's at thatto every week when possible a d certainly is a saints lad. I also think he's been doing a lee briers coaching school for kids.

Everyone knows lee likes a drink and he did hammer the booze when he had a personal tragedy to deal with it but by no means is not a true pro.

Saints legend Sean Long liked a fe beers as well but nothing said about that.

Exactly, Long and Tommy Martyn did not live the lifestyle of teetotal monks did they?

The way people make out Briers to be like some sort of Gazza /George Best figure that gets wasted every week, how come he's kept his fitness and form for so long into his career? You don't do what he has done at his age, without being a great pro.

Of course I could be wrong and maybe Briers just looks good because he's carried by a world class side?
Challenge Cup winners 2009 2010 2012
League Champions 2011
PreviousNext