PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - 671

Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:01 pm
griff1998 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

viewtopic.php?f=77&t=532061&tsmp=1341756013

Some folk think 671 is overstating the crowd. :roll:
Sheffield Eagles - Back to Back National Champions 2012 and 2013 !!
Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:14 pm
Rotherham Fev Fan Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

give over Griff - you know how the game works despite your protestations and you 'sergeant shultz "I know nothing" approach'!
It was same in 09 at your play off game v us - 800 or so announced with a reasonable estimate of 600+ from Fev.
We know the crowd was more than that - you know it. Everybody knew it. It's what you get with home advantage. Until the RFL police it properly that's how it will go with a shared gate. The away team will get a token payment that's nowt like half based on the published figure of attendance. I perceived that Fax did it the same year and leigh did it with you last year.
No it's not right and I'm sure you will refute this 'allegation', but you know the score griff.
She carries on through it all......
She's a Waterfall
Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:18 pm
griff1998 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Why not send sumbdy to check the turnstile readings then ? :EH:

Done it myself in my time.
Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:26 pm
Bronze RLFANS Member

Dunno - you'd need a checker on each turnstyle. I saw it done at widnes once and they still had Lester Pigot's accountant announcing the attendance!!!!
The whole shared gate thing in RL is a proper farce. Everyone knows it. I haven't spoken (in private of course) to any official of any club who doesn't privately acknowledge it happens. Some clubs just milk it more than others.
Over stating in the championship happens for different reasons - and that is bloody commical too!
She's a Waterfall
Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:46 pm
griff1998 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

So that's an allegation of dishonesty that you're making then.

Just asking.

:NAUGHTY:
Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:51 pm
Bronze RLFANS Member

That's what how appears to me and just about everyone I know in the game. Funny thing is - I have just had a bet with how you'd respond!!! I won!
You know it happens Richie boy. You may not be so bold as to admit it - and why would you? But you know what the score is.
You can put the emoticon wavey finger as much as you like or play the "I'm not laying myself open to litigation" card if you like, but you know what happens.
She's a Waterfall
Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:02 pm
griff1998 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Ever heard of "no win no fee" lawyers ? :DOH:
Previous