PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Renewing season tickets for 2013

Board index Super League London Broncos Renewing season tickets for 2013

Season tickets 2013

I will renew my ST regardless of cost and who is coach.
28%
I will see what the prices are first, don't care about coach.
5%
I will see what the prices are and we must have a new coach.
24%
I will only renew if we have a new coach, don't care about price.
33%
I will not renew again, enough is enough.
10%

Total votes : 58

Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:00 am
markrammond User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

My suspicion is that the club will try to disguise Powell's involvement and role next season.

This may be done via putting a senior sounding position above him i.e. Director of
Rugby League or giving him a prestigious sounding job title which no one can fathom as to what its true remit is like Phil Bailey.

For the avoidance of doubt, I will not be prepared to accept Powell being involved with the first team whether disguised or not. A Season Ticket is almost a symbolic vote and I will not vote YES. We have been betrayed in 2011 and 2012 and owe nothing and there will need to be signs of goodwill - a full suite of new coaches at minimum.

<Sighs> Why do I think I will still be there regardless
Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:09 am
Dan Stains woz God User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

You talk a good fight, Mark.

See you at the HAC as usual. :lol:
Welcome Quins Kitties born 02.04.09 -
Purdo - Determined, loveable with a "can-do" attitude. A born leader.
Louie - Big, white and fluffy. A very noisy prop forward.
Harley- Cute and gorgeous (just like our no.9) Well, I couldn't call her Chad, could I?
Update on Quins Mogs :-
Purdo - deffo leader amongst Mogs. The Capo.
Louie - turned out to be more like Louie Spence than LMS. Re-named Judas.
Harley - Cute but not as gorgeous as our no.9.
Oh well, at least I haven't got a Willy.
Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:19 am
BarryT Stevo's Armpit

Since Fulham started in 1980 I've missed certainly less that 20 and probably less than 15 home games. This season is the last straw for me and the last 3 have been awful with no attempt by the club to do anything about it. There is no other club in any division of the Rugby League that would just carry on as we have for the last three seasons. It was quite obvious last season that Powell wasn't up to the job and it's been proved this year as nothing has changed even with the influx of so call 'better players'. The fact that he is still in position proves to me that the club is content to continue in the downward spiral to extiction. Because that is where it will end. We've had bad seasons in the past at Chiswick and Crystal Palace but the club had a heart then with a group of dedicated supportive fans. This management give the impression that the supporters just don't matter. So there 32 years of supporting RL in London for me is drawing to a close, I will not be renewing and the season can't end soon enough. :(
Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:49 am
Rob from Erith User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

east stander wrote:
I'm dreading the Wigan game and have been since the last spanking we got at home. That shouldn't be the case!

As the Leeds fan said to me as I was leaving the Stoop early last match , 'Don't blame you mate, we're rubbish and we'll still put 50 points on you, God alone knows how many Wigan will win by when they come here!'
Well f**k my hat, I didn't know that!

Come all without, come all within, we're London Broncos not the H********s!
Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:25 pm
Torbreck User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Sports teams etc are the only franchises where the true fans are more loyal than the owners or staff. People get divorced more often than they switch their favourite club. We'll all be back.
Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:39 pm
TaRL PaRL User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Cheer up everyone only 2 more years and there won't be a Superleague club in London.

The club are putting in a good effort at making sure nobody cares by then.

Still think I might though. I'll be there next year.
Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:18 pm
Homer User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

So, 42% of the 36 people allowed to vote :-) will renew if we have a new coach, but 50% of that figure support Listers view that they will renew whatever the price or coach, guess the biggest concern is the 50% of that number who will not be back again regardless.

They should be the target audience the club are addressing right now and trying to retain.
Sarcasm helps keep you from telling people what you really think of them.
Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:31 pm
Bronco believer User avatar
Stevo's Armpit

markrammond wrote:
My suspicion is that the club will try to disguise Powell's involvement and role next season.

What are we talking here, a Groucha Marx plastic specs and tash job?
Seriously hope you get this one wrong Mark, got to be the tin tack and see ya later, go see the RFL for a cushy number. No reason whatsoever to keep him around unless you want to reward total failure.
Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:21 pm
markrammond User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

My view is that David Hughes is thinking like a Trader in that the value of Rob Powell has bottomed out but if he holds his nerve that he will see a rebound upwards.

I see him as a kind of Nick Leeson in that he has invested too much to pull out, gambling in a haphazard way, maybe in a Martingale system.

I reckon Tawhai and Powell were told their respective fates about 3 weeks ago because Powell has been much more critical and negative in his interviews than before and Tawhai has quit.

My guess is that Powell had played the role of Martyr and that Hughesy is soft enough to have swallowed these tales of woe and gelling tales and give him charity
Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:05 pm
Darthchris User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Torbreck wrote:
Sports teams etc are the only franchises where the true fans are more loyal than the owners or staff. People get divorced more often than they switch their favourite club. We'll all be back.

Not a Q of whether or not people will come back, its how often and whether they commit to going to every game
Twitter @chris_caulfield
PreviousNext