LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS AND MORE FEATURES
Currently There are 2131 Rugby League fans online
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - The Brand New Tech Thread...

Board index Off Topic The Sin Bin The Brand New Tech Thread...

Off-topic discussion.

Post Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:11 pm
Steve-O User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Big Graeme wrote:
Create a blank mp3 file in Audacity for the length you need, set that as the first in the playlist and away you go.

:BOW:
"In this age of Rooney and Tevez, here is a genuine, through and through sporting hero." Kevin Sinfield

I've got diamonds on my fish.
Post Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:11 pm
A unknown superstar User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Going to New York in December for a short break, tempted to get myself the new IPad. Preferably the 32gb version with wifi.
But I'm not fully convinced in purchasing one yet as I don't know if I'll get the full use out of it. I have an IPhone 4s and I basically just see an IPad as a bigger version of the IPhone without been able to make calls. I've never been on an IPad so not sure the pros and cons of purchasing one.
Good for watching movies on the go I assume and searching the net, but apart from the apps (which I can obviously do on my IPhone) what else makes it worth while having?
Also what is the battery life like?
"You don't have to be great to start, but to be great you have to start".
Post Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:04 pm
Big Graeme User avatar
100% League Network Moderator & Fan Site Editor

A unknown superstar wrote:
Going to New York in December for a short break, tempted to get myself the new IPad. Preferably the 32gb version with wifi.
But I'm not fully convinced in purchasing one yet as I don't know if I'll get the full use out of it. I have an IPhone 4s and I basically just see an IPad as a bigger version of the IPhone without been able to make calls. I've never been on an IPad so not sure the pros and cons of purchasing one.
Good for watching movies on the go I assume and searching the net, but apart from the apps (which I can obviously do on my IPhone) what else makes it worth while having?

it's a nice bit of kit but far too pricey when compared to Android offerings you can also add more storage to Android tablets meaning more space for movies and stuff.
Post Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:56 am
LF13 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Big Graeme wrote:
it's a nice bit of kit but far too pricey when compared to Android offerings you can also add more storage to Android tablets meaning more space for movies and stuff.

Maybe worth waiting a couple of weeks for the launch of the Microsoft Surface tablets?
Post Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:35 am
bewildered User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

A unknown superstar wrote:

I thought the same when i bought my iPad (only to be given a works issued one a week later, the swines!). i never thought I'd use it other than for work tasks but you really do find a lot of uses for it. Simple things like browsing the net whilst watching TV. Getting info you need quickly (and you'd be surprised how often that happens).

However its all you own personal opinion on how often you'd use it. I'd look at the 16GB version first though if you dont want to spend big. Then after that have a look at the other options such as the Nexus 7 is a great piece of kit. Maybe even the Amazon Kindle Fire would do the trick.

However if you do want an Apple product, maybe worthwhile holding out for a couple of months. There are now leaked photos of the next gen iPad which will be the iPad mini which is purported to be on the cards soon which leaked photos of components leaking onto the net
*Insert witty banter type comment*
Post Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:38 am
Big Graeme User avatar

LF13 wrote:
Maybe worth waiting a couple of weeks for the launch of the Microsoft Surface tablets?

If you wanna wait a couple of weeks and buy the product you first saw a couple of weeks ago, aye.
Post Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:12 pm
LF13 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Big Graeme wrote:
If you wanna wait a couple of weeks and buy the product you first saw a couple of weeks ago, aye.

I have no idea what you mean.
Post Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:19 pm
Saddened! User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

LF13 wrote:
I have no idea what you mean.

I think he's suggesting you wouldn't buy a Surface tablet and would buy the other option.

Not sure why, they look decent.
Post Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:50 pm
Standee Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Saddened! wrote:
I think he's suggesting you wouldn't buy a Surface tablet and would buy the other option.

Not sure why, they look decent.

are you seriously suggesting anyone touch Microsoft hardware with a barge pole?
Post Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:03 pm
Big Graeme User avatar

Standee wrote:
are you seriously suggesting anyone touch Microsoft hardware with a barge pole?

Really? Try a MS keyboard and/or mouse, some of the best products in their class.
PreviousNext