LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS AND MORE FEATURES
Currently There are 1760 Rugby League fans online
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Squad | Contract Info | Signings

Board index Super League Salford Red Devils - scarletturkey.com Squad | Contract Info | Signings

Red-Devils-PAW User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

B0NES wrote:
There's a poster on the Hull board saying we've signed Holdsworth. He's usually spot on with his info to. Broughy is staying at Hudds.

I was under the impression Pearson was only going to buy British players.
It seems a strange one.
Devils Disciples required - No initiation ceremony needed just enter AJ Bell Stadium on Gameday to be accepted.
Chico User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Salford have put a fee of £80m on his head.
MikeTommo User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

They seem pretty certain over on the FC board that this is a done deal. I can't imagine we would release him from his contract so I presume a fee is involved? If we have released him then were clearly in a bit of a mess for next season.

Not good going into pre-season having to pick up a new 1,6,7 and possibly even a 9 (depending on Godwin) with the little money we seemingly have to recruit with.

Has Moon got another year or is he OOC? Could be a busy miserable winter!
@MickeyTommo

Twitter stalker. RL Fans lurker. Ginger.
RED1 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

but even for a transfer fee ( which wouldnt be anythin like the myler one) why would we agree to sell our best player? Especially with Matty smith going. Unless Holdsowrth is unhappy which wouldnt surprise me going off some of his twitter comments this year.

However, surely it frees up a large chuck of salary cap space. I heard patten is on 120k per year (thats how we signed him ahead of shudds), holdsworth must be on 90/100k (again we beat hudds to sign him on extneded deal), then other players like smith, adamson, feka, vinnie all potentially leaving. If we get all this money to re-invest then we could sign some handy players on these amounts! IF they are available and IF we can convicne them to join us!
B0NES User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

SCR-SeaDiver wrote:
I was under the impression Pearson was only going to buy British players.
It seems a strange one.

Watts , Pitts , Arundel , Ellis, Crookes already signed , We are looking at Bateman and Whitehead too. Paea & Holdsworth were both mentioned a few weeks ago , Both 3 year deals . Again , This poster isnt usually wrong.
As I tread the Boulevard floor
Will I see you once more, Because you've coloured my mind .
faddy860 Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

heard that morley has signed for one year and a few lads at the the england game the other night luke robinson is coming back
Solly User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

That Robinson rumour is doing the rounds, I've heard of rats jumping a sinking ship but never jumping back on again. Morley no thanks, well past it he should never wear the red of Salford imo.
Waggon Reds - Manchester's Finest.

Born in Hope, Live in hope Salford RLFC.

according to a poster on saints forum we are signing a player on loan to be announced this week to cover half back....any ideas?
Red-Devils-PAW User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

RED1 wrote:
according to a poster on saints forum we are signing a player on loan to be announced this week to cover half back....any ideas?

I haven't seen the particular post but.......I have noticed another rumour about Andrew Dixon and although this half-back has signed an extension to his contract a few months ago I would NOT object to seeing a friend of Dixon playing for SCR - Gary Wheeler
Devils Disciples required - No initiation ceremony needed just enter AJ Bell Stadium on Gameday to be accepted.

Under Matty Smith thread. Dont think the loan signing is specifically from saints...just that we are signing 'someone'
PreviousNext