PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - bulls - dragging on.----

Board index Super League Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com bulls - dragging on.----

Post Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:05 pm
Jonesy's a Legend User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

New_Farnley_Bull wrote:

b - I think I am right in saying (?) that Odsal is contaminated land due to it's present life as a tip so they wouldn't be allowed to build housing on it anyway.

sorted :wink:
Seth from Yorkshire says:
"These bluddy pie eating Wigan fans are gettin a bit too big for their boots
They finally win a grand final after god knows how long
And now think that they're the dog's b0ll0x
It’s a bluddy disgrace a tell thi"
Seth sez:"win 3 in a row and then you’re definitely the dog's b0ll0x"

On Sat Feb 05, 2011
Yed from over t’hills in Lancashire sed:
“Leeds are a spent force, yes they will be top half
and they'll turnover some of the big boys but they are slowly on the downward spiral similar to Bradford a few years back, they will slowly turn in to a mediocre side in the next 5 seasons.
Bookmark this if you like, but 5 years time you will be a mid table side, say what you want about Wire we may be too but at the moment there is nothing suggesting otherwise about Leeds.
Not arrogant it's not my way, just calling it as i see it.”

Seth from Yorkshire says:
“Yeds a bloody disgrace to society a tell thi”
Post Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:15 pm
craigizzard Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

New_Farnley_Bull wrote:
a - They would only buy back the lease, the land would still be owned by Bradford Council so they would have to buy before they could develop on it.

You don't need to own the freehold in order to develop leasehold land.
Post Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:32 pm
Buck Tarbrush User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

New_Farnley_Bull wrote:
a - They would only buy back the lease, the land would still be owned by Bradford Council so they would have to buy before they could develop on it.

b - I think I am right in saying (?) that Odsal is contaminated land due to it's past life as a tip so they wouldn't be allowed to build housing on it anyway.

property development doesnt just mean housing though , warehousing / distribution centres just off major motorway links could be very attractive indeed
On the day of the 2012 Grand Final

wireflyer33 wrote:- i will get back to you tomorrow,will be to0 hung over tonight after wires win in the g/f- as for wire having to play above themselves to beat leeds all wire need to do is play them like we did at wembley anyway,got to go,i have a g/f to go too,have a nice day watching wire lift the g/f trophy
Post Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:27 pm
MjM User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

craigizzard wrote:
You don't need to own the freehold in order to develop leasehold land.
OTOH you don't get planning permission from the owners to do what you like with the site.
Let all the doubters keep doubting and those who believe keep believing.

We’re only interested in those in the bubble. Anyone who wants to come in the bubble, you can come in.

But you’ve got to keep believing.
Post Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:11 pm
BillyRhino User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

MjM wrote:
As ever I think you're way off.

The owners in the long run of the stadium are Bradford council and they will be unlikely to overturn any existing sporting use covenants if it left the Bradford Bulls homeless. If alternative, viable, scenarios are presented that would be different - but the idea of this being some sort of asset stripping exercise is ludicrous.

Ah, the Orifice has spoken.

Try it in Swahili next time, and it might be clearer what you mean :wink:

Words like "unlikely" and phrases like "If alternate, viable scenarios are presented that would be different" are hardly a definitve and clinical financial assessment of the Bull's situation, now are they sweetcheeks?

Nor are wild assumptions of "asset stripping". It may have escaped your notice that assets in a Bradford Bulls stylee are a bit thin on the ground. How much is the scrap value of the Coral Stand these days? Not enough to get a group of property developers interested I suspect!

I was simply speculating aloud, and it would appear that Redhall shares my cynical attitude, whilst you seem to be a tad more naive in the wicked ways of the World, and bit behind the curve.

Do keep up.
Post Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:25 pm
jeffthejoiner Stevo's Armpit

If the Bulls are to be taken over by a group of Asians as in the telegraph and argos paper, will that mean no more beer on the terraces and pies or anything with beef in, both not allowed in their religion i believe . Don;t think the Bulls will fold , but how can they be granted a super league license due to the fact they have gone into administration and a ground not up to super league standards
Post Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:28 pm
Wheels User avatar
100% League Network Sponsor
100% League Network Sponsor

jeffthejoiner wrote:
If the Bulls are to be taken over by a group of Asians as in the telegraph and argos paper, will that mean no more beer on the terraces and pies or anything with beef in, both not allowed in their religion i believe.

I presume you have never been to Akbars then.

Which one religion does the whole of Asia follow exactly?
Post Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:30 pm
Backwoodsman Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Ref tony soprano.
What could be worse than having no club at all is people coming into a club and asset stripping. You might say what assets the bulls have to strip,anybody setting a new club up can trade for a few months not pay any major bills,vat, income tax. Then draw monies from the club,fold it with the excuse that they tried their best. The limited liability companies act protects genuine business failures but unfortunately some people take advantage. As small sub-contractor in the construction industry I have just had an eighteen thousand pound bad debt. This from a company that went bust and set up the following day with a minor name change. Just look at the chequered history of Portsmouth football club and the ducking and diving that went on there. All I am saying is the bulls need to be very careful at so called white knights. If the wrong people takeover we could be having this discussion two years from now.
Post Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:39 pm
BaldRick User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

A question I would like answering . but haven't seen posted anywwere ...

If the only way for the Bulls to survive a lil bit longer under their current unfortunate cirumstances is to accept an earlier than planned DUE installment of SKY money from the RFL ....
If the Bulls were to fold if that money were not handed over early would they still entitled to it ?

Surely the moment you cease to be a SL team you lose any claim on the
SKY/SL funds and therefore shouldn't be allowed to take your cut early .
Yorkshire Kidney Research Fund
http://www.ykrf.co.uk
Post Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:44 pm
Happy One User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Papa Lazarou would say "This is just a saga now"

Hello Dave
Champion of Portugal - 2003, 2004
Champion of UEFA Cup - 2003
Champion of Taça de Portugal - 2004
Champion of UEFA Champions League - 2004, 2010