PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Extending the fanbase into South Liverpool

Board index Super League Widnes Vikings Extending the fanbase into South Liverpool

 

Scouse Pie2 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:26 pm
Posts: 1092
Location: Liverpool
As long as you guys don't start venturing as far as Aigburth. I've got there covered :thumb: :ROCKS:
WIGAN RLFC - 3 WORLD CLUBS 20 LEAGUES 19 CHALLENGE CUPS

http://www.reddit.com/r/superleague
OFFTHECUFF Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:17 pm
Posts: 3490
Bruce_Forsyth wrote:
You're taking optimism to new levels.

"When we are winning things". lol. That's the most hilarious thing I've ever seen on an internet forum.

When exactly do you expect to start winning things, and what?


Ps, the wooden spoon doesn't count.


You are boring now, seeing your tedious threads of how bad we are as a team.Well against Castleford and Saints is big improvements, and we are going upwards and not backwards.On the subject of Speke and South Liverpool will be great to get new fans. :thumb:
Odem User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:59 am
Posts: 12856
Location: Ashvegas/Coventry
Widnes need to win back the fans who don't go anymore first.

New fans are much more likely to come to a vibrant home crowd than what you have at the moment.
Dropkick Murphy..we actually saw and heard a mass of bouncing and scarf and flag waving to Dale Cavese that drowned out anything we could muster.. It stopped us singing our own celebratory songs, it died out seconds later when we accepted we couldn't be heard over the Wigan lot
Celebrations muted from us, job done from them. Most fans who slag them off are jealous their own club's support is nowhere near that good
-
sally cinnamon..Why not discuss Wigan? It's a rugby league message board. Wigan are the most famous brand in rugby league
-
Tre Cool..Saints fans are hopeless unless it's a cup final or grand final. Wigan fans are so much more loyal and passionate
-
the flying biscuit..Wires havent been massively succesful over the years, but I've spoke to Brian Bevan And he spoke to me and i wouldnt swap that for Wigans History, ever
-
Ande..on the TV i could only hear the Wigan fans with about 10 to go
-
Saint94..Every team is in your feckin shadow, we all know
-
FIOS
OFFTHECUFF Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:17 pm
Posts: 3490
Odem wrote:
Widnes need to win back the fans who don't go anymore first.

New fans are much more likely to come to a vibrant home crowd than what you have at the moment.


Agreed i wish a few more in the Town would make more effort. :thumb:
WVRLCMatt Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:00 am
Posts: 224
Odem wrote:
Widnes need to win back the fans who don't go anymore first.

New fans are much more likely to come to a vibrant home crowd than what you have at the moment.


It's all well and good saying that though but the only way that you'll get Wids that wouldn't normally go to the games through the turnstiles is through winning. Most people in Widnes associate Widnes with losing and being in the second division not a world championship win 20 years ago .

It's a lot easier to introduce someone to the game of rugby league once through a cheap day out with the family and then them getting hooked rather than someone who knows about Widnes and would much rather stay in and watch united on tele.
Snake Plisskin User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:49 pm
Posts: 2016
Location: Doug Laughtons ashtray
The problem is these days around 50% of widnes folk are chavtastic plastic scousers who think association pussyball is the be all and end all. Plus another 30% are slack jawed faggots who will only show up when we've won the grand final, plus reduce tickets to 50 pence per game tight booty levels, and even then only when some fecund retards are not on tv busy ripping out the cultural heart of our nation on the X factor.
Image

Saddened! wrote:
You seem suicidal because McNamara hasn't picked your precious Mickey Mac, who's better than Roby, and Darryl 'Meninga' Goulding who makes Jamie Lyon look like an amateur.
Bruce_Forsyth Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:38 am
Posts: 335
Location: Knowing it all.
Snake Plisskin wrote:
The problem is these days around 50% of widnes folk are chavtastic plastic scousers who think association pussyball is the be all and end all. Plus another 30% are slack jawed faggots who will only show up when we've won the grand final, plus reduce tickets to 50 pence per game tight booty levels, and even then only when some fecund retards are not on tv busy ripping out the cultural heart of our nation on the X factor.


And when exactly do you expect to have 'won the Grand Final'?

Anytime before the year 3000 doesn't count.
Snake Plisskin User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:49 pm
Posts: 2016
Location: Doug Laughtons ashtray
Bruce_Forsyth wrote:
And when exactly do you expect to have 'won the Grand Final'?

Anytime before the year 3000 doesn't count.

I didn't say I expect to win the grand final. Read before you respond. :lol: Dealing with you is like being usain bolt and competing in the special olympics.
Image

Saddened! wrote:
You seem suicidal because McNamara hasn't picked your precious Mickey Mac, who's better than Roby, and Darryl 'Meninga' Goulding who makes Jamie Lyon look like an amateur.
Bruce_Forsyth Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:38 am
Posts: 335
Location: Knowing it all.
Snake Plisskin wrote:
I didn't say I expect to win the grand final. Read before you respond. :lol: Dealing with you is like being usain bolt and competing in the special olympics.


Dealing with you is just like dealing with someone who only got into RL when their 'team' was just about to somehow blag a SL place.


Oh sorry, you are.
OFFTHECUFF Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:17 pm
Posts: 3490
Bruce_Forsyth wrote:
Dealing with you is just like dealing with someone who only got into RL when their 'team' was just about to somehow blag a SL place.


Oh sorry, you are.

Go back to your toys as you are boring now. :STUPID:
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests

Quick Reply

   

Return to Widnes Vikings



All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.
RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, the RLSA (Rugby League Supporters Association) or the 100% League Network is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites, please email the author of this sub-site if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.
Copyright 1999 - 2014 RLFANS.COM