PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Rumours and signings v8

Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:09 pm
Tricky Dicky User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

tugglesf78 wrote:
Dont quite understand the flak that Tuson gets.

Only recently (2-3 years) are some posters remarking on Hansen's positive contribution to the team, even though a defensive shift can go unnoticed.

Tuson is basically HH around 5 years ago. If he carries on we will have a very dependable and solid back rower.

Tuson has turned in better stats than H on a number of occasions this year. His exellent graft just goes un recognised by many non purists of the sport
"We Need to start running hard and smashing people"

"We are going to be fitter than we have ever been"

"The Culture needs to Change"

"We need to be getting to Old Trafford and Wembley and winning games"

"We will be fitter than we have ever been"

"We will do contact like we have never done before"

"WE WILL DO THINGS THE WIGAN WAY"

SHAUN WANE 2009
Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:19 pm
dubairl User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Tricky Dicky wrote:
Tuson has turned in better stats than H on a number of occasions this year. His exellent graft just goes un recognised by many non purists of the sport

tuson is very much like Hansen when he first broke through, but Hansen looked to have a better frame.
Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:28 pm
Pemps User avatar
100% League Network Sponsor
100% League Network Sponsor

Tricky Dicky wrote:

I don't believe that.
king warrior wrote:
Adam Blair flew over yesterday and has been training the deal is going to be signed this week

Got to say this is a top signing
Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:49 pm
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Tuson was excellent today and made cracking 40m break to set up Tomkins 1st try to get us back in a game we were struggling in.

He's a very important member of our 'squad'.
Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:40 pm
WARRIORCRAIG User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

inside_man wrote:
We've got 2nd rowers by the dozen though. Tuson is decent but never going to be anything more than a backup, we have enough young 2nd rowers coming through to not need to have him around the squad. The likes of Hughes and Lloyd can provide enough minutes to take his place in the squad.

We don't actually have that many 2nd rowers in reserve now really. We lost Hoff and Joel and didn't bring any other SRs in. Lauaki and Flower can both play there but Wane obviously prefers them in the front row. We've got our 1st choice starting backrow of Hock, Hansen and O'Loughlin with 2 on the bench in Farrell and Tuson. That leaves only Hughes and Lloyd as backup. Hughes has done very well this season and Lloyd is a season or two away from being a regular first teamer IMO. Tuson deserves anoher contract and I can't see him not getting one.
Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:42 pm
Cherry.Pie User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Tricky Dicky wrote:

Tuson hasn't turned in better stats than Hansen in any game that both players have played in at any point this season.
Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:59 pm
pk User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

yeah dicky ive posted before saying id like to see these figures - youve mentioned them a few times...
I've seen them bomb a quarter final, bottle a semi final, finish as league leaders, but I've still, never, seen the Wire win the league
Doom and gloom, doom and gloom
Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:27 pm
MattyB User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

WARRIORCRAIG wrote:
We don't actually have that many 2nd rowers in reserve now really. We lost Hoff and Joel and didn't bring any other SRs in. Lauaki and Flower can both play there but Wane obviously prefers them in the front row. We've got our 1st choice starting backrow of Hock, Hansen and O'Loughlin with 2 on the bench in Farrell and Tuson. That leaves only Hughes and Lloyd as backup. Hughes has done very well this season and Lloyd is a season or two away from being a regular first teamer IMO. Tuson deserves anoher contract and I can't see him not getting one.

Gelling is a second rower as well (as back up).
WIGAN RLFC

SUPER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2010 & 2013

CHALLENGE CUP FINAL WINNERS 2011 & 2013

LEAGUE LEADERS CHAMPIONS 2010 & 2012

ACADEMY GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2010, 2011, 2013 & 2014

BEST SUPPORTED CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010, 2011 & 2012

CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010 & 2012

Post Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:43 am
Smurf User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

tugglesf78 wrote:

Tuson is basically HH around 5 years ago. If he carries on we will have a very dependable and solid back rower.

Tuson is nowhere near the size Hansen ever was. I doubt he will ever come close.
Post Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:21 am
tugglesf78 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Smurf wrote:
Tuson is nowhere near the size Hansen ever was. I doubt he will ever come close.

Neither is Farrell
What's the rumpus, Tom?

Pemps wrote:
I can't confirm Bennett's exact words but I believe they were along the lines of "Strewth Ian, I wouldn't touch him with yours. He's a flammin' Gala".

Wigan Peer wrote:
I keep my bin under 30mph to avoid fines... :CURTAIN:

Please see for me if she's wearing a coat so warm
To keep her from the howlin' winds.
PreviousNext