PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - West Coast Pirates NRL bid

Board index Australian Rugby League Kangaroo Bar West Coast Pirates NRL bid

Main chat for Australian Rugby League

Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:28 am
JB Down Under User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

The cap you'll get as a member

WEST COAST PIRATES
Coming to get you 2015!
[url]http://westcoastpirates.com.au[/url]
Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:01 am
random_dav Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

JB Down Under wrote:
get yourself joined up mate!

I will be doing! Went down to the NIB stadium office a month or two ago to find out about the membership and had a quick chat with them
Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:39 am
Odem User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Has to be the worst name for a team I have ever heard.

What was wrong with WA Reds?

I would love to see a team in Peth and in NZ to seriously EXPAND the game, but that name and logo is just awful.
Dropkick Murphy..we actually saw and heard a mass of bouncing and scarf and flag waving to Dale Cavese that drowned out anything we could muster.. It stopped us singing our own celebratory songs, it died out seconds later when we accepted we couldn't be heard over the Wigan lot
Celebrations muted from us, job done from them. Most fans who slag them off are jealous their own club's support is nowhere near that good
-
sally cinnamon..Why not discuss Wigan? It's a rugby league message board. Wigan are the most famous brand in rugby league
-
Tre Cool..Saints fans are hopeless unless it's a cup final or grand final. Wigan fans are so much more loyal and passionate
-
the flying biscuit..Wires havent been massively succesful over the years, but I've spoke to Brian Bevan And he spoke to me and i wouldnt swap that for Wigans History, ever
-
Ande..on the TV i could only hear the Wigan fans with about 10 to go
-
Saint94..Every team is in your feckin shadow, we all know
-
FIOS
Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:55 am
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Seen worse, Roosters, Eeels Rabbts? lol

At least people want to be a Pirate!

plus we do have Australia's only Pirate sailed the WA waters.
WEST COAST PIRATES
Coming to get you 2015!
Post Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:50 pm
Odem User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

JB Down Under wrote:
Seen worse, Roosters, Eeels Rabbts? lol

At least people want to be a Pirate!

plus we do have Australia's only Pirate sailed the WA waters.

Rabbits?

Well, look at the history behind the name. It actually means something.

Pirate is just totally made up and has nothing behind it.

West Coast Swans would make much more sense and means much more than 'pirates'. However, this would be a bad idea because of the football team in sydney.

There was nothing wrong with WA Reds.
Dropkick Murphy..we actually saw and heard a mass of bouncing and scarf and flag waving to Dale Cavese that drowned out anything we could muster.. It stopped us singing our own celebratory songs, it died out seconds later when we accepted we couldn't be heard over the Wigan lot
Celebrations muted from us, job done from them. Most fans who slag them off are jealous their own club's support is nowhere near that good
-
sally cinnamon..Why not discuss Wigan? It's a rugby league message board. Wigan are the most famous brand in rugby league
-
Tre Cool..Saints fans are hopeless unless it's a cup final or grand final. Wigan fans are so much more loyal and passionate
-
the flying biscuit..Wires havent been massively succesful over the years, but I've spoke to Brian Bevan And he spoke to me and i wouldnt swap that for Wigans History, ever
-
-
-
FIOS
Post Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:08 pm
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Actaully there is a couple of significant WA links to Pirates. I know where the Rabbits, Eels and Roosters names come from historically, they are still crap for marketing. At least Pirates had huge potential for marketing and merchandise, it is unique in Australian sport and does have some historical context for WA.

Your right there was not much wrong with WA Reds (apart from 2 other sports teams called Reds and the smell it still carried from SL), I liked it and was very disappointed we binned it. At least we binned it for something that has some potentail and can be a strength of the new club.
WEST COAST PIRATES
Coming to get you 2015!
Post Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:55 pm
Odem User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

JB Down Under wrote:
Actaully there is a couple of significant WA links to Pirates. I know where the Rabbits, Eels and Roosters names come from historically, they are still crap for marketing. At least Pirates had huge potential for marketing and merchandise, it is unique in Australian sport and does have some historical context for WA.

Your right there was not much wrong with WA Reds (apart from 2 other sports teams called Reds and the smell it still carried from SL), I liked it and was very disappointed we binned it. At least we binned it for something that has some potentail and can be a strength of the new club.

Lets just hope they can add more to the league than some of the current clubs. Poor attendances and league positions/performances for some heartland clubs just are not good enough really.
-
-
-
-
-
-
FIOS
Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:08 am
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Jersey ideas- The club colours will be Red, Black & Gold

Home
Away
WEST COAST PIRATES
Coming to get you 2015!
Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:09 am
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

WARL CEO talking about the change in name

http://www.sportal.com.au/​mediaplayer/audio/League/​john-sackson-explains-west-coas​t-pirates-na-13281
WEST COAST PIRATES
Coming to get you 2015!
Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:12 am
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Become a crew member and the pack now includes this full size Steeden Pirates ball!
http://westcoastpirates.com.au/join-the-pirates-crew/

WEST COAST PIRATES
Coming to get you 2015!
PreviousNext