PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Player Leaving and Coming

Post Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:02 pm
TRAV123 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

how you would not want sammut because of his hair is pathetic !! very good half back could deffo do a good job and maybe a signing on the cheap aswell.
Post Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:45 pm
Birkbygiant User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Where is it written we will or intend to spend up to the salary cap?

I wouldn't be surprised if KD said sod it, he's done an incredible amount of work to stir the Huddersfield public into following the giants and our support is poop, we shoot ourselves in the foot every April/May and wonder why we don't look like we will win anything, it's frankly embarrassing!

Why should he poor more money in, I'm not sure we're worth it!
Post Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:12 pm
adamhuddsgiant Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

The signings and releases will be very interesting to see how baloo rates our squad. He is the main man for next season so he will have a big say on the comings and goings. He knows what is required to be part of a winning team let's hope he can convert that to building a championship winning side. I am certain a fair few will go but Anderson will have his own idea, tactics and plans for his future squad.
Post Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:43 pm
GiantsMassive Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Mullally, currently at Haven, is a major signing and also probably was helped re Kevin Brown going in opposite direction

Walker has a bad agent & by all means could end up retiring as no money in the sport

Ferres is indeed signed up

Tommy Lee & Scott Moore fighting it out for our 1 space in hooker role next year

The 2 key players at Bradford (Whitehead & Bateman) are Warrington bound

If I was looking at any of the halves at Bulls, I'd look towards Gale. Crookes could be worth a look also plus Scruton always looked the real deal at Leeds/Hull previously
Post Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:12 pm
Durham Giant User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

TRAV123 wrote:
how you would not want sammut because of his hair is pathetic !! very good half back could deffo do a good job and maybe a signing on the cheap aswell.

check a dictionary about sarcasm and irony :shock:
Huddersfield Giants 2013 over achievers

Huddersfield Giants 2014 under achievers ??????????
Post Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:27 pm
raceman User avatar

jakegiant wrote:
So we know

Kevin Brown to Widnes
Lee Gilmour to Castleford

I have been informed by a reliable source

Keith Mason is in talks with Cas and another club as has been told by the giants if he can find a deal elsewhere he can take it

Scott Grix is in talks with Widnes

Danny Brough is going no where

Adam Walker rejected a new contract from us and has not been offered one by anyone else so could find himself in a tricky situation

We have signed Anthony Mullaly who rejected a new contract from Widnes, spent last year playing for brisbane 20's. 20 Year old prop, waiting to be announced

We are no where near the salary cap and i would presume will be monitoring Bradfords situation as another 2 props maybe ideal for us. Kopczak/Hargreaves maybe? Luke Gale to replace grix if he goes?

Yes I heard the same about Scott Grix, heard Widnes asked if they could talk to 2 more of our players. Grixy being one of them and I just hope the other player told them where to go. I'm not naming him as we don't another thread like the Broughy leaving one which was total garbage!
Nobody has mentioned Lunty though? Won't he be fighting for a hooking role next season or have we written him off as a Leeds player now?
This will be our year......................................................Hopefully!
But maybe not with bentman running amock.
Post Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:44 pm
BOYD2 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Jake you forgot to mention Robbo and the clubs he his talking too.and why would players walk away from good Contracts surely if the club are telling players to go they have to pay them off.
Post Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:50 pm
jakegiant Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Boyd. Yes i have also heard Robinson is in talks with widnes aswell

I am also led to believe we offered Robinson and Mason for Darryl Clark to cas

Not sure whats going on but looks like there could be loads of changes

Brown/Gilmour/Robinson/Grix/Mason - If all these go we would have some massive space on the cap to sign players

We dont need bateman or whitehead its props we need.

burgess/kopczak/hargreaves/scruton id take any of them preferably the first two though

Ferres is a poor signing in my eyes
Post Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:33 pm
BOYD2 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Dont know weather youve noticed mate we dont play with Props,we play with loads of halves and hookers though :CRAZY:
Post Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:38 pm
raceman User avatar

jakegiant wrote:
Boyd. Yes i have also heard Robinson is in talks with widnes aswell

I am also led to believe we offered Robinson and Mason for Darryl Clark to cas

Not sure whats going on but looks like there could be loads of changes

Brown/Gilmour/Robinson/Grix/Mason - If all these go we would have some massive space on the cap to sign players

We dont need bateman or whitehead its props we need.

burgess/kopczak/hargreaves/scruton id take any of them preferably the first two though

Ferres is a poor signing in my eyes

Yes ok then it was Robbo who Widnes asked about. Like I said, I hope he told them where to go.
This will be our year......................................................Hopefully!
But maybe not with bentman running amock.
PreviousNext