PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Full back

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:45 pm
FCfaninWakefield User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Am sure I have heard in more than one interview with Peter Gentle recently where he states that Rich Horne best position is full back.

Lo and behold we sign McGoldrick he goes full back and Horne goes back to stand off :o :o

What's going on ??

Dont know if this has been covered under a previous topic if it has accept my apologies
Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:48 pm
Bet Lynch User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

McGoldrick is here for the rest of the season, and Horne is playing 6 as we got rid of Ellis so have no cover. Horne may play f/back next season or McGoldrick maybe given a contract think it depends on how McGoldrick goes this season.
Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:49 pm
FC-Steward User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

I can't see Horne been our full back next season like gentle said . A couple of reasons really but if he was going to , why not play him there now and let him get use to it . But after the giants game last week gentle said after the game full back is the position for the fittest player in the team . So that rules Horne out straight away surely . Reckon our full back is out of mcgoldrick , Kearney or McDonnell for next season .
Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:08 pm
Black and white v2 Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

The exact reason we should have kept Ellis and not signed this ancient t0sspot who can't control himself on and off the pitch
Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:21 pm
Mr. Zucchini Head User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

FC-Steward wrote:
I can't see Horne been our full back next season like gentle said . A couple of reasons really but if he was going to , why not play him there now and let him get use to it . But after the giants game last week gentle said after the game full back is the position for the fittest player in the team . So that rules Horne out straight away surely . Reckon our full back is out of mcgoldrick , Kearney or McDonnell for next season .

Horne might not be fit in that he spends alot of time on the treatment table, but he has a good engine.

The trouble is that Horne is the best full back and also the best stand off at the club. So its a case of playing him in the position that is best for the team. Playing him at fullback on the basis that he needs to prepare for next year is pretty much admitting defeat for this year.
Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:28 pm
Sheldon User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

FCfaninWakefield wrote:
Am sure I have heard in more than one interview with Peter Gentle recently where he states that Rich Horne best position is full back.

Lo and behold we sign McGoldrick he goes full back and Horne goes back to stand off :o :o

What's going on ??

Dont know if this has been covered under a previous topic if it has accept my apologies

McGoldrick had been with us for half a day, he didn't know the calls or his team mates.

Would be a bit stupid to put him in at 6.
Why do the good one's lower their own standards when a troll's at work?
Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:43 pm
Towns88 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Goldie's kicking game is abysmal. Be best at Full Back out of the way and can occasionally join the attacking line. Capable off the bench as an additional half, as long as he doesn't kick it, or the ref.
"I'm sorry, but I would hope that we would beat Cas with a 1 day turnaround."

An arrogant Wigan fan a few days before we stuffed them 18-4 at the JJB.
Post Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:09 pm
barton baird User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Black and white v2 wrote:
The exact reason we should have kept Ellis and not signed this ancient t0sspot who can't control himself on and off the pitch

If ,as has been rumoured, Ellis would not toe the line,why should we keep him?
BLACK AND WHITES

East is East,West is West,
and never the twain shall meet.

--------------------------------
"I" said the sparrow "With my bow and arrow."