PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - huddersfield.???

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:40 am
brearley84 User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Billinge_Lump wrote:
Don't forget a lot of their players seem to want out as well. Their captain has said he's leaving, Gilmour is going, Brough is consistently rumoured to be going. I don't think it's just Brown leaving that is causing disruption there.

brough going nowhere

but the way things are being handled with the coming and goings for next season are not being done very well i dont think, more players involved that what you have mentioned behind the scenes, paul anderson is building his own team but its upsetting a few they hes doing it.

apparently nathan brown offered to resign after the cas game in changing rooms and asked players if they didnt want him in charge
HUDDERSFIELD
-
THE BIRTHPLACE OF RUGBY LEAGUE
Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:14 pm
on_the_charge Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

brearley84 wrote:
brough going nowhere

but the way things are being handled with the coming and goings for next season are not being done very well i dont think, more players involved that what you have mentioned behind the scenes, paul anderson is building his own team but its upsetting a few they hes doing it.

I cant imagine Paul Anderson being remotely bothered if he upsets a few people along the way...
Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:15 pm
on_the_charge Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

brearley84 wrote:

apparently nathan brown offered to resign after the cas game in changing rooms and asked players if they didnt want him in charge

I imagine thats a load of tripe to be honest...
Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:29 pm
McClennan User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

It's all got a bit of Garden of Gethsemane feel to it this hasn't it? Once Brown's been outed as going up to heaven, his followers desert him, whilst the other outsiders point to it as a failing on his behalf rather than than those of his disciples. As Pete said, Brown has done very well with what he's had but now he'll be upgrading. It's like going from Technika to Sony.
Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:31 pm
Carlos Alberto User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

I am sure someone pointed out as well that Tony Smith had overseen some of the worst form at Hudds before he left to join Leeds. 13 game losing streak maybe? He's done OK since then.
Tweet from @martinoffiah 23/08/2011: 'Must admit i did love watching Saints- Cunningham Joynt Longy Tommy then Leon, last classic RL team ever'. Even the dark side can't help but love the rebellion.
Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:44 pm
Sthelens RLFC Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

on_the_charge wrote:
In my opinion Simmons shouldnt have been sacked in the first place.

I'd be interested to see why. On results alone I'd have to disagree. With Royce in charge we won our first two games against London (bottom of the table) and Salford in a game we were behind at half time. We then took 1 point from the next 5 very winnable games. The players were rumoured to be unhappy with coaching methods. It's not as if we've had a bona fide head coach come in to replace him and we've seen a marked improvement in terms of results with 12 wins and 1 draw out of 16 with the three losses coming against Wigan, who lets face it, are far and away the best team in SL currently.

I'd be gobsmacked if we'd won that many games with a coach who had blatantly lost the dressing room.

I think Brown will bring a fresh impetus to this squad and with a couple of crucial signings I'd expect us to be challenging again next year.
Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:02 pm
brearley84 User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Sthelens RLFC wrote:
I'd be interested to see why. On results alone I'd have to disagree. With Royce in charge we won our first two games against London (bottom of the table) and Salford in a game we were behind at half time. We then took 1 point from the next 5 very winnable games. The players were rumoured to be unhappy with coaching methods. It's not as if we've had a bona fide head coach come in to replace him and we've seen a marked improvement in terms of results with 12 wins and 1 draw out of 16 with the three losses coming against Wigan, who lets face it, are far and away the best team in SL currently.

I'd be gobsmacked if we'd won that many games with a coach who had blatantly lost the dressing room.

I think Brown will bring a fresh impetus to this squad and with a couple of crucial signings I'd expect us to be challenging again next year.

even with roby at full back and wellens at prop?
HUDDERSFIELD
-
THE BIRTHPLACE OF RUGBY LEAGUE
Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:10 pm
Carlos Alberto User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Roby would probably do OK at FB. He did pretty well when he was used on the wing a few seasons back.
Tweet from @martinoffiah 23/08/2011: 'Must admit i did love watching Saints- Cunningham Joynt Longy Tommy then Leon, last classic RL team ever'. Even the dark side can't help but love the rebellion.
Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:11 pm
Top Saint User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

brearley84 wrote:
even with roby at full back and wellens at prop?

Best place for Wellens now probably. :)
A pint of sweat, saves a gallon of blood. - George S. Patton

In war, resolution; in defeat, defiance; in victory, magnanimity. - Winston Churchill

It is fatal to enter any war without the will to win it. - General Douglas MacArthur

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:44 pm
LovesToSpooge User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

McClennan wrote:
It's all got a bit of Garden of Gethsemane feel to it this hasn't it? Once Brown's been outed as going up to heaven, his followers desert him, whilst the other outsiders point to it as a failing on his behalf rather than than those of his disciples. As Pete said, Brown has done very well with what he's had but now he'll be upgrading. It's like going from Technika to Sony.

Interesting analogy. :THINK:

I assume Brown will be resurrected at St Helens, working wonders for a short period of time before ascending to Heaven, be that the NRL.

Sony not so long ago moved production to South Korea and as consequence quality retracted. Wait a minute! There's a parallel with Saints in there somewhere. :D
Wigan vs Leeds finals aggregate score.

Wigan 178 - 64 Leeds

Wigan wins - 6 Leeds wins - 0

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I am all out of bubblegum.

Don't you struggle. Don't you fight. Don't you worry, cause it's your turn tonight!

Esse quam videri.
PreviousNext