PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - bradford bulls problems

Board index RLFANS MAIN The Virtual Terrace bradford bulls problems

Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:02 am
Cripesginger Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Kosh wrote:
I think there's a case for looking at the current penalties for admin and seeing if they need increasing, but applying that reasoning retrospectively to Bradford seems harsh.

Nothing retrospective here. After Cru and wakey's problems last year RFL/SLE changed the rules. The 'up to 6 point' immediate penalty remains but it was made clear that options including expulsion and dropping a club 1 or 2 divisions were available. All clubs entering SL in 2012 knew this.

There has to be some discretion in the decision making. For example if a major sponsor went bust and did not pay a SL club and this caused problems then the RFL would probably cut them some slack. However a club that continually took advances / loans and could not or would not repay them, a club that continued to wrack up 'debts' to the HMRC, A club that got its fans to raise £500K then went into administration may not get so much slack.
Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:20 am
barton baird User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Kosh wrote:
Why?

Well simply put Kosh,surely if you run any business and it goes tits up there has to be some form of comeback,otherwise everybody could go bust knowing they can carry on as normal.
BLACK AND WHITES

East is East,West is West,
and never the twain shall meet.

--------------------------------
"I" said the sparrow "With my bow and arrow."
Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:32 am
wrencat1873 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Bradford should suffer the same punishment as any other club.
Regardless of whether it was Wigan or Wakey, Saints or Salford.
The phrase about no sentiment in business springs to mind.
FWIW, I think the Bulls will remain, but the problems come when, heaven forbid, another club goes into admin.
There would be no tears shed if this happened to Cas, Salford, Wakey or London.
If this were the case there would be a clamour to reduce the numbers in SL.
Last edited by wrencat1873 on Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:55 am
spegs Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Cleck Bulls wrote:
from fans of any super league club, do you think the bulls should stay in super league?

Name of your club you support:
Answer: Yes/No
Why:

would be interesting to hear every fans thought on the matter.

Why does the club you support matter? No relevance at all. Idiot.
[b]Agar out[/b]
Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:03 pm
Kosh User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

barton baird wrote:
Well simply put Kosh,surely if you run any business and it goes tits up there has to be some form of comeback,otherwise everybody could go bust knowing they can carry on as normal.

My problem is with the idea of 'retribution'. It has an overly punitive feel to it for me, especially when you remember that the people you would be punishing had nothing to do with the state that the club is in now.

Sure, there should be serious consequences for going into admin. In fact there already have been and there are more to follow. I'm not sure that kicking the club and fans while they're down is the way to go though.
Hold on to me baby, his bony hands will do you no harm
It said in the cards, we lost our souls to the Nameless One
Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:08 pm
bren2k User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

A lot of people who may have advocated sympathy for the Bulls are likely to have hardened their stance following their 'only for as long as it was convenient' transformation into SL's most worthy charity case - players, fans, commentators and even the governing body joined in the emotional guilt trip to 'save' the Bulls, contributing to a level of hyperbole that was positively sick-making and could even be considered irresponsible.

Going into admin a short time later was a kick in the knackers for all those people and a massive two's up to the RL community.

If the RFL weren't complicit in the cover-up job that's been ongoing since the SL applications were scrutinised, I'd expect them to impose a severe penalty on the club; as it is, they'll smooth the way for a return to business as usual next season, and keep their fingers crossed that it doesn't happen again.
Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:08 pm
Homer Simpson User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

No, and they need the points deduction now they are in Admin

No one deserves to stay in super League if they cannot run their affairs correctly - Just look at RANGERS for tham one - Kick them Out, thay are living beyond their means
It's Official - "Homer Simpson is a Leeds Fan"
Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:29 pm
bryanthered User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

when does Bradford get points knock off them?
clubs in the past have lost points
or is it OK to go bust in super league and not have points taken off you?

and i do say sorry to Bradford but all clubs must be ruled on the same set of rules.
last year two clubs lost four points
and Widnes in the past

our game can not have double standards
other clubs will say it's OK to go bust from now on- Bradford is the "is the example"
OUR DAY WILL COME
Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:44 pm
JBT1991 User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Mate, calm down. We aren't even sure if the club will exist yet. When that is sorted then the points will be deducted.

We are being governed the same so, get off your pedestal and sit down. And why do you write your posts in the structure of a poem?
Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:27 pm
Fully User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

The points deduction is judged later this week, I believe.
PreviousNext