WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - huddersfield.???
 

Re: huddersfield.???

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:40 am
brearley84 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:26 pm
Posts: 11616
Location: Huddersfield
Billinge_Lump wrote:
Don't forget a lot of their players seem to want out as well. Their captain has said he's leaving, Gilmour is going, Brough is consistently rumoured to be going. I don't think it's just Brown leaving that is causing disruption there.


brough going nowhere

but the way things are being handled with the coming and goings for next season are not being done very well i dont think, more players involved that what you have mentioned behind the scenes, paul anderson is building his own team but its upsetting a few they hes doing it.

apparently nathan brown offered to resign after the cas game in changing rooms and asked players if they didnt want him in charge
HUDDERSFIELD
-
THE BIRTHPLACE OF RUGBY LEAGUE

Re: huddersfield.???

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:14 pm
on_the_charge Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:39 am
Posts: 290
brearley84 wrote:
brough going nowhere

but the way things are being handled with the coming and goings for next season are not being done very well i dont think, more players involved that what you have mentioned behind the scenes, paul anderson is building his own team but its upsetting a few they hes doing it.



I cant imagine Paul Anderson being remotely bothered if he upsets a few people along the way...

Re: huddersfield.???

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:15 pm
on_the_charge Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:39 am
Posts: 290
brearley84 wrote:

apparently nathan brown offered to resign after the cas game in changing rooms and asked players if they didnt want him in charge


I imagine thats a load of tripe to be honest...

Re: huddersfield.???

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:29 pm
McClennan User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 27751
Location: In rocket surgery

It's all got a bit of Garden of Gethsemane feel to it this hasn't it? Once Brown's been outed as going up to heaven, his followers desert him, whilst the other outsiders point to it as a failing on his behalf rather than than those of his disciples. As Pete said, Brown has done very well with what he's had but now he'll be upgrading. It's like going from Technika to Sony.

Re: huddersfield.???

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:31 pm
Carlos Alberto User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2002 9:04 pm
Posts: 17417
Location: Better living through chemistry.

I am sure someone pointed out as well that Tony Smith had overseen some of the worst form at Hudds before he left to join Leeds. 13 game losing streak maybe? He's done OK since then.
Tweet from @martinoffiah 23/08/2011: 'Must admit i did love watching Saints- Cunningham Joynt Longy Tommy then Leon, last classic RL team ever'. Even the dark side can't help but love the rebellion.

Re: huddersfield.???

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:44 pm
Sthelens RLFC Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2002 10:26 pm
Posts: 5846
Location: SH75 WN0
on_the_charge wrote:
In my opinion Simmons shouldnt have been sacked in the first place.



I'd be interested to see why. On results alone I'd have to disagree. With Royce in charge we won our first two games against London (bottom of the table) and Salford in a game we were behind at half time. We then took 1 point from the next 5 very winnable games. The players were rumoured to be unhappy with coaching methods. It's not as if we've had a bona fide head coach come in to replace him and we've seen a marked improvement in terms of results with 12 wins and 1 draw out of 16 with the three losses coming against Wigan, who lets face it, are far and away the best team in SL currently.

I'd be gobsmacked if we'd won that many games with a coach who had blatantly lost the dressing room.

I think Brown will bring a fresh impetus to this squad and with a couple of crucial signings I'd expect us to be challenging again next year.

Re: huddersfield.???

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:02 pm
brearley84 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:26 pm
Posts: 11616
Location: Huddersfield
Sthelens RLFC wrote:
I'd be interested to see why. On results alone I'd have to disagree. With Royce in charge we won our first two games against London (bottom of the table) and Salford in a game we were behind at half time. We then took 1 point from the next 5 very winnable games. The players were rumoured to be unhappy with coaching methods. It's not as if we've had a bona fide head coach come in to replace him and we've seen a marked improvement in terms of results with 12 wins and 1 draw out of 16 with the three losses coming against Wigan, who lets face it, are far and away the best team in SL currently.

I'd be gobsmacked if we'd won that many games with a coach who had blatantly lost the dressing room.

I think Brown will bring a fresh impetus to this squad and with a couple of crucial signings I'd expect us to be challenging again next year.




even with roby at full back and wellens at prop?
HUDDERSFIELD
-
THE BIRTHPLACE OF RUGBY LEAGUE

Re: huddersfield.???

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:10 pm
Carlos Alberto User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2002 9:04 pm
Posts: 17417
Location: Better living through chemistry.

Roby would probably do OK at FB. He did pretty well when he was used on the wing a few seasons back.
Tweet from @martinoffiah 23/08/2011: 'Must admit i did love watching Saints- Cunningham Joynt Longy Tommy then Leon, last classic RL team ever'. Even the dark side can't help but love the rebellion.

Re: huddersfield.???

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:11 pm
Top Saint User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:09 pm
Posts: 1179
Location: In a very weird place eating shortbread.
brearley84 wrote:
even with roby at full back and wellens at prop?


Best place for Wellens now probably. :)
A pint of sweat, saves a gallon of blood. - George S. Patton

In war, resolution; in defeat, defiance; in victory, magnanimity. - Winston Churchill

It is fatal to enter any war without the will to win it. - General Douglas MacArthur

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov

Re: huddersfield.???

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:44 pm
LovesToSpooge User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:02 pm
Posts: 5463
Location: Trapped in time. Surrounded by evil. Low on gas.
McClennan wrote:
It's all got a bit of Garden of Gethsemane feel to it this hasn't it? Once Brown's been outed as going up to heaven, his followers desert him, whilst the other outsiders point to it as a failing on his behalf rather than than those of his disciples. As Pete said, Brown has done very well with what he's had but now he'll be upgrading. It's like going from Technika to Sony.


Interesting analogy. :THINK:

I assume Brown will be resurrected at St Helens, working wonders for a short period of time before ascending to Heaven, be that the NRL.

Sony not so long ago moved production to South Korea and as consequence quality retracted. Wait a minute! There's a parallel with Saints in there somewhere. :D
Wigan vs Leeds finals aggregate score.

Wigan 178 - 64 Leeds

Wigan wins - 6 Leeds wins - 0


I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I am all out of bubblegum.

Don't you struggle. Don't you fight. Don't you worry, cause it's your turn tonight!

Esse quam videri.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bar Terence and 36 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to St. Helens - the-entertainers.tv


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORD (DATE)
4,448,41494075,4164,491 (28-03-2016)
Google Analytics Unique Monthly Users : 118,226 (May 2016)
DOWNLOAD OUR ANDROID APP CLICK HERE!
YOUR CLUB : Wakefield Trinity Wildcats
R
L
F
A
N
A
L
Y
T
I
C
S


Wakefield Trinity Wildcats
Change these prefs/or turn this off...

FIXTURES/RESULTS

W/D/L DATE COMP HOME AWAY
L Fri 23rd Sep SL STS 32 12 WAK
L Thu 15th Sep SL WAK 12 18 HFC
L Fri 9th Sep SL WAK 10 14 CAT
L Fri 2nd Sep SL CAS 46 22 WAK
L Sun 21st Aug SL WID 40 8 WAK
L Sun 14th Aug SL WAK 10 38 WAR
L Fri 5th Aug SL WIG 60 12 WAK
L Sun 24th Jul SL WAK 20 46 CAS
W Sat 16th Jul SL CAT 28 30 WAK
L Fri 8th Jul SL WIG 22 18 WAK
L Sun 3rd Jul SL WAK 32 44 STS
L Fri 17th Jun SL WAK 6 32 LEE
W Sun 12th Jun SL HUD 2 10 WAK
L Thu 2nd Jun SL WAK 16 54 HKR
L Fri 27th May SL SAL 38 8 WAK
W Sun 22nd May SL WAK 25 24 CAT
W Sun 15th May SL WAK 36 28 WAR
W Sun 8th May CC2016 WAK 40 22 TOU
W Fri 29th Apr SL WID 16 18 WAK
L Sun 24th Apr SL WAK 28 46 HFC
W Fri 15th Apr CC2016 WAK 44 10 SHE
W Sun 10th Apr SL WAK 62 0 WIG
W Sat 2nd Apr SL WAK 32 18 SAL
W Mon 28th Mar SL LEE 16 20 WAK
W Fri 25th Mar SL WAK 36 22 HUD
L Fri 18th Mar SL HFC 22 4 WAK
L Fri 11th Mar SL STS 44 4 WAK
L Sun 6th Mar SL WAK 28 42 CAT
L Fri 26th Feb SL WAR 34 16 WAK
W Sun 21st Feb SL HKR 12 14 WAK
L Sun 14th Feb SL CAS 40 6 WAK
L Sun 7th Feb SL WAK 16 24 WID
Tab two Tab three

Copyrite RLFanalytics 2016
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
  Thu 29th Sep : 20:00
SL-SF
Warrington
v
St. HelensTV  
  Fri 30th Sep : 20:00
SL-SF
Wigan
v
Hull FCTV  
  Sat 1st Oct : 14:00
CH1-GF
Toulouse
v
Barrow  
  Sat 1st Oct : 15:00
£1M-GF
Hull KR
v
SalfordTV  
  Sun 2nd Oct : 09:15
NRL-GF
Melbourne
v
CronullaTV  
  Sun 2nd Oct : 15:00
CH-PLATE
Bradford
v
Sheffield