LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS AND MORE FEATURES
Currently There are 1526 Rugby League fans online
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Dons vs Barrow 15/07/12

Post Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:56 am
Stand-Offish User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:41 am
Posts: 15238
Location: Somewhere in Bonny Donny (Twinned with Krakatoa in 1883).
Well it's time to watch the Dons again after yet another mini-eternity, and this time it should be a match-up.
Barrow on their record are the best side in this division up to press.
It's arguable whether Workington are a better side at the moment and Donny too.
They are like us hard to beat on their own patch, but beatable away from home.

So what do we think?
We are playing them at a time when we have a few injuries, but so do they.
Darren Holt said the other week that he is out for a spell owing to an injury (groin I think), but I wouldn't put it past him to turn out against the Dons. He's our nemesis!

We are down to one winger, so unless Colton has shaken off his achilles trouble, someone will have to make do.

I'm a good whinger, would that help? :lol:
War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Thank God I'm an atheist.
Post Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:35 pm
donny hkr User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:54 pm
Posts: 920
There's no doubt we are capable of scoring enough points to win most games, but will need to defend better in the coming two fixtures. Hopefully it was because we were just a tad complacent whilst chasing a big score. Tom Hodsons pace will be missed, as at home the Dons like to use the full width of the pitch,which has been a big part of our home performances. The forwards will know they are in for a battle, and the bench will play a big part. I think we'll win ,by how many?, anyones guess
Post Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:31 pm
embassy Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:11 pm
Posts: 65
Ill start the guess the score going then ,. Dons 38. Barrow 18. I will be well pleased with that
Post Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:41 pm
donny hkr User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:54 pm
Posts: 920
embassy wrote:
Ill start the guess the score going then ,. Dons 38. Barrow 18. I will be well pleased with that

Think we all would be
Post Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:25 pm
Moonlight User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:22 pm
Posts: 2154
Location: BeCider seaside BeCider sea.
Dons to score thirteen points (or more) than Barrow, that will do nicely. Should be a cracker and the next two home games are what it is all about. Can't wait.
Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:57 pm
formerlyseuseuwho? Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:44 pm
Posts: 156
44-20, thereby maintaining our record of never having scored less than 40 points in a home game all season.
Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:14 pm
Stand-Offish User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:41 am
Posts: 15238
Location: Somewhere in Bonny Donny (Twinned with Krakatoa in 1883).
I just hope that the Barrow supporters go back to Cumbria as bewildered and disappointed as I was when I went (foolishly) to Barrow.

We have got to get a grip on Liam Harrison, particularly in the second half.
He plays as though he is a left centre, which he is not, he is a forward, but that's where he goes looking for holes. But if he's not stopped, he will damage us big time.

He is instrumental in lots of Barrow tries
He was the gamestar in their last game.
Miller take note.
War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Thank God I'm an atheist.
Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:58 pm
olddon Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:14 am
Posts: 361
Stand-Offish wrote:
I just hope that the Barrow supporters go back to Cumbria as bewildered and disappointed as I was when I went (foolishly) to Barrow.

We have got to get a grip on Liam Harrison, particularly in the second half.
He plays as though he is a left centre, which he is not, he is a forward, but that's where he goes looking for holes. But if he's not stopped, he will damage us big time.

He is instrumental in lots of Barrow tries
He was the gamestar in their last game.
Miller take note.

i think tony will be alert to all the dangers in the barrow team he aint no fool he will have watched the dvd,s worry not the dons will come out on top, have faith
Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:48 pm
Stand-Offish User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:41 am
Posts: 15238
Location: Somewhere in Bonny Donny (Twinned with Krakatoa in 1883).
olddon wrote:
i think tony will be alert to all the dangers in the barrow team he aint no fool he will have watched the dvd,s worry not the dons will come out on top, have faith

Did he not watch one before we went to Barrow then?

And yes, I do not share this wild euphoria that sees us beating Barrow easily and putting 40 points by them.

They have already made us look poop once already.

We are obviously a different prospect at the Keepmoat, but I ain't counting my chickens.

Barrow are not top for nothing, have not lost for ages and they did considerably better in the Puffers Cup than us.

COYD
War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Thank God I'm an atheist.
Post Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:21 am
olddon Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:14 am
Posts: 361
Stand-Offish wrote:
Did he not watch one before we went to Barrow then?

And yes, I do not share this wild euphoria that sees us beating Barrow easily and putting 40 points by them.

They have already made us look poop once already.

We are obviously a different prospect at the Keepmoat, but I ain't counting my chickens.

Barrow are not top for nothing, have not lost for ages and they did considerably better in the Puffers Cup than us.

COYD


if he did not see dvd,s prior to our visit to barrow we can forgive him as it was only our 2nd league game of the season,unlike barrow we did not take the puffers cup that seriously :DOH:
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GeoffRoebuck and 27 guests

Quick Reply

   

Return to Doncaster RLFC - comeonlineyoudons.co.uk




All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.
RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, the RLSA (Rugby League Supporters Association) or the 100% League Network is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites, please email the author of this sub-site if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.
Copyright 1999 - 2013 RLFANS.COM