PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - LOD to miss CC semi final

Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:45 pm
GiantsMassive Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

fantastic brearly84. The next time I see an estimate in the press that Thurston, Inglis & Lewis are due to sign for the Giants, I will take this as gospel.
Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:57 pm
jools User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Next time???? :shock:
the future's bright the future's claret and gold
Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:57 pm
Baron Greenback User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Faalago and O'Donnell have spent too long on the physio table. No argument from me on that score. However, I cannot agree that they are a 'waste of money' or lazy because if I were them I would find those terms insulting.

When they've been fit to play they have both earned their corn. The injuries are unlucky. Very. Maybe the cold climate doesn't agree with them, whatever. But they weren't seen as injury risks when they came over here. OK, O'Donnell had the knee injury but he'd played a full season after that IIRC. You've got to take the rough with the smooth and we've had overseas players like Drew, Costin and Hodgson who have been luckier wrt injuries. Sometime sh*t happens, that's the way I see it anyway.
We're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the Stick Insect got stuck on a sticky bun.
Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:03 pm
brearley84 User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

GiantsMassive wrote:
fantastic brearly84. The next time I see an estimate in the press that Thurston, Inglis & Lewis are due to sign for the Giants, I will take this as gospel.

:D more believeable than the reported £200,000 transfer fee paid by widnes to huddersfield for kev brown that someone said on here was true :lol: no chance, more like £20,000
HUDDERSFIELD
-
THE BIRTHPLACE OF RUGBY LEAGUE
Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:55 pm
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Transfer fee for Kevin was high, but also incorporated Mullally coming the other way
Post Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:51 am
adamhuddsgiant Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

It is a shame for us that odonnel hasn't played much as I remember last season he had a good run.of games early doors. Phil Clark had started his whole statistic revolution and he was the highest opta rated player in the league for his position. It's a shame for us and him. Most people forget that these players fell in.love with the game first and the money came second and anyone who has played a team sport will know the last thing they would want to do is sit on the sidelines watching the lads you train with play without you!
Post Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:44 am
brearley84 User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

GiantsMassive wrote:
Transfer fee for Kevin was high, but also incorporated Mullally coming the other way

so we paid £180,000 for mullally :)

what is o'donnells injury anyway?????????? why such a big secret?? is it season ending? or career ending...at the giants.
HUDDERSFIELD
-
Post Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:56 am
Baron Greenback User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

We must've got more for Brown than £20k or why would we have entertained him speaking to Widnes in the first place? Mullally is largely unproven, the club would surely need a bigger incentive to let Brown speak to them than Mullally and £20k.
We're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the Stick Insect got stuck on a sticky bun.
Post Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:04 pm
brearley84 User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Baron Greenback wrote:
We must've got more for Brown than £20k or why would we have entertained him speaking to Widnes in the first place? Mullally is largely unproven, the club would surely need a bigger incentive to let Brown speak to them than Mullally and £20k.

kev brown told the club he wanted to leave at the start of the season so he was going anyway. he went to wigan first and asked them too if they would like him but wouldnt pay any cash for him
HUDDERSFIELD
-
Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:11 pm
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Baron Greenback, we did get more than £20k for Brown. Much, much more. plus did not have to hand over a penny for Mullally.

Luke O'Donnell out for about 5 weeks with a hammy IIRC
PreviousNext