PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Tony Tonks

Post Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:50 pm
fevfan76 User avatar
Strong-running second rower

Not at all gutted, posted in another thread here. Great player but we have some great forwards at the moment who are playing very well. Dont really see the point of Bringing in another forward, especially an unfit one choose how good he is.

Tonks was great in bursts, DP played in in small spells when he was Fit. Think if he stays longer you will get the best out of him next season. But Remains to be seen how effective he will be this season
Post Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:51 pm
Chris.Taylor Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Great signing for you, all the best to Tony.

Disappointed we didn't get him, but i'm sure he'll do you all proud.
Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:41 am
Halifax1987 Strong-running second rower

if he can prove his fitness, its looking like he is already earmarked for a deal next season as well...

Tony’s with us until the end of the season, with a view to a longer term deal beyond that,” said Fax boss Karl Harrison, who first signed Tonks as a 16 year old for Bradford Bulls.

Good effort by Fax.
Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:43 am
Fax4Life User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Good signing a real tough cookie just what we need to back up our current pack with Morrison being out for the rest of this season.
Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:08 am
Rotherham Fev Fan Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Greg Florimos Boots wrote:
It does beg the question if he was so desperate to go back to Fev then why did he agree terms with Fax at the end of last season before the Giants stepped in at the last minute.

Cos we'd already got Dom.

Fev fans can say what they want but they will obviously be pretty gutted that he hasn't gone back there.

Patience GFB, patience! :D :D
She carries on through it all......
She's a Waterfall
Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:25 am
Greg Florimos Boots User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Rotherham Fev Fan wrote:
Cos we'd already got Dom.

Ah right so your best prop chose to leave because he didnt think he would get in the team. makes perfect sense now. :lol:

Sounds like he might get to play in the final afterall................ :D

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln
Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:40 am
Bronze RLFANS Member

I'm happy to discuss the process with you privately Greg should you wish. But essentially you are making some wide of the mark assumptions re the Giants and negotiations with Fev/Fax. Tony made his intentions to join the Giants so we moved for Dom and secured his services with the money free'd up by Tonka's departure. The Giants deal stalled for a couple of weeks when Harrison nipped in with an offer, which looked like would be the likely outcome til the giants finalised the deal.
This year he (Tonka) has spoken with mark and daryl and Fev was his preferred option. Many would love to see him back at Fev - but at which players expense?? A decision to stick with our front four who are on fire at the mo left Tonka with good offers from Dews//Fax to consider. He chose Fax.
Tonka is a cracking bloke away from rugby and will give his all. However, he's had precious little rugby this year and will need time to get up to match speed and familiar with his team mates. With only 6 games of the season left Daryl made the decision it wasn't a gamble worth taking at this stage of the season. C'est la vie.
If you want any clarity/validation on any of the above, I suggest you approach Tony himself. :D

However, I'm quite happy with him getting some match practice and fitness at another club before the end of season merry go round starts in ernest! :lol: :lol:
She's a Waterfall
Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:48 am
Greg Florimos Boots User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Rotherham Fev Fan wrote:
I'm happy to discuss the process with you privately Greg should you wish. But essentially you are making some wide of the mark assumptions re the Giants and negotiations with Fev/Fax. Tony made his intentions to join the Giants so we moved for Dom and secured his services with the money free'd up by Tonka's departure. The Giants deal stalled for a couple of weeks when Harrison nipped in with an offer, which looked like would be the likely outcome til the giants finalised the deal.
This year he (Tonka) has spoken with mark and daryl and Fev was his preferred option. Many would love to see him back at Fev - but at which players expense?? A decision to stick with our front four who are on fire at the mo left Tonka with good offers from Dews//Fax to consider. He chose Fax.
Tonka is a cracking bloke away from rugby and will give his all. However, he's had precious little rugby this year and will need time to get up to match speed and familiar with his team mates. With only 6 games of the season left Daryl made the decision it wasn't a gamble worth taking at this stage of the season. C'est la vie.
If you want any clarity/validation on any of the above, I suggest you approach Tony himself. :D

However, I'm quite happy with him getting some match practice and fitness at another club before the end of season merry go round starts in ernest! :lol: :lol:

Thats a pretty sweet story....... :D

I know theres plenty to look forward to this season but the plans for next season............get ready for the Fax domination. :D

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln
Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:49 am
Bronze RLFANS Member

I know theres plenty to look forward to this season but the plans for next season............get ready for the Fax domination. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: aye, I've heard it!! :lol: :lol:
She's a Waterfall
Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:16 am
spener User avatar

thanks for cheering me up on this wet dismal day :CHEERS:
PreviousNext