LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS AND MORE FEATURES
Currently There are 1581 Rugby League fans online
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Season Tickets

What do you think is a reasonable price to pay for a Season Ticket next year

£100 - Same as this year
9%
£130 - equivalent to £10 per game
36%
£160 - equivalent to 5 free games (at £20 per game)
48%
£200 - equivalent to 3 free games
7%

Total votes : 44

Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:40 pm
Fordy User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Bearing in mind the situation at Bradford where I believe part of their shortfall on income has been the greatly reduced ticket prices I wondered what people would think was a reasonable price to pay.

I have no idea what the club are planning but I'm sure they are working on it. Can't see us getting them for the same price again myself but it's a difficult balancing act between increasing revenue and retaining the increased support.
WAKEFIELD TRINITY WILDCATS - The PRIDE of Sporting Wakefield

When you score a try, or kick a goal, or make that tackle, you dont do it for yourself, you do it for the team because the name on the front of the shirt is more important than the one on the back

Learn from the past, but don't live in it!
Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:49 pm
kinleycat User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

I've gone for £160, but i think at £150 that would be a leap far enough to enable a similar uptake next year, maybe £160 if we have some exciting signings already in the bag.
READ THE AUP:
http://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=438945&tsmp=1381997916
Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:02 pm
dboy Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

kinleycat wrote:
I've gone for £160, but i think at £150 that would be a leap far enough to enable a similar uptake next year, maybe £160 if we have some exciting signings already in the bag.

Yeah, I picked £130 because I think too big a jump would have a negative effect.

However, some real headline signings might change that thought.

Also, when we launch at Newmarket, that would also be a natural moment for a modest ticket hike...slowly, slowly, catchy monkey.
Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:20 pm
wrencat1873 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

I know its not on the list but, £180 for standard S/t, or 130/140 for 1873.
If the club can create a link between the 2 types of membership it should help increase the 1873 take up
Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:59 pm
Stanley Cat Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

You have to be very carefull about jacking prices up because there only needs to be a few people who think the cost is too great and then don't buy a ticket. Then you have to count on quite a number of people buying tickets at the higher price to counter the ones you have lost. I think the prices should creep up very slowly and then only after a move to Newmaket or a successful season. It is hardly likely to float someones boat and buy a dearer season ticket when we are almost propping the table up.
:GROUPHUG:
Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:03 pm
canterburywildcat Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

I went for £130 for 2 reasons

1. I fear if there is too big a price hike this year, it will put off some of the people who maybe are first time season ticket holders at Wakefield, and feel any more might be too much of an increase.

2. an entirely selfish reason- I can't make most of the games in a season as I am at uni alot (hence the name!) and 10 quid per game makes it just viable to buy a season ticket.

The real price increase can come when we move into Newmarket, as there will be major interest then!
Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:10 pm
Trinity Till Death Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Whilst i'm sure we'd all love it to stay at £100, the reality is that WTW is a business and come 2015 we'll be playing out of NM (fingers crossed). That said, i'd expect ST in Newmarket to be £200+, so the problem we have is balancing steadily increasing the price of a ST to account for our move to Newmarket but whilst retaining the majority of ST holders.

Therefore i'd go for £150 or £160 with discounts for 1873 members and Gold Members etc
Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:10 pm
Wildthing User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

canterburywildcat wrote:
I went for £130 for 2 reasons

1. I fear if there is too big a price hike this year, it will put off some of the people who maybe are first time season ticket holders at Wakefield, and feel any more might be too much of an increase.

2. an entirely selfish reason- I can't make most of the games in a season as I am at uni alot (hence the name!) and 10 quid per game makes it just viable to buy a season ticket.

The real price increase can come when we move into Newmarket, as there will be major interest then!

This.
Wakefield Trinity, home of some of the most miserable supporters ever created.
Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:11 pm
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

kinleycat wrote:

Exactly the same for me.
I would pay £160 but I think they need to rise steadily so they don't frighten people off.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:22 pm
wildycat User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

I went for £130.00 as I buy more than one, maybe do a good deal on a family ticket.. :PIMP:
FLEETMASTER STAND THE HOME OF THE NORTHSTANDERS

"Quote" But perhaps most impressive is another bumper Wildcats home crowd – 9,237 for a Saturday TV game in the cold and wet is a fine effort from one of Super League’s most progressive clubs "Gareth Walker the Mirror"

BORN CASTLEFORD
BRED NORMANTON
LIVE OUTWOOD
WAKEFIELD BORN AND BRED MADE UP OF WF10/WF6/WF1, WAKEFIELD TRINITY WILDCATS
Next