Wed 23 May : RLFANS.COM will be undergoing maintenance over the next few days and the service may be unavailable periodically.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Great start for McGoldrick

Board index Super League Hull FC - blackandwhites.co.uk Great start for McGoldrick

Re: Great start for McGoldrick
Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:59 am
Posted by downtheante on Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:59 am
downtheante User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:00 am
Posts: 3324
Standee wrote:
You would hope AP could get together with the owners/CEO's of other clubs and make the RFL understand that the quality of officiating is damaging the game and putting their investment and players livelihoods in jeopardy. With so many leisure options available to people the game is at genuine risk of falling attendances if this continues, couple it with the atrocious "commentary" provided by Sky and the incredibly questionable Stobart sponsorship deal and the future looks questionable if nothing changes. The RFL seem to think the fans are still "flat caps and whippets".

I think the RFL is run by whippets (possibly in flat caps).

You make a good point about players' livelihoods - I wonder how many players' incomes have been adversely affected by incosistend and petty rulings. I still believe the whole incident ought never to have made it this far.
Re: Great start for McGoldrick
Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:42 am
Posted by Standee on Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:42 am
Standee Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2003 6:52 pm
Posts: 37503
downtheante wrote:
I think the RFL is run by whippets (possibly in flat caps).

You make a good point about players' livelihoods - I wonder how many players' incomes have been adversely affected by incosistend and petty rulings. I still believe the whole incident ought never to have made it this far.


it is a stupid rule "deliberate contact with the referee", it's not as if he was violent or anything, the referee simply stood in the wrong place. I am all for someone laying Ganson out cold, I'll pay the fine!
Re: Great start for McGoldrick
Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:04 am
Posted by Staffs FC on Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:04 am
Staffs FC User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:09 pm
Posts: 13119
Location: East Staffordshire
downtheante wrote:
I think the RFL is run by whippets (possibly in flat caps).

You make a good point about players' livelihoods - I wonder how many players' incomes have been adversely affected by incosistend and petty rulings. I still believe the whole incident ought never to have made it this far.


I agree. But having made it that far they should at the very least check back in the same season's rulings for previous analysis/outcomes. The incident was very similar to Webb's which was a case heard in March. In Webb's hearing the panel agreed that there was no malice and that the player was just trying to cover a potential quick tap and dive over the line by the opposition player. They fined him but didn't ban him. Why not just compare the two and arrive at the same conclusion first time around ? It would have saved us time and money and them embarrassment.
"To play your best football you need players with enthusiasm and drive and energy." - Peter Sterling

Adam Pearson said not wrote:
I know there are two franchises and two clubs (in Hull) and that will remain forever more
Re: Great start for McGoldrick
Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:12 am
Posted by Hessle Roader on Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:12 am
Hessle Roader User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 76,860

Quiz Score: 320

Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:43 am
Posts: 4218
Location: Drypool Bridge - watching out for invaders from the East.
Staffs FC wrote:
I agree. But having made it that far they should at the very least check back in the same season's rulings for previous analysis/outcomes. The incident was very similar to Webb's which was a case heard in March. In Webb's hearing the panel agreed that there was no malice and that the player was just trying to cover a potential quick tap and dive over the line by the opposition player. They fined him but didn't ban him. Why not just compare the two and arrive at the same conclusion first time around ? It would have saved us time and money and them embarrassment.



They don't know the meaning of embarrassment, but they certainly understand incompetence, after all they are the masters of it.
JOHNNY WHITELEY - A TRUE RUGBY LEAGUE LEGEND
Re: Great start for McGoldrick
Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:29 am
Posted by Standee on Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:29 am
Standee Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2003 6:52 pm
Posts: 37503
Hessle Roader wrote:
They don't know the meaning of embarrassment, but they certainly understand incompetence, after all they are the masters of it.


just "who are the RFL" nowadays anyway, Lewis has gone back to outside ping pong, who is running the show(er)?
Re: Great start for McGoldrick
Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:05 pm
Posted by voodooroo on Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:05 pm
voodooroo User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:38 pm
Posts: 1432
Standee wrote:
it is a stupid rule "deliberate contact with the referee", it's not as if he was violent or anything, the referee simply stood in the wrong place. I am all for someone laying Ganson out cold, I'll pay the fine!

Your not wrong Standee, however sensibility surely states that if the ref thought it was deliberate contact why didnt he send him off for it ??
Standee wrote: "because watching hull fc isn't worth the 200+ mile round trip ."
I rest my case
Re: Great start for McGoldrick
Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:05 pm
Posted by voodooroo on Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:05 pm
voodooroo User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:38 pm
Posts: 1432
Standee wrote:
just "who are the RFL" nowadays anyway, Lewis has gone back to outside ping pong, who is running the show(er)?


Kaff and co :lol: dont you know that mate
Standee wrote: "because watching hull fc isn't worth the 200+ mile round trip ."
I rest my case
Re: Great start for McGoldrick
Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:21 pm
Posted by Zuider on Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:21 pm
Zuider User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:12 pm
Posts: 165
Location: SHROPSHIRE
In my dealings with the RFL, 'shower' describes them perfectly.
The greatest game is being turned into a laughing stock amongst its own fans.
If we had competent people running the game, we'd have a much higher profile in UK sport.
Re: Great start for McGoldrick
Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:19 pm
Posted by meatpaste on Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:19 pm
meatpaste User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:40 am
Posts: 957
Good news. McGoldrick available and Ferriol out for 2 games.


However,what this means in reality is, you will get less penalties awarded they will get more. :DOH:
"I like that boulder-that is a nice boulder"
Re: Great start for McGoldrick
Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:53 pm
Posted by ComeOnYouUll on Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:53 pm
ComeOnYouUll User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 76,860

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 17794
Standee wrote:
just "who are the RFL" nowadays anyway, Lewis has gone back to outside ping pong, who is running the show(er)?


Tubby Nigel, I think, until a repacement is announced for Lewis.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bushy, C for Cuckoo, ComeOnYouUll, DABHAND, edinburgh yorkie, Faithful One, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Greavsie, Hessle Roader, hullandbroncos, Hullfan82, RichM, Touchliner, Windy winger, x teacher and 179 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Hull FC - blackandwhites.co.uk


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,733,5771,78876,8604,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
 Full Time (Hover Score) 
NRL
BRISBANE
18-10
PARRAMATTA EELS
L
I
V
E
 
TODAY : 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
CASTLEFORD
4-18
ST. HELENS
UPDATE! Lomax Try, Richardson Goal
LIVE ON SKY SPORTS
TOMORROW 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
WARRINGTON
v
HULL FC
Sun 3rd Jun 15:30
CC2018
ST. HELENS
v
HULL FC
Fri 8th Jun 20:00
SUPER LEAGUE
HULL FC
v
SALFORD
Sat 16th Jun 17:00
SUPER LEAGUE
HULL FC
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Fri 29th Jun 20:00
SUPER LEAGUE
HULL FC
v
WIDNES VIKINGS
Thu 5th Jul 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
HUDDERSFIELD
v
HULL FC
Fri 13th Jul 20:00
SUPER LEAGUE
HULL FC
v
ST. HELENS
Sun 22nd Jul 15:00
SUPER LEAGUE
WAKEFIELD
v
HULL FC
Fri 27th Jul 20:00
SUPER LEAGUE
HULL FC
v
HULL KR
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






34