PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - no confidence in RFL !

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:07 pm
colt-45 User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

pop along and have your say and join group !

http://www.facebook.com/groups/368708236535465/
Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:26 pm
MadDogg User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

I was expecting something like this to come along.

I've joined it for what its worth.
Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:34 pm
colt-45 User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

MadDogg wrote:
I was expecting something like this to come along.

I've joined it for what its worth.

somebodys got to try something because them at red hall dont listen to the paying punters !
Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:36 pm
Pemps User avatar
100% League Network Sponsor

It's no good saying this isn't working and that isn't working but you need to say why and what should be done instead. Anyone can moan about everything g the RFL do. This place is full of 'em.

Put a proper argument and credible alternatives forward and you'll get the interest of people who matter rather than a load of bleating sheep.
king warrior wrote:
Adam Blair flew over yesterday and has been training the deal is going to be signed this week

Got to say this is a top signing
Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:46 pm
Conroy User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Location: Home of the FA Cup, Challenge Cup and Super League Trophies
Pemps wrote:
you'll get the interest of people who matter rather than a load of bleating sheep.

The RFL is in Yorkshire so a load of bleating sheep probably would get their attention :wink:
WIGAN RLFC
Post Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:53 am
fatbaztod100 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Conroy wrote:
The RFL is in Yorkshire so a load of bleating sheep probably would get their attention :wink:

I think you were thinking of the Welsh :WHISTLE:
New Years Resolution

To Stop Swearing

1st January FCUKing failed
Post Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:33 am
Pemps User avatar

fatbaztod100 wrote:
I think you were thinking of the Welsh :WHISTLE:

Yorkshire men, Welsh men and NZ men all have the same passion for our woolly little friends.
king warrior wrote:
Adam Blair flew over yesterday and has been training the deal is going to be signed this week

Got to say this is a top signing
Post Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:17 am
Deano G User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Pemps wrote:
It's no good saying this isn't working and that isn't working but you need to say why and what should be done instead. Anyone can moan about everything g the RFL do. This place is full of 'em.

Put a proper argument and credible alternatives forward and you'll get the interest of people who matter rather than a load of bleating sheep.

While I agree with that to an extent, the fact remains that the RFL should expect to be criticised and questioned over what it does and given its appalling track record it can't expect to hide from public scrutiny - an example would be the secret loan to Bradford Bulls by the RFL and the obvious questions of conflict of interest and the integrity of the competition which come out of that.

As well as getting them to perform better we need them to explain their behaviour. As far as I am aware they have issued no explanation of the loan - if they have I'd love to see it. They are now proposing to play Bradford's players' wages - I don't think they've done this for other clubs? Is this because they are biased towards Bradford (which is why they supported them financially in the past via the loan), or is it simply because they want to keep their tenant in business so they can keep paying the rent on Odsal? These are questions the RFL needs to address, with no obvious answers that will not invite further criticism of the RFL.

We also need them to admit to their mistakes (such as the licensing of a number of clubs which have gone bust soon after being given a clean bill of health by the RFL).

Yes the process needs to be constructive but the only way the RFL will learn from their errors is if they are open about them and tell us what they are going to do to stop it from happening again - the silence on the licensing process is deafening.
Badwanger wrote:
IMO, Sculthorpe at his peak was better than Hanley was at his.

nickmanator wrote:
billy boston in todays game might pinch a spot bringin the cone on and that bein kind

robbierotten wrote:
Imo Sam Tomkins is a very poor mans Danny Brough he is just a average player getting bigged up by the idiots who comentate on sky.

Deano G wrote:
Jonathan Davies, who is his equal in [Super League] today?

Badwanger wrote:
Wellens
Post Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:21 am
ROBINSON User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Pemps wrote:

I was going to say something similar. Who, or what would replace the RFL, and even so, how do you gain effective control of a sport that is owned by them?
"I've not come 'alfway round t'world fot watch us lose. And I've come halfway round t'world, an' av watched um lose"
Post Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:29 am
Wigan28/Leeds18 Andy User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Deano G wrote:
They are now proposing to play Bradford's players' wages - I don't think they've done this for other clubs? Is this because they are biased towards Bradford (which is why they supported them financially in the past via the loan), or is it simply because they want to keep their tenant in business so they can keep paying the rent on Odsal? These are questions the RFL needs to address, with no obvious answers that will not invite further criticism of the RFL.

The RFL aren't proposing to pay the Bulls wages. They are advancing the next instalment of the Sky money a week or two earlier to the Administrator.
Next