LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS AND MORE FEATURES
Currently There are 1722 Rugby League fans online
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Great start for McGoldrick

Board index Super League Hull FC - blackandwhites.co.uk Great start for McGoldrick

Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:59 am
downtheante User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Standee wrote:
You would hope AP could get together with the owners/CEO's of other clubs and make the RFL understand that the quality of officiating is damaging the game and putting their investment and players livelihoods in jeopardy. With so many leisure options available to people the game is at genuine risk of falling attendances if this continues, couple it with the atrocious "commentary" provided by Sky and the incredibly questionable Stobart sponsorship deal and the future looks questionable if nothing changes. The RFL seem to think the fans are still "flat caps and whippets".

I think the RFL is run by whippets (possibly in flat caps).

You make a good point about players' livelihoods - I wonder how many players' incomes have been adversely affected by incosistend and petty rulings. I still believe the whole incident ought never to have made it this far.
Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:42 am
Standee Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

downtheante wrote:

You make a good point about players' livelihoods - I wonder how many players' incomes have been adversely affected by incosistend and petty rulings. I still believe the whole incident ought never to have made it this far.

it is a stupid rule "deliberate contact with the referee", it's not as if he was violent or anything, the referee simply stood in the wrong place. I am all for someone laying Ganson out cold, I'll pay the fine!
Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:04 am
Staffs FC User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

downtheante wrote:

I agree. But having made it that far they should at the very least check back in the same season's rulings for previous analysis/outcomes. The incident was very similar to Webb's which was a case heard in March. In Webb's hearing the panel agreed that there was no malice and that the player was just trying to cover a potential quick tap and dive over the line by the opposition player. They fined him but didn't ban him. Why not just compare the two and arrive at the same conclusion first time around ? It would have saved us time and money and them embarrassment.
"To play your best football you need players with enthusiasm and drive and energy." - Peter Sterling

Adam Pearson said not wrote:
I know there are two franchises and two clubs (in Hull) and that will remain forever more
Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:12 am
Hessle Roader User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Location: Drypool Bridge - watching out for invaders from the East.
Staffs FC wrote:
I agree. But having made it that far they should at the very least check back in the same season's rulings for previous analysis/outcomes. The incident was very similar to Webb's which was a case heard in March. In Webb's hearing the panel agreed that there was no malice and that the player was just trying to cover a potential quick tap and dive over the line by the opposition player. They fined him but didn't ban him. Why not just compare the two and arrive at the same conclusion first time around ? It would have saved us time and money and them embarrassment.

They don't know the meaning of embarrassment, but they certainly understand incompetence, after all they are the masters of it.
JOHNNY WHITELEY - A TRUE RUGBY LEAGUE LEGEND
Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:29 am
Standee Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Hessle Roader wrote:
They don't know the meaning of embarrassment, but they certainly understand incompetence, after all they are the masters of it.

just "who are the RFL" nowadays anyway, Lewis has gone back to outside ping pong, who is running the show(er)?
Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:05 pm
voodooroo User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Standee wrote:
it is a stupid rule "deliberate contact with the referee", it's not as if he was violent or anything, the referee simply stood in the wrong place. I am all for someone laying Ganson out cold, I'll pay the fine!

Your not wrong Standee, however sensibility surely states that if the ref thought it was deliberate contact why didnt he send him off for it ??
Standee wrote: "because watching hull fc isn't worth the 200+ mile round trip ."
I rest my case
Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:05 pm
voodooroo User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Standee wrote:
just "who are the RFL" nowadays anyway, Lewis has gone back to outside ping pong, who is running the show(er)?

Kaff and co :lol: dont you know that mate
Standee wrote: "because watching hull fc isn't worth the 200+ mile round trip ."
I rest my case
Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:21 pm
Zuider User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

In my dealings with the RFL, 'shower' describes them perfectly.
The greatest game is being turned into a laughing stock amongst its own fans.
If we had competent people running the game, we'd have a much higher profile in UK sport.
Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:19 pm
meatpaste User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Good news. McGoldrick available and Ferriol out for 2 games.

However,what this means in reality is, you will get less penalties awarded they will get more. :DOH:
"I like that boulder-that is a nice boulder"
Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:53 pm
ComeOnYouUll User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Standee wrote:

Tubby Nigel, I think, until a repacement is announced for Lewis.
PreviousNext